Movies That Killed Careers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JediJones, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits and Abbie: Best Dogs Ever

A quick Internet search claims Myers is worth about $200 million.

I would assume a lot of that comes from the AP movies, as I also assume he owns a good chunk of the profits!

2. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

He’s front and center in each of those posters especially the sequels and if you asked someone to name who starred in those movies more than likely the only person they’ll be able to name is Steve Guttenberg. He was popular for a few years. Tom Hanks he wasn’t but he was able to support a movie.

3. Oatsdad

Man, you're really reaching hard to push the claim Guttenberg was a movie star! :help:

"Front and center"...?

Dude was nowhere without the Stonecutters anyway...

Pete Puma likes this.
  4. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

How about I simply have a different opinion than you? I didn’t mock you like you’re doing here to me because I don’t agree.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021 at 6:00 AM
  5. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I will always honor Alex Cox for Repo Man, but I have tried and can't get into his other films at all. I just don't think he is technically a very good film maker. Thank God HST wouldn't let him do Fear and Loathing. He is better as a film commentator and critic I think. Just one opinion of course.

6. Oatsdad

Not mocking you. Simply pointing out that your evidence -such as "he's front and center on those movie posters that he shares with a ton of other people!" - of Guttenberg's fame is weak.