My ex Brother-in-Law's s**t record collection (eBay auction)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Chris R, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

My ex Brother-in-Law's s**t record collection

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/290570522953

Seller goes on to describe what a wanker is his ex brother-in-law was. Kind of funny.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

The guy is a racist.

3. prof. stoned

prof. stoned Forum Member

Yes, a racist of the worst kind. He discriminates Jazzfunkers, an incredibly rare and almost extinct breed. Shame on him. :laugh:

4. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

I was wondering what happened to those records....

5. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

What the...??

"Add to this 80s fashion horrorshow a Ford Capri and Super Mario-style moustache underlining his bulbous nose, and you get an object lesson in t**tdom"

:biglaugh:

6. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

A very creative sales approach. This could be the most viewed eBay record sale in years.

7. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

This guy should write movies scripts

ST2080 likes this.
  8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

That was brilliant. Had me laughing all the way through. :laugh:

9. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Thats a gem. Make's me homesick as I miss our British acidic sarcastic sense of humour so much sometime. I hope he gets a few Bob and that eBay don't pull it. I remember listing some records that had f#%k in the title and although eBay accepted them, they were unsearchable. Good luck mate you're a star! I forgot to mention that I went to see Level 42 in the 80's but I'm alright now hehe :)

10. Parvati

Parvati I'm neither male, nor can I sing

"...where they has been sat..."?

If you guys hadn't said this was funny already, that turn of phrase would have done it for me right there.

11. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

"Question..is your sister still single?"

Some guys eh?. Think Ebay can now be dating site.:rolleyes:

12. I don't understand that comment. I can't tell anything about what race he is or what race his wanker former brother-in-law is or what race would dress like this:

I can't imagine what shoes look like pasties, which as far as I know are those little covers for women's nipples, maybe he had very small feet. I don't know what pringle jumpers are but I do know what pleated Farrah's are.

13. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Most of the records fall into the funk/disco category, and the seller says they are "****"; therefore, the seller hates all black people.

See how easy? :idea:

14. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Roberta Flack,EWF s**t.?:sigh: I like jazz funk R&B & soul.Guess I'm a wanker.:D It was funny though.

15. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Maybe these, though I suspect the latter:

View attachment 185680

View attachment 185681

16. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Can't we grasp the concept of watching an auction QUIETLY and not driving up the bidding? ;)

17. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

No, I don't mean the way he talked about his brother-in-law, but the way he described the music. You guys think it was a funny put-on, but i've heard too much of this type of talk from those types in real life. That's where my opinion comes from.

And, seeing as how most of you don't have or like the music in the ad, I can see why you don't see it they way I do.

Carry on.

18. That's funny, I recently picked up three pairs of Clarks shoes, nothing like those but I had never heard of Clarks shoes to the best of my knowledge prior to buying them. Not in style is a given if I chose them so I would hate to see the guy describe the way I dress.

19. buckeye1010

buckeye1010 Zephead Buckeye

Best ebay listing ever! LOL:laugh:

20. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Very enjoyable.

I read all the comments and they were a hoot too. For example: "OMG, I'v just laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out" ;)

21. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

That's a common UK locution. "Where they have been sat" would probably make more sense, but they wouldn't say "He was sitting in the corner," they would say "He was sat in the corner."

22. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

This is SO funny and only 20 forum comments. Come on vinyl guys - it's only Sh$t, f#&k and C#&t.....not World War III lol. Bloody hilarious. Enjoy. I've relinked :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290570522953#ht_1821wt_1179

Q: Hi, I've just read through the list of records you are selling and want your assurance that these are all original pressings and not later repros of these sought after records. You don't happen to also have any of his original Pringle jumpers, pleated Farrahs, shoes that looked like pasties, white socks and revolting shirts. Yours in hope. 28-May-11
    A: I checked the deadwax. None of them say MPO or Issued 1998, so you should be OK. Bid with confidence! And no, I don't have any items of 80s sports casual to go with them.

23. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I still have some things to list on eBay that are currently on top of my desk, where they have been sitting since I put them there.

24. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

25. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

The dude should be writing for Monty Python.

He had to be a joy to be around... :sigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.