Music Direct 2019 catalog

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by seaisletim, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Finally seeing some 'coming soon' updates from Mofi in the Music Direct email today.

https://www.musicdirect.com/Search?...SC&page=1&pagesize=24&c1=tab-products&c2=grid

LMF482 Grateful Dead - From The Mars Hotel
    LMF483 Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah
    LMF368 Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

George P and Ed Hughes like this.
  2. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Dead-Mars Hotel on SACD! I’m all over it! Yeah!!!

3. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Wish we could get more Curtis Mayfield titles on SACD like Curtis or Roots

4. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

5. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Iron Butterfly's cat# 2118 replaces the canceled Rickie Lee Lee Jones ST album.

By the way.... three new releases in 2019 proibably means NO Dire Straits in 2019.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  6. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I am guessing early 2020 for Dire Straits.

Say It Right likes this.
  7. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

importcds.com now show release date as 10/18/2019....I believe the release date was previously closer to end of year.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  8. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Right, and they moved 45rpm LPs to Nov. 1. Where they are getting these dates. ..

9. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

I am trying resolutely not to get excited about any new MFSL Dire Straits titles until we see an actual mofi.com announcement or a music direct listing. But... do I recall that music direct sometimes sells these things for a couple weeks before the other retailers get ahold of them? Or am I generating some kind of hallucinatory wishful anticipation? (because, yes, that's exactly the kind of thing I would hallucinate about...)

10. George P

George P Notable Member

That is correct.

Dan Steele and Rob Hughes like this.
  11. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Possible conclusion: if importcds has good reason to expect the new discs on October 18th, we might keep a more-vigilant-than-usual eye on mofi and music direct in the first half of October. That's an if, of course...

12. tomd

tomd Senior Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but MOFI cs emailed me back today-the Dead. Mars title won’t see release till the end of NEXT year.

Rob Hughes likes this.
  13. George P

George P Notable Member

I imagine there are many possible conclusions, but based on past events, that one seems highly unlikely. Importcds gets MFSL releases much later than a week or so after release by Music Direct.

I know everyone, myself included, is quite anxious to get some new MFSL SACDs, especially with AF now gone and the all the delays on the Hendrix Experienced SACD for AP, but with MFSL all we know is that they do not announce release dates in advance. My guess is they don't want to make promises that they can't keep.

All we do know is that they have announced a number of SACDs that they have in the pipeline. These titles were listed earlier in the thread, but again, we don't know when any of it will be released. MFSL does not tell us. I have even tried calling Music Direct on the phone and they still don't reveal anything that isn't on their website. We simply don't know when they will release a given title and they even have been know to announce and release a title on the same day! I am speaking of Mingus's Ah Um on MFSL SACD here.

So, as I have said many times, I don't pay any attention to dates that amazon, importcds, Barnes and Noble, etc posts because those dates have never turned out to be anything meaningful. I only pay attention to Music Direct's site to see if something has been released. Usually, the first notification I get is people here posting that they get shipping notices for pre-orders. Invariably, at this point, when I go to Music Direct, the title is then in stock and shipping.

Luckily, this is a big forum and I have a lot of music to listen to, so I try to focus on other things rather than on the upcoming releases that I am excited to get.

14. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

As of this post....

• Elusive Disc has pushed the 4 Dire Straits MoFi SACDs to the top of its upcoming SACD list, with no release dates
    • importcds.com still show 10/18/2019 as release dates for the 4 Dire Straits MoFi SACDs
    • Music Direct still has "TBA" for the 4 MoFi Dire Straits SACDs

Rob Hughes likes this.
  15. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

There is hope after approx 785 days, but who’s counting! Just opened my MD catalogue and it says “finally shipping”

[​IMG]

16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Maybe next week?

Mr. Explorer and Dan Steele like this.
  17. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I hope they complete their releases. It is scary to think what may be in the next catalog ... With the way the studios are going we may get hardly anything next year :(

18. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

I have just emptied my wallet and ordered all four sacds for Christmas. Seems longer than since they were announced.

Dan Steele likes this.
  19. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

20. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Is that the 2020 annual catalog? If so, i need to get one.

21. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

It was more of a mailer, thin 14 or so pages listing some speaker deals, demo or close out equipment for sale and a few pages of music LPs and CDs

DeRosa likes this.
  22. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Just received email from Elusive Disc.....MoFi Dire Straits LPs and SACDs "Coming Soon". Still no specific release date, but the fact that they are promoting these Dire Straits releases mean it's imminent.

Dan Steele likes this.
  23. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

Anyone know what the record for “tba”? These DS titles must be close

24. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Their website says Oct 18th

soundboy likes this.
  25. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Just saw that. Thanks.

Thread Status: