Music Matters Definitive Blue Note 45 RPM and 33 & 1/3 RPM vinyl series

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

Machine stamped "RVG"

hvbias likes this.
  2. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

Up until '57

kt66brooklyn and crispi like this.
  3. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

Thanks guys. Obviously, I have none of these as originals. :shrug:

4. uncleroy

uncleroy Forum Resident

Who is the courier for the MM releases? With the horizontal rain over the next 48 I will know whereabouts of its arrival. Thanks..

5. antielectrons

antielectrons Well-Known Member

Hi, according to Cohen, Blue Train 1577 should have RVG stamped in the deadwax, which is what my copy has. The very earliest copies have NY23 W63 on one side and W63 on the other side labels (but not both) indicating a 1957 pressing when the LP was released. My copy has W63i on both labels which puts it around 1959, so a second pressing or there abouts of the original mix.

I noticed last night that the MM release has taken the colour scheme from the 1959 mono release and not the earlier 1957 first pressing for the cover artwork (green title case is different shade of green/yellow, etc.), and image of John Coltrane appears a lot lighter on the cover than on either release. Looks very nice though and photos inside are prefect.

HTH

kt66brooklyn and hvbias like this.
  6. GreatTone

GreatTone Forum Resident

It's so much better than the fuzzy facsimile cover that came in my Classic 45 rpm box, it's not funny.

kt66brooklyn likes this.
  7. kdl6769

kdl6769 Forum Resident

I have the Classic Records 33rpm of Midnight Blue (Kenny Burrell). It sounds great to my ears. Has anyone compared the new MM release?

kt66brooklyn likes this.
  8. antielectrons

The MM version hasnt been released yet.

9. Jim in Houston

Jim in Houston The Godfather of Alt-Country & Punk

I'm concerned I did something wrong when I subscribed. my order says "back ordered" and (select shipping method). I know Elusive Disc said they were shipping on the 7th but I want to get my ducks in a row. Anybody else show this same status?

10. GreatTone

GreatTone Forum Resident

I'd just call them. They'll sort it out.

11. Jim in Houston

Yep, I emailed them first but I'll call'em if they don't respond before 4:00.

12. Topanga

Topanga New Member

Dear Jim in Houston, we just received the first two MM BN 33s today...In spite of Winter Storm Nika which also knocked out our T1 and Cable Modem Internet connections...
    We recently got some internet connectivity back and we are processing all subscriptions and individual orders as fast as possible...I know y'all are dying to get these and rightfully so, as they look as good as they sound...I saw pre production jacket samples but the finished product is ...wow!...Worth the wait!!!
    Thanks for ordering from Elusive...we know you have a choice.

RiRiIII likes this.
  13. Jim in Houston

They responded right away and said they just got them in and they will go out today or tomorrow! I have these on SACD from the AP series but no vinyl, I personally don't buy 45 rpm discs because, for me, the cost/convenience factor vs. sound quality jumps the shark at that point. I've been hoping for some great 33.3's and it sounds like they're here!

14. Jim in Houston

thanks Bob, you snuck in just before I hit "post".

15. Topanga

Topanga New Member

Jim, also the order status on our website gets updated twice a day. Once in the morning at 9am EST and once in the evening at 6-7pm EST.
    Your online acct should reflect your subscription and first to titles as beingh in stock at the minimum and possible in some stage of shipping.

16. Topanga

Topanga New Member

Glad to know my folks got your email answered quickly...glad our internet is back up and hope spring gets here soon!!!!

17. antielectrons

Much as I like the 33 RPMs I am still on the fence as to whether they sound better or worse than the 45s.

18. Jim in Houston

Picked - ready to pack!

19. Gronk

Gronk New Member

Were these MM remasters backed up to DSD?

20. Michel Jazz

Michel Jazz Forum Resident

Today the postman visted our house with the Musicmatters-package.
    Only.... I was not @ home, so I can collect it tommorow evening.
    Mhhh wondering how they gonna sound. The latest six 45rpm's & the new 2 33rpm's. A lot of fun in the pipeline...

JMCIII likes this.
  21. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

Highly interested in your feedback on both 33s and last 6 45s

22. Michel Jazz

Michel Jazz Forum Resident

I'm sure I will be happy with my newest 8 albums but I'm really looking forward to the 33rpm's, let's see how close they are to the 45rpm's....
    Yesterday I bought a pair of B&W DM330i for my separate listening room that I'm going to build in the summer. I heard a DM309, DM603 & a pair of Infinty's. The 330i definitely stood out of the bunch so I bought that. When I got home I placed them next to my B&W 804 Nautilus. Oh boy, actually I needed a few seconds but I was happy that the 804 really jumped out... there is still a huge difference between speakers.
    So I'm also wondering if the 33rpm really could beat the 45rpm.... it's going to be a hard game, but with a lot of fun !

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  23. antielectrons

For me the 45s still have the advantage. Will be interesting to compare SoulStation 45 vs 33 when it is released.

24. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

Today arrived the big box! I have just received the 2 new 33s + 16 45s.
    Now washing records. Tomorrow I will be able to post my feedback on the 33s ones.

chris8519 likes this.
  25. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'm more than happy with my 45 rpm AP Blue Train but I've ordered the 33 to have a mono version plus the other records that I have that were mastered by Kevin at Cohearent Audio are exceptional. I have the 45 of Midnight Blue and will probably stick with that for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.