Movies you thought you'd never see on Blu-ray - but here they are!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks to Vinegar Syndrome, Let My Puppets Come is now on Blu-Ray. :wtf: I guess everything really is fair game now.

2. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Pollyanna / The Parent Trap / Sarah T. Portrait Of A Teenage Alcoholic - Hayley Mills has always
    been my favorite actress & I still can't believe Disney never did a box set of her movies. I want them
    all! For now, I am happy to have "Pollyanna" & "The Parent Trap" on Blu-Ray. They look gorgeous!

After "The Exorcist", Linda Blair did a bunch of great TV movies. "Sarah T. Portrait Of A Teenage
    Alcoholic" was one of them. I'd like to see the rest get a Blu-Ray release.
    [​IMG]

SandAndGlass likes this.
  3. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Doctor Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine and Doctor Goldfoot And The Girl Bombs. I thought them being released on DVD was the best that I could hope for, but not only were they released on Blu-Ray, but they included very entertaining running commentary (which included a interesting bits of information) as an option and the video looks very shape.

Now, it would be a real surprise if they ever released the Italian version of Doctor Goldfoot And The Girl Bombs on Blu-Ray. I've seen both the U. S. and Italian versions of the movie and I estimate that at least 30 minutes of footage in one version doesn't appear in the other version (the Italian version features scenes that explain some of the plot holes in the U. S. version).

klockwerk likes this.
  4. "Resurrection"-A terrific movie with a terrific premise.

5. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Grew up on Hayley, she was always an excellent actress and Disney to their credit did her justice in their family oriented movies.

I have many of Hayley's movies in my collection.

6. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I'd say The Old Dark House and a few of the recently done Mary Pickford features are the first that come to mind.

7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

This Island Earth - 2019
    20,000 Leagues Under The Sea - 2019

Journey To The Center Of The Earth -2015

SandAndGlass likes this.
  8. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Breakfast At Tiffany's

SandAndGlass likes this.
  9. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Is the Blu-ray an upgrade from
    the 2010 Severin dvd, wider frame?

10. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

11. The Pinhead

12. Roman Potato Chip

Roman Potato Chip Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Didn't think I'd see this one ever because of its source. Came with a cool update documentary as well.

13. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

The Rutles.

14. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Rory Gallagher Ireland 1974/Taste IOW 1970.

I secretly wonder if Edge from U2 funded the blu-ray production/mastering fees. I think U2's lifelong soundguy did Rory before U2.

15. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

VERY surprised to stumble across this one online. Not that I'm buying it. Bleah.

[​IMG]

16. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I agree on the Lost Horizon musical and very happy it did get released. I never thought Xanadu would get the blu-ray treatment. B movie fare like The Green Slime, Dinosaurus, The TV movie The Night Stalker, The TV cut of Superman, classic 3D movies like the two Creature films and now, finally, Friday the 13th 3D. The last few years have been amazing. There’s been quite a few dreams-come-true releases.

One of the few left for me is All of Me with Steve Martin and Lily Tomlin and Splash.

17. SandAndGlass

I had the Ross Hunter, Lost Horizion on DVD, I think it is a good musical adaption with a fantastic cast. I used to have a 16mm print of it back before VHS tapes became popular.

I like Xanadu also, I didn't realise that these had been released on Blu-ray.

I am surprised at the Green Slime too.

If this was years ago, it wouldn't really be a surprise. But what makes it more of an unexpected surprise is that these releases are coming at a time when the general public is moving away from physical media.

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Without Warning.

19. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

The Green Slime is worthy - it's Kinji Fukasaku after all and it's a very entertaining SciFi romp. There is a ton of exploitation stuff being released but a lot of it is god awful and I wish some of these specialty houses were a bit more discerning. You really have to be careful, but I guess you have to accept the wheat with the chaff. I do appreciate the effort Arrow, Indicator and others put into some of these editions though. I just got the Al Adamson set from Severin and it's arguable if we even need an Al Adamson box set, but they really did a tremendous job with it. All in all, it's a pretty great time to be a movie fan.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Senior Member

I've always liked this movie - I thought it was pretty good for a made for TV movie. I used to occasionally catch it on cable back in the 70's but I haven't seen it on TV in many years.

21. SandAndGlass

The Green Slime is indeed worthy!

I had the perfect experience seeing it in a theater.

I must have been around 15 at the time and my friend and I were with my father at a fishing camp at lake Okeechobee, where we had a small trailer and our 16' bass boat.

It was Saturday night and not much to do. My father took and dropped us off in town at the theater.

Florida was quite a bit less densely populated back then and the rural towns were quite rural. We were in a town called Clewiston, which fit this description perfectly.

The theater was an older theater and Slime was the only movie playing, in the only theater in town.

Between the town, the theater and Slime, it was a surrealistic experience, like a movie within a movie. You kind of expected the Slime to come oozing out of the movie screen, into the theater, where patrons panic and run for the doors, with the Slime close at their heels... A classic sci-fi experience.

22. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

[​IMG]

Last House On A Dead End Street - filmed in Oneonta, NY!

Not really, but it would be cool.

23. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Batman TV Series

So many legal challenges and yet it showed up looking pristine:

[​IMG]

Ooops! Not a movie, if the OP wanted movies only.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Pizza and SandAndGlass like this.
  24. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

According to the review on blu-ray.com, the Nirvana disc has sync issues.

25. The Pinhead

I was reluctant to buy it because of that, but found no such problems upon actual viewing it (not noticeable at least; if there were any at some points of the disc, I was so wowed by the the gig I simply forgot to look out for the issues) These kind of issues are not a deal-breaker to me anyway; the sound on this BD is simply unbelievably good. When I can play something totally flat through my mains, not even having to turn on the sub, and everything is audible and clear in the mix......wow !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.