Muzishare X7 - an affordable hand-wired KT88 integrated made at the Line Magnetic factory

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by action pact, Dec 10, 2020.

1. gareth davies

gareth davies New Member

Hi
    A good few hours more and it has improved markedly, Im really surprised i have been serial buyer swapper of HI Fi for many years and never heard a piece of equipment change like this. I have always though running in an amp to be a bit of a myth but this has completely changed my thoughts on this

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Well-Known Member

Mine changed for better after around 100 hours. I have Klipsch hereseys speakers and they were never better. I did change out the preamp tube to a jj and got even more bass response. It still takes around an hour to open up though.
    I find myself opting for better recordings when playing lps or cds, though a rough oldie still gets played occasionally.:cool:

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Well-Known Member

Did the Kt88s help? Considering them myself.

4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore Thread Starter

I think they made an improvement, but not nearly as much as upgrading the 12au7/12ax7 tubes.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  5. E M Long

E M Long New Member

I have owned the X7 for a year or so and done a fair amount of tube rolling. This has been my first tube amp experience. Amp is paired with Cornwall 4 speakers. I gradually realized that spending money on quality tubes was worth it. The ax7 tube is a GE from the 1950’s. The 12 au7’s are matched amperex bugle boys from the 50’s. The most important tube was the 5ar4 gz34 metal base Mullard
    /Amperex rectifier from 1955. These are routinely priced between 400-500 dollars but made a big difference in sound quality. (Query “dubstep girl + 5ar4 review”)
    The 88’s are Gold Lions which could probably be improved upon with vintage versions, but it would cost a lot.
    This all just to say that the essential quality of the amp justifies spending money on premium NOS tubes.
    One last thing - this amp prefers the 4 ohm speaker connection which greatly improves smoothness on the Cornwall 4’s.
    I Also use the Audiodharma Cable Cooker which I consider my most important accessory. If you get into cable and connector rolling, no new cable can be truly judged until it has been “cooked.” Not snake oil.

Cornwall 4 speakers
    Jay’s Audio CDT2 MK3 Transport
    Denafrips Terminator Dac
    Rotel RC 1590 pre amp
    Shunyata power conditioning.

6. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

I had a tube go bad, killed the left channel. Assuming it’s my kt88s, since I’m still using the chinese ones which came with the x7, should I go with new Red Lions or Mullards? My preamp tubes and rectifier are Red Lion, but I’ve read online of the kt88s burning out quickly.

7. Nicode70

Nicode70 Overspending completist

I just received and installed a full set of JJ electronic tubes.
    I could not find a NOS solution that fited my budget.
    I’ll let you know how it turns out. But it has got to be an improvement over the chinese stock ones

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  8. Nicode70

Nicode70 Overspending completist

Also,

NEW SPEAKERS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Atohm GT2. i've managed to sell my previous GT1 for more than i paid for. And found an incredible deal on those white beauties 20min from home.
    I can't be happier.

But i'm dangerously close to the limit of the WAF.

Twinsfan007, Razakoz, trd and 6 others like this.
  9. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Oh my, those look good! :agree:

And I bet they sound great too.

Nicode70 likes this.
  10. timind

timind phorum rezident

Congrats on the new speakers. I heard the Atohm speakers at AXPONA a few years ago and was extremely impressed. Unfortunately, they are not readily available here in the US.

Classic Car Guy and Nicode70 like this.
  11. Cutch

Cutch Active Member

Hi, I'm new here and have been researching the Muzishare x7. The Tube Amplifier Store (the seller on Amazon) says you can run EL34 tubes on it if you just adjust the bias to 30 or 35 rather than the 40 setting for K88. I wonder if anyone has tried this. The Willsenton R8 has a switch to change from EL34 to K88 and I'm wondering if all that does is adjust the bias meter so that when you set the bias it lowers it to the proper level for the EL34 or if it also changes the voltage in the bias circuit. Thanks for any info

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  12. Ziggmc

Ziggmc New Member

I have had my X7 for about a year and the stock tubes are ok but one went out about six months ago (KT88). I had already purchased Matched Gold Lions to replace as well as the other tubes. Makes a HUGE difference. The headphone amp is really very good. The phono preamp is ok. Love the fit and finish and style of the amp. My wife still believes that I lied about the price. She thinks I paid about 3500 for it instead of about 1200. Pairs well with Klipsch RP600 M's and Q Acoustic 3030i's. I am planning to upgrade the caps (stock are very good but spending another 300 will make it exquisite according to several owners) Ready to upgrade to Forte IV's when my new listening room is ready!

13. chris smith

chris smith New Member

I just purchased a used X7 and can you give me details or link me to information about the Cap upgrades?
    thanks,
    Chris

14. B. Scarpia

B. Scarpia WatchingYouWatchingMe

A big +1 on the Gold Lion KT-88s being substantially better sounding than most. $1200? Tell your wife, "Honeee", I spent more than that on the parts for my mono blocks! https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/members/b-scarpia.130430/

Someone else asked about Cap upgrades and I can say that Mundorf EV Silver/Gold/Oil are outstanding and affordable.

15. R90S

R90S Active Member

Hey, not a new audiophile here but new to tubes (outside of guitar amps). Just thought I'd give my review of the X7 here, and some tube info etc.

I've had my X7 for just a few weeks now, sounded great out of the box, built like a tank as you know by now, beautiful machine, even the remote is kinda cool in a real minimalist cold metal way. That said I noticed a lack of low end oomph, bass, loudness that I've grown accustomed to with my vintage Marantz receivers. That's partially a good thing, as there's a clarity and high end crispness, detailed sound stage that I was missing, and the X7 delivers it.

So far I've only changed the stock 12AU7's to Psvane Art series ECC82's, the 12AX7 to a JJ ECC83S, and the rectifier to a Genalex GZ34 (new).

For some reason the Rectifier gave me the most audible change is sound (wasn't expecting that), it feels a good deal more powerful since swapping that specifically. 'm waiting on the power tubes but have been looking at the Psvane KT88 Classic MKII II series instead of the Gold Lions.... I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with these, the Lions from all the reports I've read are very bright, clean, but I'm looking for a more low end 70s gruntier, earthier sound from my X7.

I'm currently running the amp into a pair of KLH Model Fives (new), and mainly using the phono port, and an old iPod into line 1. One note on speakers, found that the performance is a good deal better using the 4 OHM connections than the 8 OHM ones. (The KLH are rated at 6 I believe).

Echoes Myron likes this.
  16. ddaarr

ddaarr Member

Thank you for all the wealth of knowledge in this thread. Hope to join soon, planning to pair this with my SOTA Sapphire turntable.

17. ddaarr

ddaarr Member

I searched for the best prices for Muzishare X7 and have seen 3 we're dold on eBay. I searched "X7 KT88" that were completed auctions. Anyone here got a insane deal? Hmm, seller is from Malaysia. After you search ebay you will realize why.

eBay has a Money back guarantee, feels low risk. Payment can be made with PayPal as well, low risk and buyer can make a claim.

18. PooreBoy

PooreBoy Forum Resident

I've now had my Muzishare for over a year and a half, and I really love the sound and performance. I changed from the Gold Lion KT88's to a matched quad of Psvane KT88C about two-three weeks ago. They sound much cleaner and give more of a slam or punch to the sound than the Gold Lions did. I tried a Gold Lion rectifier and it went bad after about a month, so I'm running the Sovtek that came with it.
    I'm running RCA clear top 12au7's and a Sylvania long plate 12ax7. This combo sounds really great to me. It has lot's of depth, a wide and clear sound stage...I really couldn't ask for a better sounding integrated at the moment.

WhatDoIKnow, bajaed, rischa and 2 others like this.
  19. occargeek

occargeek Well-Known Member

My Mullard NOS rectifier was the game changer for me as well.
    All the fluff you read in articles about ‘veils being lifted’ and other flowery descriptions were true with this. Tighter (and more reverb) bass was the biggest change for me.

I ran Baldwin NOS 12au7’s which I thought was excellent for the money. I’ve been curious about the different Long plate 12ax7’s-that may be my next splurge.

Echoes Myron and PooreBoy like this.
  20. PooreBoy

PooreBoy Forum Resident

This is the best price you can get these for. It’s where I purchased mine from.
    $1079.68

Jeepnmon likes this.
  21. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Just put an order in late last night for one of these. I'm very excited to finally dip my toes in the tube world and this seems like the best bang for your buck way to do it. I ordered it direct from the china hifi website. I'm curious how long it will take to ship out.

Jeepnmon likes this.
  22. rischa

rischa Forum Resident

Huh, I didn't realize the X7 could be had new for $1079. No wonder no one wants to buy the one I'm selling in the classifieds for $1000 plus shipping :laugh:

I better make a market correction, lol.

PooreBoy and Jeepnmon like this.
  23. Twinsfan007

So I put my order in back on 12/21. According to their website they can ship out in 2 business days. I was expecting to see a shipping notification already but i havent. Has anyone who has ordered from china-hifi-audio dealt with this before?

24. PooreBoy

PooreBoy Forum Resident

I purchased mine from a similar sight in 2021...(hifi-exquis.com), and mine shipped out two days after I placed the order. I just noticed that the price has dropped since I purchased mine from $1,117.80 to $1051.20 + shipping which came to $1,252.80 total.
    They were also real quick to respond all of my emails as well.

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  25. Twinsfan007

Thank you for the response. I got shipping notification today that it should be here on 1/3/23 so we'll see. I was starting to get worried

PooreBoy likes this.