Music Matters Definitive Blue Note 45 RPM and 33 & 1/3 RPM vinyl series (pt7)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 13, 2014.

1. magnet

magnet Forum Resident

:eek:

I would spend the 300$ shipping cost buying 9 pure pleasure > strata east records from a european eshop instead.

Just kidding, I know the mmj addiction.:D

scotti likes this.
  2. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Might I say how awesome that order looks! I think I'm starting to break again with no self control over buying records (especially when I see a great looking order like this), but it sure feels wonderful, almost hard to describe it's so cool!

mikemoon, Elofan and Marko K like this.
  3. Gdgray

Gdgray Forum Resident

Thanks for your opinion.
    After couple days of seriously listening to records/CDs of Tom Cat, Evolution and Into Something I placed order. Slow on trigger for Into Something so I bit bullet at $99. You are so right you don’t want to have regret. Thanks again

4. p.analogowy

p.analogowy Forum Resident

My Speak No Evil SRX arrived today, took about 3 weeks to get to Poland from CA.
    I have an early Liberty repress of the original stereo RVG and a King pressing, and the MMJ SRX is simply in a different league. Much more dynamic than any of the other two, perfect tonally. Absolutely fantastic record, and I'm happy to report it arrived flat, centered and quiet.

BTW, Popsike is showing that 3 SRX SNE's already sold on Ebay, all for 360-370 USD.

[​IMG]

Dmann201, RiRiIII, nosliw and 13 others like this.
  5. Jimbo912

Jimbo912 Forum Resident

6. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Newest additions, just arrived —

[​IMG]

Again, purely by coincidence, a similar colour scheme.

7. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I've been doing good over here in regards to MMJ, no order's since that last one. I'm not going to mention that I dropped by Comeback Vinyl this weekend for the first time and somehow I ended up with Chet - Live in Paris Vol. 1, Nina Simone - Emergency Ward, Miles Davis - Sorcerer (Mofi) and E.S.P. (Mofi).

So I've held to my MMJ word but otherwise, I'm falling apart. :laugh:

8. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Glad you made it there. Did they still have MMJs left in stock or were they wiped out?

mikemoon likes this.
  9. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

They had a few: Elvin Jones - Puttin' It Together and Johnny Coles - Little Johnny C, maybe a few more. I recently just ordered those 2 from Elusive Disc. They definitely had the best audiophile section I've seen in Atlanta. Although, I tend to buy those types of titles from Acoustic Sound with 15% off. I like to support local too.

neubian and scotti like this.
  10. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I'm doing the best I have all year cutting back on my spend. In the past two weeks or so all I purchased were some Sam Records titles, the AP Starker box, and the half speed master of "Voodoo Lounge" (which sounds awesome). This week the only titles I am getting (all on vinyl) are the new Pretenders "Hate For Sale", new Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, and The Mike and Mickey Show (okay so I dig The Monkees).

But next week it's back to all Jazz and I am looking forward to whatever orders I can brew up. August is not to far away now and it's going to be brutal. All four Tone Poet's, a couple more MMJ's, and not forgetting RSD 2020 episode 1, new AP titles and who knows what else. It sure is a great time to be a music fan...I think. And then we have awesome forum members like @SJR tempting us with all of the wonderful pics he posts.

Biff Jones, SJR, BreakBeat DJ and 3 others like this.
  11. IanL

IanL Senior Member

You're going to love those Davis Mofi's! The E.S.P., in particular, finds it's way onto my turntable more often than just about any other record these days.

timzigs, SJR, NorthNY Mark and 6 others like this.
  12. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Yes, I'm slowly trying to complete the entire set, almost there. I have a few more to go (Nefertiti and Porgy & Bess - OOS/Backorder) and (Milestones and Four & More - OOP). The latter have been jacked up in price a bit by Music Direct ($50 and $80 respectively) but I've acquired most of them through sales and Bitches Brew through an exchange for Phish Live MSG Box and making a difference $100 in the exchange to offset both "market" values.

13. Sneezyachew

Sneezyachew Forum Resident

Agreed. I figured I would pick up a couple from the second great quintet, but soon realized just how important and addictively listenable these albums are. Especially Filles de Kilimanjaro, which is now top 3 Miles for me.

14. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Come August, I'm back to my old modest budget with a few small exceptions. I have a lot of catching up with this 3 month tear I've been on. I can typically only get in 10 hours of listening a week or at least that is about how it works out.

NorthNY Mark and scotti like this.
  15. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Filles didn't really click with me until I heard the MFSL. And now I agree, top 3 Miles (w/ KoB & BB).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  16. IanL

IanL Senior Member

Nice! I don't care for the orchestral albums (except for Sketches of Spain, which I wish I had bought when it was available - I did get the SACD). I have all the non-orchestral SACDs, and then went about re-buying them all as vinyl as well, although like you, I ran into a few that were OOS by the time I tried. Basically Four and More, 'Round About Midnight, and Sketches of Spain. Got all the others, except Milestones, for which I plan to get the cheaper Kevin Gray version.

Sneezyachew and mikemoon like this.
  17. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

The tracking on mine never updated past LA, but they arrived last week, in Halifax, safe and sound. So there is hope that you'll get yours soon!

I don't know why all the tracking systems and messed up, but I have had several shipments delivered that the Canada Post tracker still thinks are in the system, or being held for pickup. Even for UPS and FedEx, there are often zero updates until the thing shows up at the door! Not terribly confidence-inspiring.

18. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

After August, I will really need to take a break and enjoy what I have been recently getting and have already had and I know this time I will be able to control myself with no temptations. Being retired, I average at least 6 hours per day listening to music if not more on my main system. And I usually walk away still craving for more...

19. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

6-track stereo?

p.analogowy and scotti like this.
  20. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

It's weird I'm not always a completest but with the Miles Mofi vinyl I decided I would try. There are a few artists and bands I am completest with but no jazz artists (that would be daunting for many).

IanL, djost and NorthNY Mark like this.
  21. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Man, I was still purchasing records when MoFi was starting to release the Davis titles (I was mostly focused on the Dylan releases) but picked up Round About Midnight, Bitches Brew, Sketches of Spain, and Kind of Blue when they originally released. Hopping back in the last few months, it’s been a pain to try and grab these. I originally told myself I only needed a few and picked up a couple then a couple weeks later realized I really should grab them all.

Had to pay a premium in the last three months for Four and More ($60 vs the recent price hike to $80), On the Corner ($75, had to in my cart at MD when it was $50, plus the copy I got from eBay had a huge seam split, ugh), and In A Silent Way ($80, which is a steal to what it seems to fetch). Only one I’m missing is Nefertiti and MD and MoFi have told me it’ll get repressed...eventually. The rest I paid retail (with a coupon or two) so I guess I’m not out too much.

The big surprise favorite of mine is also Filles. I find myself listening to it the most apart from In A Silent Way.

IanL, Arknine, mikeyt and 4 others like this.
  22. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

Completing the MoFi Miles and Dylan releases continually pays off and was worth every cent spent.

djost, mikemoon, scotti and 2 others like this.
  23. Sneezyachew

Agreed. Catching up on Dylan as well right now. I have the mono box, so not so worried about some of the earlier releases, but still doubled up with MoFi’s beginning with Highway 61 (except in Stereo :)). Didn’t think I’d bother with New Morning or Oh Mercy but here we are.

We’re pretty lucky to be getting such fantastic sounding definitive Dylan and Miles right now.

24. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

I’ve got all the Dylan’s so far (mono and stereo) and STILL am considering getting the mono box. Am I crazy?

25. Sneezyachew

It’s gone from Amazon. Might be on its way out...