Music Hall Connect Phono Cable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by This Heat, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

That's because Music Hall doesn't make anything. All their wares are made by a third party and MH is a glorified marketing company. They don't know the specs of their own product? What drugs are they on? I guess they are lazy also because they can't take a few minutes to measure it with a $40 meter. I'm guessing the company doesn't have one of those either. I wouldn't give this company a cent of my money, honestly.

deniall83 likes this.
  2. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Your disdain for Music Hall is your right, but your statement is unfair. Roy has specs for his product listed on his site. It's not all inclusive as you implied. The cable is the only product he doesn't have a listing.

bajaed likes this.
  3. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Clearly you did not read previous posts....You would read that even WireWorld on their tonearm cables do not post that spec on the website, so they must be lazy too based on your definition. And since their tonearm cables are high cap you could not pay me to use their cables. You do realize that cable companies are only "assemblers" of cables, they do not make or mfg the wire, it is all bought from wire suppliers, to their specs of course......Just like MH, the tables are made to Roy's specs.

4. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Too lazy or trying to hide something. Pick one. Either way I wouldn't give them a dime. If people want to buy that crap, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

5. deniall83

deniall83 Forum Resident

Been playing around with cables while waiting for my new phono cable to arrive. Had an old Kimber Tonik laying around so I decided to hook it up to my turntable. At 43.9pF/m it seemed like a decent choice. My god the hum was unbearable. It was louder than the music at 10 o'clock on the dial. I switched back to the cheapies that came in the box and the noise floor literally halved. Back in the box they go. Utterly useless as a phono cable probably due to the shielding (or lack thereof).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.