Music Matters Definitive Blue Note 45 RPM and 33 & 1/3 RPM vinyl series (pt7)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Sneezyachew

Sneezyachew Forum Resident

I have it. You won’t be left wanting IMO.

funknik likes this.
  2. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

Yeah that’s crazy

3. KeyRider

KeyRider Well-Known Member

I agree - I have several AP BN 45‘s, my Top 5 would be Blue & Sentimental, Maiden Voyage, Idle Moments, Somethin Else (Stereo), Sidewinder..

funknik, Crazysteve and Sneezyachew like this.
  4. TheoJ

TheoJ Forum Resident

Shoutout to USPS that still made the delivery after a couple weeks of chaos. Combined with the unexpected purchases yesterday, it makes a dozen. Big listening night coming up!

[​IMG]

Dignan2000, IanL, Don P. and 31 others like this.
  5. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

:faint:

Crazysteve likes this.
  6. Pushpaw

Pushpaw Forum Resident

Expecting an order of MM 45 rpm records any day. Decided to take the plunge on one last order. Wish I had pulled the trigger on the SRX titles I wanted when they were available. Art Blakey -Free for All and Night in Tunisia, Lou Donaldson- Blues Walk. Oh well, can’t have everything all the time. Some day in my life I will get the chance to own these titles and...hopefully won’t fail to pull trigger again

Sonny Clark - Sonny's Crib
    Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch
    Larry Young - Unity
    H. Silver - Song For My Father
    Donald Byrd - Byrd In Hand
    Sonny Rollins, Vol. 1

7. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Nice hauls! Those are great orders.

Thanks to that price bump on Matador I decided not to go ahead with the MMJ cart I had built up which saves me over $200 this weekend. Decided to splurge on a nice black Federer tennis bag I've been eyeing - which was on sale - instead. I still have three MMJs on their way to me (Royal Flush, Destination Out, and Whistle Stop). Will also probably jump on the Tone Poet of The Cooker later this month.

Thanks MMJ for making me pause with your pricing games. Save for the last batch of SRXs, it made me realize I'm pretty set.

8. periclimenes

periclimenes Forum Resident

Where did you find a copy of Royal Flush?

9. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Yeah, I am kind of ticked. I had saved up to get the SRX of Speak No Evil and then get Out to Lunch, Evolution and Inner Urge. Because of the delay (not their fault I know) the prices have gone up considerably and now Out to Lunch is gone. Snooze you lose, I guess.

Anyway, I am sure you're all sick of this question, but right now, with what's in stock and isn't insanely priced ($100+), what's essential of the lot? I may just put an order in and try to get the SRX later, which I probably won't. Here's what's in the cart now (trying to keep it under $300):

And I should mention, I only have the MM of Coltrane, Unity, and Go.

Kimiimacman and SJR like this.
  10. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Every one of those is essential, imo.

Kimiimacman, Dr. J. and SJR like this.
  11. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Those are all essential! It doesn't help, I know.

Dr. J. likes this.
  12. Dr. J.

Okay, what are one or two you would add to that list. Thanks!

13. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

You want ideas of more to add to those listed?

14. Dr. J.

Sure. This could be it, right? That's the feeling I'm getting from following this thread.

15. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Ha ha. Well you could simply add any remaining title and everyone would recommend it!

Of what's left over on the site, I'd say True Blue, Cool Struttin', Magnificent Thad Jones, and Night Dreamer.

jgrillo, Sneezyachew and Dr. J. like this.
  16. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

If it were me, Night Dreamer and One Step Beyond. But there are so many excellent choices left. Leapin' and Lopin', Our Man in Paris, Indestructible, Sonny's Crib. I could go on.

Dr. J. likes this.
  17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Id get Solid before Matador. And Cape Verdean I get. I think Evolution will be there. It’s not that popular of a choice. Inner Urge is the best of the Joe Henderson’s imo. The Thad Jones is great also. One of my favorites.

Have you peeked over at the APs on eBay? I think people forget all about those. Some great titles and cheaper. Same great sound.

mikeyt and Cervelo like this.
  18. Sneezyachew

Sneezyachew Forum Resident

I would grab Destination... Out! before it’s gone.

And essential IMO: Evolution, True Blue, Cool Struttin’, Inner Urge.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    NorthNY Mark likes this.
  19. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Discogs

20. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Just waking up after celebrating Grant Green last night, and this awesome picture of these gems just makes me want to head downstairs to my music cave and fire up some more MMJ magic. Nice haul indeed and no doubt much enjoyment awaits! Congrats!

21. timzigs

timzigs Forum Resident

Funny, I spun Green Street last night. Was my first Grant Green record so kinda attached to it, plus I think I just love the space and delicate balance that a trio provides.

NorthNY Mark, SJR and scotti like this.
  22. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Dignan2000, Mazzy and SJR like this.
  23. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Mazzy and scotti like this.
  24. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I absolutely love this record! Just guitar, bass, and drums. This album is an absolute beast! I have the MMJ 33 and it puts a smile on my face every time I listen. And I could sure use a nice smile today, so this one is now on the menu, thank you very much!

SJR, Cervelo, timzigs and 1 other person like this.