Movies you can watch over and over

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chrome_Head, Dec 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanleyp

hanleyp Forum Resident

After reading some of the previous posts there are more that I would watch multiple times than I first thought, great selections by everyone.

One that I haven't seen mentioned is John Wayne The Cowboys. I love this movie I will stop and watch whenever I see on TV even though I own it on DVD.

2. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

For Love Of The Game
    The Usual Suspects
    Silverado

3. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Pulp Fiction
    Goodfellas
    Shawshank Redemption
    Halloween
    Dumb and Dumber
    Dirty Harry
    The Godfather
    Silence of the Lambs
    Airplane

ZackyDog likes this.
  4. HaileyMcComet

HaileyMcComet Forum Resident

Anything by Orson Welles, Charles Chaplin, Woody Allen, Agnes Varda, Stanley Kubrick, Robert Altman, Mike Nichols, Bernardo Bertolucci, Mel Brooks, Peter Greenaway, Joel & Ethan Coen, Sylvia Chang, John Ford, Claire Denis, Terry Gilliam, Christopher Guest, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Gene Kelly, Paul Thomas Anderson, Alfred Hitchcock, Jerry Lewis, Carl Reiner, John Huston, Jeffrey Lau, Albert Brooks, David Lean, Barry Levinson, Jacques Rivette, Blake Edwards, Derek Yee, Penny Marshall, Vincente Minnelli, Nancy Meyers or Robert Mulligan.

vivresavie likes this.
  5. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

The first two? Boy, howdy!!!
    Godfather III? Ehhhh…..no.

6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Viva Las Vegas

Jimmy B. likes this.
  7. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

For Elvis ? For Ann Margret ? Or for both?

8. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

Body Heat. What a g r e a t movie. I saw it when it was first released in 1981, when I was 17. 39 years later, it still gives me chills.

If I am remembering it correctly, the theater version was longer and the Blu-ray release was edited.

Everyone's acting was spot on. Ted Danson was a scene-stealer. I can't believe that this is the same guy who, in the following year (1982), went on to star in Cheers. Richard Crenna was stellar as Edmund Walker. And Mickey Rourke had some great scenes with William Hurt. William Hurt and Kathleen Hurt had a great chemistry.

I wish that they did a sequel. I like it better than Double Indemnity.

[​IMG]

HaileyMcComet likes this.
  9. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Almost none. I have this odd thing with movies where it's one and done. Even if there is a major twist that was foreshadowed I have little to no desire to re-watch it.

It's weird. I can listen to a song or an album dozens of times and enjoy it more each time. But for movies, if I know what happens next I tend to get bored.

To answer the OP: Pulp Fiction, 2001, Goodfellas and a couple others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.