MovieMars For Shipping Vinyl

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Myke, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

I haven't bought from this retailer in a very, very long time, and never vinyl. DVDs, maybe a Blu ray or two.
    Today, they appear to have an OOP record at a reasonable price, listed on the Amazon Marketplace, as well as their own site (even though the words "video game" appear in the description, which makes no sense, the UPC is what led me there.

I have also sent their customer service dept. these same questions, but thought I'd ask you guys as well.

Ever had vinyl shipped from MovieMars ?

2. danomar

danomar My spoon is too big.

Tangential reply: I bought CDs and DVDs multiple times from them in the past. A year or so ago, I got a few CDs and they took a very long time to ship and in a fairly poor fashion. My impression is that quality control has suffered a bit but cannot speak to their vinyl handling.

3. Myke

:doh: Vinyl shipping please. Thank you.

4. Myke

Bueller...Bueller ?

5. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Last year I bought a Pink Floyd RSD mono at an inflated price from them listed on amazon. When I got the LP two of the corners bent very bad, it went back for a refund and they would not replace it. Last time I order from them. :thumbsdow

uzn007 and Myke like this.
  6. Evad668

Evad668 Forum Resident

I ordered vinyl from them but they cancelled the order.

7. Myke

I've just heard back from a MovieMars customer service rep, who assured me the album I found on their site is the one I was looking for, and that they use album mailers to ship.

If this all plays out correctly, I'll have bought a sealed copy of The Allman Brothers Band At The Atlanta International Pop Festival ( 4 record set from RSD 2018 ) for only $56.19 inc. shipping !!!!!! Lowest before that was $69.98 + shipping.

For anyone else willing to roll the dice : Movie Mars - Discount Movies | Discount DVDs | Discount Blu-Rays | Discount Music CDs | Discount Books | Free Shipping

8. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I order a lot of stuff, but I refuse to order from them... really slow, usually damaged in one way or another, poor packaging and sometimes the wrong item (CD instead of LP, etc).

They never deliver the bargain that I am looking for.

9. Myke

Well, maybe my record will show up broken in two pieces, like that delivery from Elusive Disc a few years back. Who knows ? This day has been schittt ever since I woke up.

10. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe it will work out perfect in this case.

Myke and uzn007 like this.
  11. Myke

That'd be nice. Ya know I still have that gold DCC Bob Seger Night Moves you sold me 9 years ago ? It'd be great if all shipments were packed that well, and sent First Class, or Priority, so they arrive quickly.

This particular purchase has been frustrating as Hell.
    First, I didn't feel it necessary a year ago, when it was priced normally, nooooooo. Then, a year later, every "Make An Offer" I try, declines, sticking to their $69.98 and up pricing, then a vague listing from MovieMars in the Amazon Marketplace, which leads me to an even more vague listing on their site (the words ' video game ' in the listing ?) has me message their customer service, who assure me it's the vinyl I seek, so I roll the dice. We'll see.

I won't even start a thread about how they supposedly have 9 more copies after mine, because the whole thing could be a fluke. Normally, I would inform the other members of such a bargain.

12. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

I'll light a candle so that the shipping gods will smile upon your purchase and offer it safe passage.

Myke likes this.
  13. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

My last experience with MovieMars involved a CD priced at $8 (plus $3.99 for shipping). Bought it, marked as shipped about four days later.

Eleven days after that, they contacted me and said that after being kept in DHL's warehouse for 8 of those 11 days, they (DHL) damaged the shipping label to the point that my address was unreadable, so they sent it back to the seller.

Rather than attempt to re-send the CD in a new parcel (preferably with a competent delivery company), they cancelled my order, refunded me my $11.99, and re-listed the CD at $14.50 or thereabouts (before shipping).

DHL is half to blame as they're a notoriously awful company, but it's MM's choice to use them, and it was also their choice to jack the price up $6 rather than give me the product I wanted.

So I can't speak for their LP shipping practices, but based on my experience, MovieMars is worse than the worst and I would recommend and request that you not give them business.

Unless you're going to be saving more than $40 and you have it in writing that they will refund your purchase if you are dissatisfied, it's not worth the headache you'll end up with.

14. Myke

Saving about $20.00, and I've kept a steady discourse with the same customer service rep, who assures me she's watching my order closely. Should ship tomorrow ( one full week since ordering ), if not, I'm to contact her again, ya know, since she's watching it so closely, and all.
    Down to 7 left, so maybe I've helped sell 2 more, I don't know.

15. Myke

Arrived today, and everything is great !!!!
    And I saved quite a few dollars, not turning to the secondary market !!!

8 left at $55.97 inc.shipping in a genuine album mailer, that went out via DHL 4 days ago, and was handed off to USPS.

Now, I rec'd no shipping notice, or tracking number, but if you have Informed Delivery, you already know that makes no difference.
    Also, it took 6 days from placing the order, to shipping.

Pali Gap likes this.
  16. Myke

17. Myke

[​IMG]

Jimi Bat likes this.
  18. Myke

All 8 sides played flawlessly too ! To think I could've paid so much more for this, if I hadn't persisted for a better price.

JasonA likes this.
  19. InStepWithTheStars

You really lucked out. I've never had DHL hand off to USPS in less than a week.

Myke likes this.
  20. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Yes, indeed. DHL is the kiss of death. Hate like hell ever to see that DHL is involved with delivery of anything to moi. (They must be cheaper than cheap?)

Still, yes, DHL = SUX.

Quark1134 likes this.
  21. Myke

You get no shipping details with Movie Mars, only that it's free.

22. InStepWithTheStars

It's not cheaper than cheap... at most, it's a dollar. (Or was, a few years ago). They just don't want to make two trips to two separate post offices. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

23. Myke

As well as this roll of the dice turned out, I'd be a Foole to ever do it again.

chazz101s likes this.
  24. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

These guys are scumbags. Don't buy anything from them.

They say they have titles in stock and then never ship.

Tracey likes this.
  25. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Kind of shocked by the negativity here. I’ve ordered tons from them and not once had a negative experience. I should state for clarity that never vinyl, so sorry for being a bit off topic.

Glad the transaction went smoothly for the OP, though.

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.