My favorite Chicago area record store

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by thirtycenturyman, Jan 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thirtycenturyman

thirtycenturyman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey all! I just visited one of my favorite shops the other day and wanted to give them some love. Squeezebox is located in Evanston, northeast corner of Main and Sherman.

Tim, the owner, is a wonderful guy and has an ever growing, well curated, selection of new and used vinyl. Everything used is typically very clean, unless it's in the dollar bin, and prices are reasonable. It's also one of the rare shops that has a really decent audiophile selection such as MoFi and Speakers Corner. The first two Eagles One Steps were still in stock as of a couple days ago.

There's also a really good selection of jazz with a section dedicated to the new Blue Note reissues.

Anyway, if you're close it's worth a visit.

haydenfest, ScramMan2 and Shawn like this.
  2. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

I live half a mile away. I went in there once, it was pretty cool. I'll probably drop in again

3. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

It is a great store, I live just a few blocks away, which is really bad for my checkbook. It started as a really tiny store in another location, but took over their current space a while ago and started concentrating more on records than books. They do a great job on Record Store Day, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.