My ex Brother-in-Law's s**t record collection (eBay auction)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Chris R, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

I'd say you're a racist.

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I'm losing track of who you think is racist? You still talking about the ebay ad guy or other ppl who won't listen to non-white or non-black music based on the performers skin colour?

Oh this made me chuckle. :)

3. somnar

somnar Senior Member

Maybe he's saying we're racists because we don't think ebay ad guy is racist.

I'm confused.

4. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Apologies. Wasn't sure how to phrase the "s" word in the thread title.

5. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Some of my best friends are jazz-funkers...

6. bigmikerocks

bigmikerocks Forum Resident

tommy saxondale detests jazz-funkers, he doesn't seem bigoted.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Some of my best friends are s**t. I'm just glad I got to read it before it disappeared. Really, the internet is such an interesting place sometimes. Before the internet, what were the odds I'd run into 25,000 people in the same place at the same time ? What were the odds half of them would actually be funny ? What were the odds the other half would be so creepy, you'd pray you never tripped across one of them in your actual, day-to-day life ? No, all we had was radio and television. And graffitti. Sometimes graffitti was funny. The nurse is here, time for my pills now.

8. I thought it was very funny, not racist in any way, but definitely a personal attack on his former wanker brother-in-law and eBay was correct to remove the ad. I am not interested in reading eBay rules again but I am sure this is covered and was removed for cause.

9. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I think there is only one way to phrase the "s" word isn't there? :D

10. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

:laugh:

11. Jim N.

Jim N. 2024 is 1968 sans the great music

That eBay ad was frickin' hilarious. It really made my day!

12. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

Did anyone make a copy of it?

13. Parvati

Parvati I'm neither male, nor can I sing

The Internet does make it possible to run into any level of creep. But it also makes it more possible to run into any level of decency, too.

I took a real-life friend to hang out with some local folks i have been hanging out with in person for about 5 or 6 years, but originally we all met online like 23-25 years ago.

My friend paid me the hugest compliment today when she told me that meeting my friends had so surprised her. That they were all so awesome & funny & real & she never realized there were so many cool and interesting people just one degree away from her.

I was surprised she was surprised and told her so. "The Internet: making real people available to each other since 1987, in my life."

But it pleases me immensely to know so many awesome folks. I guess if they weren't worth it they'd be long gone by now. :)

If you have any extra pills, I'm down.

14. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Seek and ye shall find.

15. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.