Movies that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

...Speaking of "Greed":

My hard-core film nut self wants to see a re-do of that, maybe as a Netflix mini-series, to make up for Stroheim's partially lost masterpiece.
    My realist/pessimist side says: "No way. Shot on digital, in color?? And more so, who the heck would have the balls today to write and direct it in such a way that it would do justice to the film or the original novel?"

Sleeping dogs and all of that....:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

Ishtar, the sequel. Because Dustin needs the work, don't know about Warren.

3. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

A Sergio Leone film about The Mafia/Sicilians set in Italy/Sicily.

vivresavie likes this.
  4. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

Godzilla vs. Ruth Gordon

MikaelaArsenault and Rachael Bee like this.
  5. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

A two hour film based on the life of Bessie Stringfield.

Them would be my motorcycle diaries.

[​IMG]

Bessie Stringfield’s life is the stuff of which legends are made. Bessie has been mentioned in books, magazines, newspapers and television documentaries. In 1990, when the American Motorcyclist Association opened its Motorcycle Heritage Museum, Bessie featured in its inaugural exhibit on Women in Motorcycling. A decade later the AMA created the Bessie Stringfield Award to honor women who are leaders in motorcycling. In 2002, she was inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of Fame. Bessie, or BB as she was known among friends, described over 60 years of motorcycling: “I was somethin’! What I did was fun and I loved it.”

In the 1930s and 1940s Bessie made eight long-distance, solo rides across the United States. Speaking to a reporter, she dismissed the idea that “nice girls didn’t ride motorcycles in those days.” She was also seemingly fearless about riding through the Deep South when racial prejudice was a tangible threat.

Born in Kingston, Jamaica, in 1911, she was brought to Boston as a young child but was orphaned by the age of 5. “An Irish lady raised me,” she recalled. “I’m not allowed to use her name. She gave me whatever I wanted. When I was in high school I wanted a motorcycle. And even though good girls didn’t ride motorcycles, I got one.” She was 16 when she climbed aboard her first motorbike, a 1928 Indian Scout, and, despite having no prior knowledge of how to operate it whatsoever, Bessie proved to be a natural. She insisted God gave her the skills. “My [Irish] mother said if I wanted anything I had to ask Our Lord Jesus Christ, and so I did,” she said. “He taught me and He’s with me at all times, even now. When I get on the motorcycle I put the Man Upstairs on the front. I’m very happy on two wheels.” She was especially happy on Milwaukee iron. Her one Indian notwithstanding, Bessie said of the 27 Harleys she owned in her lifetime, “To me, a Harley is the only motorcycle ever made.”

At the age of 19 Bessie Stringfield began tossing a penny onto a map and then riding to wherever it landed. She covered all of the 48 lower states. Bessie’s faith got her through many nights. “If you had black skin you couldn’t get a place to stay,” she said. “I knew the Lord would take care of me and He did. If I found black folks, I’d stay with them. If not, I’d sleep at filling stations on my motorcycle.” Bessie folded her jacket on the handlebars as a pillow and rested her feet on the rear mudguard. Using her skills and can-do attitude, she also performed trick riding in carnival stunt shows.

Between her travels, Bessie wed and divorced six times, declaring, “If you kissed, you got married.” She and her first husband were deeply saddened by the loss of three babies and Bessie had no more children. On divorcing her third husband, Arthur Stringfield, she said, “He asked me to keep his name because I’d made it famous!”

During the Second World War, Bessie worked for the army as a civilian motorcycle dispatch rider. The only woman in her unit, she completed rigorous training maneuvers. She learned how to weave a makeshift bridge from rope and tree limbs to cross swamps, although she never had to do so in the line of duty. With a military crest on the front of her own blue Harley, a “61,” she carried documents between domestic U.S. bases. Bessie encountered racial prejudice on the road. On one occasion she was followed by a man in a pickup truck who ran her off the road, knocking her off her bike. She played down her courage in coping with such incidents. “I had my ups and downs,” she shrugged.

In the 1950s, Bessie bought a house in Miami, Florida. She became a licensed practical nurse and founded the Iron Horse Motorcycle Club. Disguised as a man, Bessie won a flat track race but was denied the prize money after she took off her helmet. Her other antics, such as riding while standing in the saddle of her Harley, attracted the attention of the local press. Reporters nicknamed her the “Negro Motorcycle Queen” and later the “Motorcycle Queen of Miami.”

Late in life, Bessie suffered from symptoms caused by an enlarged heart. “Years ago the doctor wanted to stop me from riding,” she recalled. “I told him if I don’t ride, I won’t live long. And so I never did quit.” Before she died in 1993, at the age of 82, Bessie said, “They tell me my heart is three times the size it’s supposed to be.” An apt metaphor for this unconventional woman whose heart and spirited determination have touched so many lives.

Text mostly © 2002, American Motorcyclist Association

[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault, GLENN and Claus LH like this.
  6. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

Gunsmoke-Return to Dodge City, with actor Matt Dillon as Sheriff Matt Dillon, Lindsey Lohan as Miss Kitty, Nicholas Cage as Festus Hagan, and Johnny Depp as Doc Adams.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. DHamilton

DHamilton Forum Resident

A well done "Pilgrim's Progress" would be pretty neat I think...

8. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Waiting For Godot II - The Revenge Of Vladimir and Estregon

They've waited long enough...now they want payback!

Starring The Rock and Bruce Willis, with Chuck Norris as Godot

Dudley Morris likes this.
  9. Evil Strawberry

Evil Strawberry Forum Resident

A good Mario Bros Movie. that's not made by Sony and has a good team behind it. Like one that's made in 2d animation. and has Charles Martinet playing Mario. and can craft a decent story. and have it be timeless. still make it Happen.
    [​IMG]

10. Evil Strawberry

Evil Strawberry Forum Resident

Also forgot A GTA film That Stars all the GTA Protagonist. like Claude, Niko, CJ, Tommy Vercetti, and Trevor, Just to name a few.

11. moops

moops Senior Member

I would like to see serious attempts at epic bio-pics for ........

Helena Blavatsky
    Aleister Crowley
    Nikola Tesla

No ideas about directors or actors yet.

12. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

An epic biopic about Charles Dickens. "The Man Who Invented Christmas" was excellent but it only covered those few weeks that he spent writing " A Christmas Carol".

13. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

I wish Arnold would have done more good Conan movies and not done Conan the Destroyer

14. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

I wish they would have done 2 more Indiana Jones movies in the '90s when Harrison Ford was still in his prime, like they were originally planning to do.

jamesc likes this.
  15. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

As a big fan of Garfield the cat, I wish they would do him justice with a good animated movie. Those 2 movies they did with Bill Murray's voice were crap!

Evil Strawberry likes this.
  16. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

I wish they would have done a good final Star Trek The Next Generation film. Nemesis was dismal.

17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Dog of the South

18. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I can picture that, he's a police dog and he kills all the roosters down at the cockfights at Jubal's Barn... ;)

19. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

:laugh:

It's a Charles Portis novel

20. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

A new version of "A Christmas Carol" with Ian McKellan as Scrooge and Daniel Radcliffe as Bob Crachit.

21. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

Old Man's War
    Neuromancer
    Dark Tower (but done right this time)

22. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

A sequel to The Professional with Natalie Portman as the lead. I would love to see her take over the same job as Leon.

Mylene and jamesc like this.
  23. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

24. mrwolk

mrwolk One and a half ears...no waiting!

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I Am Number 4...a most hated movie by the critics...
    the ending of course left room for a sequel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.