Music DVD Want List

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by eelkiller, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed Thread Starter

I was going over my collection of Music Concerts + Video collections on VHS and there are still many I wish would come out on DVD. A few of them I want are:

Peter Gabriel - POV
    Pete Townshend - Deep End
    Dire Straits - Alchemy

What are your wishes for music DVD?

SinnerSaint likes this.
  2. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Pioneer Artists laserdisc versions (but on dvd) of Roxette Videos and John Cougar Ain't That America and any Dire Straits dvd that contains "Money For Nothing". Also have a 8" LD by The Motels that I would like to have on dvd.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...Aimee Mann, finally happening!...looks like Nov. 2004:)

4. eelkiller

Is it a Concert DVD? Please?? :)

5. Furious Rose

Furious Rose New Member

A complete Morrissey video collection on one DVD. They're releasing "Hulmerist" and "Malady Lingers On" seperately and together they're still only half the videos.

Erin

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Rolling Stones: Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones and updated versions of 25 X 5 and Video Rewind.

7. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

I want those two, and the original 11 song Duran Duran video album that was released in 1983. Still have my laserdisc of it, and unfortunately it's beginning to deteriorate due to laser rot. :(

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Boy, wouldn't those three Stones videos be nice to see on DVD.....

9. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Is there something on the 11 song collection that's not on the 2 disk dvd ?

10. eelkiller

I must add Tom Petty - Pack Up The Plantation

11. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

The Police, Synchronicity concert. (Unless it's out and I missed it.) There was also a Prince concert video that came out after "Around The World In A Day", I think...or was it after "Purple Rain"?

12. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

First videos already released on VHS

1) U2- The complete Red Rocks show
    The Zoo TV concert
    POPMart Concert....They all must be in 5:1
    Best of 1979-89 Video collection

2) The Police- Outlandos to Synchronicity the best of live.
    what a great tape I can't friggin find it, think someone clipped it on me

can't think of any more right now, I will add later

13. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I would like to see Ringo Starr and His Fourth All Starr Band. It featured Peter Frampton, Jack Bruce, Simon Kirke and Gary Brooker. What a band and what a show!!! I'm glad my VHS still is in great condition.

14. vintageonevinyl

vintageonevinyl Forum Resident

Sunshine Daydream = The Grateful Dead.

15. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

- The U2 and Stones titles already mentioned
    - R.E.M. - Succumbs
    - 10,000 Maniacs - Unplugged
    - The Beatles - Compleat Beatles
    - Various - Ready, Steady, Go!
    - The Band - The Band Is Back

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No, you didn't. It'd be a good one to get.

Yes and yes. (Anything that came out after "Day" also came out after "Rain":D)

You're thinking of the simply titled Prince and the Revolution "Live". It was shot in Syracuse in March 1985 - end of the "Rain" tour and about a week before the release of "Day". The video came out in August 1985 IIRC.

The best Prince to get on DVD? "Sign O the Times", though I'd also kill for the "Lovesexy" show that aired on European TV. I THINK there was a Japanese LD of the latter but I never actually saw it. Heck, I'd kill for THAT - anything to allow me to retire my lousy bootleg videotape!

17. vintageonevinyl

vintageonevinyl Forum Resident

The Beatles - Let It Be

18. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

The aforementioned U2 concerts & some form of "Best of 80-90;" REM's Succumbs; Rosanne Cash/Interiors Live; Richard Thompson/Across A Crowded Room; Peter Gabriel/POV & Tears For Fears/Going To California.

Would like to see Midnight Oil's Black Rain Falls and Supertramp's Brother Where You Bound, but that seems unlikely since some selections from each of these videos have been released on 20,000 Watt RSL and The Story So Far, respectively. Unfortunately the Brother Where You Bound short film is the one that's MIA.

19. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Yep. The videos for "My Own Way", "Careless Memories", "Lonely In Your Nightmare", and "Nightboat" are not on the Duran Duran Greatest DVD. Plus I really like the way they were sequenced on the LD. The new DVD is nice since it has all of the hits and has some pretty cool stuff in the way of easter eggs hidden on the discs.

SinnerSaint likes this.
  20. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

Rolling Stones on Ed Sullivan

The Johnny Cash Show (don't tell me about licensing the music problems-if they can clear it for the Flip Wilson Show or the Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour-then they can do it for the MAN IN BLACK)

The Beatles at Shae Stadium- in fact-I bet they might could make an IMAX out of this-just imagine

All Beatle/Stones/Who 60's promos

Musical acts on the Smothers Brothers Show-Who, Simon-Garfunkel, Buffalo Springfield

Rockshow-Wings with remastered video/audio and bonus features with commentary by Sir Paul himself (you may say I'm a dreamer)

Both John Lennon "One-to-One" concerts in NYC

Ready Steady Go episodes

Shindig-in COLOR-if any exist-which some probably do

21. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

"A.R.M.S. Benefit Concert". I dubbed a copy years ago from a Beta store rental onto another Beta, then from Beta to VHS. What a great show, and not a lot of folks know about it. It was a benefit tour, and the two shows at the Albert Hall were used to make this 2 part video, featuring Clapton, Beck & Page, Winwood and many more to help fund research for MS, Ronnie Lane, the host, was at the time undergoing expensive hyberbaric treatment for MS and wanted to help raise funds to make them more accessible to sufferers of MS. Anyways, this would be wonderful on DVD. Also, "The Concert For Bangladesh" would be great.

22. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

the Crowded House farewell concert at Sydney Opera House
    Bruce Springsteen plugged (I know it's not the best Bruce concert, but it's Bruce)

23. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

I have a real nice quality bootleg of their appearances on Ed Sullivan from 1964-69. Even has an alternate take of the Jumpin' Jack Flash video where they're playing and singing live rather than lip syncing.

24. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

1.Everything Beatlematt listed.
    2.The Knack At Carnegie Hall-it was on Laserdisc...

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

YES!!!!...just recorded in NY...I'm waiting patiently for November!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.