Movies you watched at too young of an age

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Houseplants, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Sprague Dawley

Sprague Dawley Forum Resident

Yeah me too, I somehow ended up in a movie theatre and saw that when I was 7. Jesus. Just how. I totally believed all that 666 number on the scalp thing. Little Damo scared the shiiiiiiiiit out of me

Dudley Morris likes this.
  2. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

I saw A Clockwork Orange when I was 11.

Ghostworld likes this.
  3. Phil12

Phil12 Radiant Radish

I saw The Omen when I was 25... and it still scares the **** out of me. Last night it was on the BBC.
    "When the Jews return to Zion and a comet rips the sky and the Holy Roman Empire rises,
    then you and I must die; from the eternal sea he rises, creating armies on either shore,
    turning man against his brother, 'til man exists no more"... Still bone-chilling.

Surprises me that it got such a bad rap.
    Richard Eder of The New York Times called it "a dreadfully silly film" but "reasonably well-paced.
    We don't have time to brood about the sillinesses of any particular scene before we are on to the next.
    There is not a great deal of excitement, but we manage to sustain some curiosity as to how things will work out."

Gene Shalit called the film "a piece of junk", and Judith Crist said it "offers more laughs than the average comedy."
    Jack Kroll of Newsweek called it "a dumb and largely dull movie."

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I watched 2001 when I was 10 and I was too young

5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

And today we call it a horror classic

Phil12 likes this.
  6. pez

pez Forum Resident

Robocop at my friends 11th birthday party. My parents went ballistic when I got home and told them!!!

7. Phil12

Phil12 Radiant Radish

8. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Jaws. I saw it at the theater when I was 7 years old. Also, when I was around ten my parents let me watch One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. My mom told "you can watch this but I better not hear one cuss word out of your mouth." Always thought that was cool of them to do.

9. ognirats

ognirats haruhist

2001 a space odyssey. it was too much disturbing for 10 year old me

10. Phil12

Phil12 Radiant Radish

Damien (from The Omen) 46 years later.
    British actor Harvey Spencer Stephens.

11. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Star Wars 1977. I was 7. I didn’t understand what was going on.

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Really? Seems like a movie that'd make sense to a little kid. :shrug:

Keith V likes this.
  13. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

My attention span wasn’t what it is now

14. nutsfortubes

nutsfortubes They tried to kill us, and we won!

Easy Rider

Nightfly68 likes this.
  15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Perhaps, but "Star Wars" wasn't an especially complicated story.

Just doesn't seem like something that'd perplex a kid. :shrug:

Keith V likes this.
  16. tonyballz

tonyballz Roogalator

My parents got divorced in 1978 when I was ten years old. My dad decided to be my best friend and started taking me to R-rated movies. We saw Animal House which was the first time I had ever seen boobs in a film (thanks dad). Then he took me to Apocalypse Now which blew my little pea-brain. I didn't understand all of it but I remember being kind of freaked out over Marlon Brando's giant sweaty bald head.

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

when I was at a young age movies were nowhere near as brutal as today...I'd say none...: )

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

so sad and true...very disturbing to say the least...I could see this being an age related watch...

19. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Insignificance.

20. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

Salo didn't go over well at a friends 10th birthday party

Stencil, Jazzmonkie and Bruce Racket like this.
  21. GreggF

GreggF Forum Resident

One in the Pink and One in the Stink

22. KISS meets the phantom of the park

I actually thought it was entertaining

23. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

I never got the opportunity to be messed up by a film too advanced for me. :laugh:

My parents were church goers. Although they weren't super religious, they were still pretty strict about the movies they'd let us see. G or PG, fine. When PG-13 came out, they would pre-screen some of those if they looked risque.
    It was a rare treat when they'd actually let us watch an R rated movie. That was usually with movies that were barely worth the R rating. I can't remember any examples anymore.

24. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

Night of the Living Dead. Home alone at 13 on Halloween. A special edition of Creature Features with host Bob Wilkins, who rolled the uncensored version. A very windy evening and I could hear tree branches whipping against the side of the house. My best friend was home alone also. We called each other at every commercial break. The scene with the girl in the basement is still one of the scariest scenes of anything I've ever seen. I was pretty scared.

25. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

My parents took me to Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte - a Bette Davis / Joan Crawford movie where one drove the other crazy - when I was 4. To be honest, they weren't bringing me intentionally to see two movie legends, they wanted to go and my sisters weren't old enough to babysit. Nightmares for months.