1. This day in history: January 12, 2002. 9:49 AM, California time. The Steve Hoffman Music Forums officially launched with this thread. Thank you for 20 years of music, discussion, and great memories! Join our "Thank You!" thread, and we'll see you in the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Muzishare X7 - an affordable hand-wired KT88 integrated made at the Line Magnetic factory

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by action pact, Dec 10, 2020.

1. gareth davies

gareth davies New Member

Hi
    A good few hours more and it has improved markedly, Im really surprised i have been serial buyer swapper of HI Fi for many years and never heard a piece of equipment change like this. I have always though running in an amp to be a bit of a myth but this has completely changed my thoughts on this

Andy Saunders and action pact like this.
  2. Ruckus

Ruckus Active Member

Mine changed for better after around 100 hours. I have Klipsch hereseys speakers and they were never better. I did change out the preamp tube to a jj and got even more bass response. It still takes around an hour to open up though.
    I find myself opting for better recordings when playing lps or cds, though a rough oldie still gets played occasionally.:cool:

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Active Member

Did the Kt88s help? Considering them myself.

4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore Thread Starter

I think they made an improvement, but not nearly as much as upgrading the 12au7/12ax7 tubes.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  5. E M Long

E M Long New Member

I have owned the X7 for a year or so and done a fair amount of tube rolling. This has been my first tube amp experience. Amp is paired with Cornwall 4 speakers. I gradually realized that spending money on quality tubes was worth it. The ax7 tube is a GE from the 1950’s. The 12 au7’s are matched amperex bugle boys from the 50’s. The most important tube was the 5ar4 gz34 metal base Mullard
    /Amperex rectifier from 1955. These are routinely priced between 400-500 dollars but made a big difference in sound quality. (Query “dubstep girl + 5ar4 review”)
    The 88’s are Gold Lions which could probably be improved upon with vintage versions, but it would cost a lot.
    This all just to say that the essential quality of the amp justifies spending money on premium NOS tubes.
    One last thing - this amp prefers the 4 ohm speaker connection which greatly improves smoothness on the Cornwall 4’s.
    I Also use the Audiodharma Cable Cooker which I consider my most important accessory. If you get into cable and connector rolling, no new cable can be truly judged until it has been “cooked.” Not snake oil.

Cornwall 4 speakers
    Jay’s Audio CDT2 MK3 Transport
    Denafrips Terminator Dac
    Rotel RC 1590 pre amp
    Shunyata power conditioning.

6. knob twirler

knob twirler Forum Resident

I had a tube go bad, killed the left channel. Assuming it’s my kt88s, since I’m still using the chinese ones which came with the x7, should I go with new Red Lions or Mullards? My preamp tubes and rectifier are Red Lion, but I’ve read online of the kt88s burning out quickly.

7. Nicode70

Nicode70 Overspending completist

I just received and installed a full set of JJ electronic tubes.
    I could not find a NOS solution that fited my budget.
    I’ll let you know how it turns out. But it has got to be an improvement over the chinese stock ones

WhatDoIKnow likes this.