Music on CD (Dutch Record Label) Opinions?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Mar 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident Thread Starter

Can anyone give me any insight into "Music on CD" as a label? Are they silver pressed CD's? Do they remaster, and if so, how are the results?

They have some titles I'd be tempted try to see if they offer improvements over current versions I have - but too many to waste money on without some more info.

Any background or experiences?

Music On CD

Dodoz likes this.
  2. gazatthebop

gazatthebop Forum Resident

yes silver.

Dodoz and Vaughan like this.
  3. strippies

strippies Forum Resident

The Walker Brothers - Nite Flights: same digital master as the old Columbia Rewind cd.

Vaughan likes this.
  4. Mik

Mik Forum Resident

These are pressed cds, with no new mastering. The sleeves and the cd face are just the same as the original releases (adding the “Music on cd” logo).
    Sometimes they issue the previously remastered edition, if available.
    If you don’t have any of the titles, go for them, but if you expect new masterings, don’t buy them again.

Dodoz and Vaughan like this.
  5. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

6. moops

moops Senior Member

Yeah, they're fine. It's just like the "Music On Vinyl" reissues.

I've bought the Gene Clark and Swervedriver discs and other than some updated packaging ( clear disc trays ) they're identical to the original releases. And the quality of everything, discs, artwork, paper stock is first class.

I think the Swervedriver discs are the remasters though.

I bought Gene Clark's Echoes and Roadmaster just out of curiosity and they have Sony and Universal plastered all over them.

They must license them direct from the majors.

From my experience with them, buy with confidence.

:wave:

Vaughan likes this.
  7. FireBrigade

FireBrigade Forum Resident

The only release on this label I have is the 'Surrender To The Rhythm' compilation of Brinsley Schwarz from 2018 - an exact reissue of the 1991 release, and while I don't own the original to compare, it definitely seems like it's identical mastering just reissued - it still retains all of the 1991 notations (like the use of No-Noise), the only main difference is the face of the disc itself really. The only thing I thought of particular interest (which is why I'm adding a comment) is that they did alter the cover artwork - as the original was in 1991, the cover art (as part of the design) mentions 'EMI Records Ltd.' but on this they've actually changed it, re-doing the entire body of text on the cover in similar (but not identical) fonts - only changing the EMI part which naturally now says 'Parlophone Records'. I think the different fonts actually makes the cover art a bit more sleek visually, but I do wonder if they changed technicalities like this on one release if any other releases on this label were subject to similar altering...!

Vaughan likes this.
  8. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

great reissue label, imho

9. DVDRowe

DVDRowe Forum Resident

I picked up the classic account of Brahms' Serenades by Haitink and the Royal Concertgebouw. Sounds as glorious as I remembered and on a press disk. Very happy and the price was right with the full original notes in multiple languages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.