DCC Archive musicspace.com sells razor&tie CD's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyK, Oct 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyK

JohnnyK Senior Member Thread Starter

I just ordered the Beach Boys 40 Greatest Hits from musicspace.com. You can watch the TV commercial also. I could not confirm that the CD is by Razor & Tie, but I assume that it is. Maybe Steve can visit musicspace.com and verify that the CD looks like the right one.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

YES, THAT IS THE ONE.

I have no idea of course if they are still using the master tapes I sent them....

3. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Possible, but why on earth would they bother using any different tapes when they have the ones you did at their disposal?

Plus, that would be pretty poor on their part if they *did* change tapes, since your name is in the credits for mastering...

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

All true, Luke.

I didn't make myself understood very well. The tapes I sent them were used in the making of the discs, no question. If they changed pressing plants, or started using more than one plant, a COPY would have been made. Since I have no control over that, I can't say what it sounds like now. Probably FINE!

But, since I didn't want to start another Buddy Holly analog vs. digital type of deal, I just wanted to mention it up front.

5. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Ahh...ok. Probably not a whole lot to worry about, then (unless they used a cassette master for CD!).

BTW, a fellow member has graciously volunteered to send me a copy of the "good" Buddy disc. Hopefully we can get this all sorted out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.