Music Direct music blowout sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by cdash99, May 21, 2023.

1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. rhamilto

rhamilto Active Member

It appears some of the titles listed in the "close out music sale" aren't actually on sale. The Neil Young Royce Hall LP for instance appears to be full price. I sent a simple inquiry on the 20th to ask, got a "we'll get back to you" and never received a response. It seems slightly misleading to use the image of said LP to advertise a sale when the item is in fact not discounted in any way. :shrug:

https://link.musicdirect.com/u/gm.p...f80012d46a5132eff00d8e24885138537296050908132

3. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Are there any working coupons for Music Direct at the moment?

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

No.

bmusic likes this.
  5. Music Direct is offering an extra 15% off closeout music with NCM15. There are some Tone Poets and box sets included (Harvest 50th and Madman Across the Water were both there)

The Beatles - Let It Be: Special Edition: Super Deluxe (180g Vinyl 4LP + 12" EP + Book Box Set) marked down from $199 to $119 + extra 15% makes it just over $100 plus tax w/free shipping

6. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

7. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

Music Direct has a 1 day additional 20% off on over 500 close out titles using code CMS20.

Here are the titles

A lot of great Blue Note reissues to be had, though those are on sale everywhere. Lots of vinyl, but also some SACDs.

I just picked up:

Alice Coltrane - Kirtan: Turiya Sings (Vinyl 2LP) $15.99

Anja Lechner, Francois Couturier - Lontano (Vinyl LP) $14.39

Brahms - The Cello Sonatas - Rostropovich - Serkin (180g Import Vinyl LP) $23.99

Joe Henderson - Inner Urge: Blue Note Classic Vinyl (180g Vinyl LP) $15.99

The Replacements - Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash: Deluxe Ed. (Vinyl LP + 4CD) $23.99

8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Tempted by those two Grateful Dead SACDs even though I already have the DVD-As

Sedwards likes this.
  9. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

Thank you! Snagged Neil with Molina Talbot, Nick Cave and replacements

Sedwards likes this.
  10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

And I did buy the two Grateful Dead’s after finding some comparisons to the DVDA’s that make me think I need/want the SACDs

Sedwards likes this.
  11. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

Yeah, you need the SACDs. The DVDA's are important to have, as they have some entirely different mixes of the songs, with major differences in the instrumentation and arrangements, and many of the new arrangements are just as interesting as the originals! But the SACDs are just really nice masterings of the original mixes, and in high definition. There are other excellent remasters of the original mixes out there (David Glasser's come to mind) and of course clean copies of the original LPs sound pretty darn good too, but the SACDs also have excellent sound.

12. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Music Direct has the lowest audiophile free shipping ($49.99)

They currently have the AP Genesis Selling England in Stock at $35; & they are running a 20% off clearance sale with code FCMS20.

To get the free ship, I added J Geils MFSL SACD The Morning After SACD for $16.

They also have the AP Steely Dan Pretzel Logic SACD in stock at $35. which I already bought from AP & paid a ton of shpping + sales tax on).

This is THE please to get AP new release SACD's at this moment.

AFAIK, all the audiophile stores are now charging sales tax. Elusive was lhe last hold out.

With postage prices going up every 2 weeks, I don't know how long MD will be able to keep the $49.99 minimum. Postage is supposed to increase again next week.

Music - Optical Disc - Page 1 - Music Direct

Mike6565, Rekkerds and caleb1138 like this.
  13. moomoomoomoo

The early dvd-a's from most labels left a bit to be desired imo.

14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

In what way(s) did early ones from most labels leave a bit to be desired any more (or less, for that matter) than later ones? Or other formats?

15. moomoomoomoo

Sound quality. Especially with the Warner Brothers stuff, compare the early dvd-a's with later 192/24 downloads. Neil Young Harvest is a great example.

16. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Not sure I agree, but then again, I generally got them for the surround mixes.

Regardless there were lots of subpar stereo layers on SACDs. And early hirez from cutting masters. I think painting in broad strokes about early DVD-A’s might be an overstatement.

cdash99 likes this.
  17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Let's go further: Early CDs weren't all bad. Remaster CDs certainly aren't all good.

Good master source + good mastering choices is far more important than CD/SACD/DVD-A/BluSpec/BluRay.

18. moomoomoomoo

I wasn't saying that dvd-a is a bad format. I was saying that the mastering sucked on the early rock dvda-s, imo..

19. coepc

coepc Forum Resident

I successfully used the code CAPS15 a few days ago for 15% off (titles that qualify for discounts that is).
    I picked up SACDs of Bob Dylan Freewheelin' Mono and Keb Mo S/T.

razerx and vinylvin like this.
  20. moomoomoomoo

I used it on the J Geils SACD, which was the only eligible title that interested me.

21. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I just used this code for a decent sized order .
    The discount applied to Everything.
    Including titles that say “Not Eligible For Further Discount” and items already discounted.
    For example, I ended up paying $16.99 for The Young Rascals SACD.

22. coepc

coepc Forum Resident

Good to know!

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  23. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

I just tested that code (CAPS15) on a MoFi LP and it worked, although I didn't check out. Does anyone know what the occasion for the code is, or whether it will expire?

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  24. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i heard it expires 3/11, but dont email MD about it and ruin it…

25. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

No kidding, I rushed my order just in case it’s a mistake waiting to be discovered

moomoomoomoo likes this.