Movies that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea, they did that...Raise the Titanic from the tomb...LOL.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

That Thing You Do...the reunion tour...

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Here's another one I'd love to see. The final chapter in the Ray Nicolette trilogy with Micheal Keaton reprising his role and with Shane Black writing and directing.

4. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

Fredric Brown's "The Far Cry," directed by Werner Herzog, starring Gary Oldman
    Robert Bloch's "The Scarf," directed by William Castle, starring Anthony Perkins and Myrna Loy
    Robert Sheckley's "Game of X," directed by Alfred Hitchcock
    Gore Vidal's "The Judgment of Paris," directed by George Stevens, starring Montgomery Clift, Joan Crawford, Ida Lupino, and Elizabeth Taylor
    "Help!" still directed by Richard Lester and starring the Beatles, but screenplay by Kingsley Amis w/ editorial advice from Martin Amis
    Christopher Priest's "The Glamour," directed by and starring James Dean

5. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

A decent movie of one of Terry Pratchett’s discworld novels. Maybe start with Guards! Guards!

6. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I agree that Nemesis was not a good way to end the series. At this point, it wouldn't be possible to do a live-action Next Generation movie (I doubt everyone would be willing to come back to do it), but I'd like to see a final animated Next Generation movie to end the series. With voice acting, it would be possible to do a movie where everyone looks as they did in the series, but it would give them the flexibility to do things that would be difficult to do in a live-action movie (something that the Filmation Star Trek series didn't take much advantage of). As a final risky move, do it as an anime with the backing of a major animation studio in Japan. As shown by series like Gunbuster (which has aliens to which The Borg are nothing) and Neon Genesis Evangeleon, it should be possible to do a quality Star Trek anime.

7. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

In keeping with this, I'd like to see a movie based on the video game Shadow Of Destiny, a great video game for the PS2 and PC which involved time travel where the lead character gets killed in the beginning of the game and is given the ability to act to prevent his own death.

The reason this came to mind is that one of the supporting characters in the game, Homunculus, is voiced by Charles Martinet, the same man who voices Mario.

Evil Strawberry likes this.
  8. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Superman V with Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, Margot Kidder etc.
    with good writing.

One Star Wars prequel instead of three, with good writing and acting.

Evil Strawberry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.