My First Time Listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by raq0915, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamic Ranger

Dynamic Ranger Forum Resident

One of the best intros of all time! Still gives me chills (in a good way) to this day when I blast it myself.:righton:

2. Wes_in_va

Wes_in_va Trying to live up to my dog’s expectations

I don’t remember specifics but I remember I was in 4th grade and my friend Scott played it.

3. gabbleratchet7

gabbleratchet7 Forum Resident

I first heard it in ninth grade, attending a new school in which many of the other students had studied the album in an English literature class the previous year. Boy, did I feel like a fish out of water. This was 1987-88, so just as the Gilmour-led band was back on the road, so it didn’t take long to go from zero to sixty in terms of Floyd indoctrination.

4. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I bought it at 09.01 am as soon as the shop opened the day it came out. Have to say I did not like Comfy Numb when I first heard it, those strings man, that's not Pink Floyd, then a mate pointed out how good Gilmour's solos were..

5. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I was disappointed. I disliked the movie more.

6. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Meh, maybe without Geldoff.

7. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Wow, Im honestly really shocked that this post is still getting views and replies a year later. I had stopped using this forum a few months ago, but now Im back! I have a backlog of like 100 alerts to go through, so sorry to anyone if you had asked me a question and I didnt/don't respond. Anyways, thanks for watching!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.