Music Matters Definitive Blue Note 45 RPM and 33 & 1/3 RPM vinyl series (pt7)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 13, 2014.

1. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Nope ;)

2. Joe Harley

Joe Harley Senior Member

100% agree. Don't sleep on the CJ Glass Bead Games reissue. Tip of the hat to those guys!

UchidaT, spacecoyote and wellers73 like this.
  3. Spinning Blue and Sentimental right now. This album is something else. The interplay between Ike and Grant is stunning. And Ike’s playing just melts. Awesome tone. Pure velvet.

4. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I spun the SRX of Solid through my HD-800S headphones tonight. I must say, SRX really shines in headphones much more because the benefits of the 45 format aren't as impactful through headphones but the black background really helps quite a bit. Really fun listen.

5. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

:edthumbs:

:::deep bow:::

razorball and aoxomoxoa like this.
  6. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Maybe that’s why I’m so sold on the SRX formula. I do lots of my listening at night on headphones.

Joti Cover and musictoad like this.
  7. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

I saw this post this morning mentioning the Clifford Jordan LP. I then listened to a few samples online and really liked what I heard. I'm just back from the record shop with a copy and looking forward to playing it this evening. Thanks for tip.

recstar24 likes this.
  8. jphabc54

jphabc54 Forum Resident

Great album and a great pressing, and also a great torture test for your cartridge set-up -- incredibly dynamic.

sunspot likes this.
  9. Yeah this Clifford Jordan is some good stuff. Wow.

sunspot likes this.
  10. Latech

Latech Forum Resident

Okay, I bite the bullet and picked up the Clifford Jordon - Glass Bead Games

sunspot, recstar24 and Johan1880 like this.
  11. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Speaking of cliff Jordan - grab the MM cliff craft! It’s a killer set, recently reduced to 39.95

jphabc54 likes this.
  12. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

Incredible album. Really enjoyed it and it will be staying out for a while for repeat listens. Superb pressing.

13. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

I took the Clifford Jordan recommendation and ordered it on Amazon. At least I think I did since there was no picture of the album but was the same price as other online retailers.

The mention of this album made me think, is there a dedicated thread to jazz vinyl recommendations? I know we have the MMJ, Tone Poet, Blue Note 80th threads but there should be one place to find recommendarions for all recent (past ten years) of well done jazz reissues. Is that something people would want to check out?

sunspot and Twinsfan007 like this.
  14. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

The cliff Jordan glass bead games yall are referring to is the pure pleasure one that is around $50, yes?

15. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

Blue Train SRX is sold out, I hope they print more copies soon.

Any chance that they print again the 1st 33's but this time on SRX? you know Cannonball Adderley, Art Blakey - Moanin' ... etc?

Clucking likes this.
  16. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Why was it $75? Was that always the price?

17. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

That was the last listed price for the non srx version before being converted into the srx.

18. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

this company start with $39 for each MM 33's, now jumps to $59 for SRX and $75 for Blue Train, what's next $100, $125 like Mofis One Step/AP? :thumbsdow:shrug:

19. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

The Clifford Jordon Glass Bead Games is a wonderful surprise.

Pure Pleasure did a great job.

I will have to check out their other reissues.

20. spacecoyote

spacecoyote Astral Resident

Tina Brooks “True Blue”

Though I’m sure it’s already been recommended earlier in the thread, here is a fresh endorsement.

True Blue is instantly memorable. Haunting, and cool.

Get this title.

G E, jgrillo, NorthNY Mark and 10 others like this.
  21. UchidaT

UchidaT Forum Resident

Last week, I stumbled across a 2019 japanese reissue of Clifford Jordan in the World by a label called P-Vine. The music is fantastic and quite hard to come by but, being a JP import, the price of the reissue was a little bit steep so I didn't take the plunge. Does anyone know anything about it? Should I run back to the store and buy it? Should I weep if it's already been sold?

As for the Pure Pleasure reissue of Glass Bead Games, it is indeed great. I kindly asked them on social media if it was cut from tape and, even though they are quite active and answer most comments, they left mine unanswered, so I would assume it is digital. However, it's still worth every cent!!

22. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Clifford Jordan post-bop setting from Strata-East. I'd say go back and get it if it within reasonable range of what an import typically is where you're at.

UchidaT likes this.
  23. Yeah I was involved in an earlier discussion here about their stock market commodity style pricing. Prices increase as stock gets limited.

I don’t like it but many here seem to be fine with it.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  24. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

It's been the subject of acrimonious debate in this thread for years.

Mazzy likes this.
  25. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Exactly. It is what it is. I’m not thrilled with it but MM put the work and effort in, so I’d rather pay them more for a title as they run out vs eBay prospectors.

Carter DeVries, mikeyt and Mazzy like this.