Moving vinyl and components overseas

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Brian Gupton, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Get a local girlfriend. Colombian girls are pretty and they're eager to date americans and believe me, there's no better way to learn a language. Total immersion:o:laugh:

2. JMT

JMT Senior Member

Brian, being a fellow Northern Californian who owns his own home about 100 miles east of you, let me know if I could be of any help.

The Pinhead likes this.
  3. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

I'd just like to add further emphasis to this statement FWIW.

bajaed and The Pinhead like this.
  4. Brain - You're still going to be posting here from time to time? Really enjoyed your posts.

Tony-A and FashionBoy like this.
  5. eirismania

eirismania Forum Resident

I'm from South America. I highly recommend you get a local (a friend or even hire somebody) to help you with this as customs can be tricky depending on your luck. If you arrive with thousands of records and expensive equipment, having to bribe somebody is not uncommon to get things "moving". They might want to charge you a heavy import tax or even retain all your stuff indefinitely, and you don't want that. This is just how things are. Of course you could be lucky and have zero problems but if you do end up with somebody a bit dodgy, then the help of somebody local who speaks "their language" will be invaluable. Good luck!

Brian Gupton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.