My ex Brother-in-Law's s**t record collection (eBay auction)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Chris R, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:thumbsup: thanks. Much appreciated

2. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

That's hilarious!

Also, I don't see anything racist about it, as previously mentioned. The guy could have picked any genre of music and wrote the same thing about it.

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

They likely removed it over the gross offensiveness.

4. Grant

Not only is there coded racism in there, he posts unproven allegations that have no place in an ebay ad. It's also vile. To top it off, the guy can't spell. He sounds ignorant.

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Some people need a better grip.

I mean really. Racist? Give me a break.

6. Grant

I guess you would have to live as a different person to see it.:rolleyes:

7. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Wow!

8. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

Who? You? Some people are just looking to get offended. :sigh:

9. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

Seriously, it was a funny listing! The guy's ex-brother-in-law could have been a metal head and left a pile of metal records for him to sell or he could have been into Lawrence Welk and easy listening and left that to sell. He was just a fan of that genre and his lifestyle choices and taste in music annoyed the guy who made the listing. Again, you don't know what race the person who listed it was. Earth, Wind and Fire isn't everyone's cup of tea, it doesn't make them racist.

10. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

No I think I have to be someone who likes to blow things out of proportion.

Here is an example of racism:

Hi, I'm a black guy and I would like to apply for the job. Sorry we don't hire black people.

This would not be an example of racism:

JazzFunk fans are losers. Northern Soul rules. Which effectively is what the writer of the ebay ad is saying.

It was done as a joke. In jest. You're being to sensitive and trying to make this a bigger deal than it really is. I guess you must be a JazzFunk fan and you took it to heart or a crusader for JazzFunk fans.

Heck I like a lot of the stuff the guy even listed as crap.

You need to chillaxe mate. Seriously.

11. somnar

somnar Senior Member

Right on, man. It's funny. It's supposed to be funny. Look, I find Grant's profile pic a little offensive, but I realize that's my being a bit uptight. I wouldn't try to make a case about it, I wouldn't try and make a point or argue that he shouldn't use it.

Everything - EVERYTHING - offends someone.

12. Grant

Why?

Listen guys, i'll be blunt instead of trying to dance around it to keep someone from getting upset:

I have lived long enough and heard enough bigots describe how much they hate Black music (notice that every single artist and the style of music is R&B?). Notice the way he describes the music and the artists. It doesn't take much to see what the guy is about. We have a clue how he feels about Black people, I think.

I will not change my view.

13. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I'm grossly offended that they removed it!

14. imarcq

So why does the SH Forum Dirty-Filth-Filter leave in Prick, Wanker, Arsehole and Bollocks but remove S*** and F***??? Are these not rude enough lol!!!

Are your kids still safe from racism and corruption on here? They are probably too busy watching Lady Gaga under the blankets to even care I'd bet.....

15. somnar

somnar Senior Member

Not asking you to change your view. Suggesting that, just because something offends you, it doesn't mean it's universally offensive. In other words, just because you find it 'racist' doesn't make it 'racist'.

16. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

I doubt you could find a whiter band than Level 42 :laugh:

17. imarcq

Er..the Average White Band?

http://www.averagewhiteband.com/

And didn't Level 42 have Mike Lindup (the guy with the VERY high pitched voice?)

18. imarcq

"Sir, If you can't change your view then change your underpants"

Mark Twain (allegedly) :love:

19. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

I know who I'm voting for.

20. bigmikerocks

bigmikerocks Forum Resident

i live in the south and know lots of bigots who love black music.

i also know many people who aren't bigots who detest the kind of music the ebay guy is having a go at, but love other stuff that would be considered more genuine or authentic soul/RnB. it's ridiculous to assume the guy is racist or bigoted.

21. Leigh

Leigh https://orf.media

I had never heard of Shakatak until this thread, but they certainly appear to be of predominantly pinkish complexion.

22. camrock

camrock Active Member

Exactly this.

I have to take issue with your unpatriotic outlook here, Ben, I can think of at least five domestic acts who have been whiter than Level 42.

23. imarcq

We used to call them Crapattack back in my schooldaze! :love:

24. Robin L

Robin L Musical Omnivore

The Whitest Guys We Know

Johnny Winter wants to have a word with you.

I don't have much use for Quiet Storm radio either, which I guess makes me a Klan member.

Seriously, much as the prudish need to avoid viewing the naked lest they go blind or otherwise sin, so must the hyper-sensitive and easily offended avoid real satire lest their panties get in a twist.

25. Grant

Yeah, and I know people who are in interracial marriages and have biracial kids, who are bigots. Based on my experience with these people, I came to my conclusion. I will not change my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.