My Foobar setup with pics - Computer Audio

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by portisphish, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJKCanada

JJKCanada New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a try tonight. I have been using darkone for quite some time already.

I have a 4k display, and I always have to "hack" the script to try and increase the sizes of the text in the queue. I botched my install so I was looking online for some old tips on how to do that when I stumbled across your variant of the skin. :)

I looked quick and I will still need to figure out the sizing for the text, and spacing of the columns etc similar to the original darkone.

2. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Just to add to my post above. There's one more thing that needs to be done. But this only applies to my latest update that I made today.

In Play mode right click on the Peakmeter and select Preferences. Then go to Advance Settings on the top/right.

Under Foreground Image/Path Change the line:

B:\themes\DarkOne_v4.0\Images\peak.png

To

C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\themes\DarkOne_v4.0\Images\peak.png

(You can't hand type or cut and paste, you have to go through the 'motions')

This is actually a mistake I noticed in the previous updates. I had this line pointing to C:\Program Files (x86), which is incorrect for Portable mode. It has to be virtual drive B.

Which has me at a loss because no one complained about the Peakmeter not working right. :)

3. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Ok, I have made my last update for awhile. (Unless I find bugs)

I only updated 1680 (V1 & V2) and 1920 (V1 & V2). I'm no longer updating the 1440 versions.

Download links are on Page 6 / Post #138.

My Foobar setup with pics - Computer Audio »

Here are a few screen grabs of the 1920 version:

JSP Browser expanded and in stop mode (V1 & V2)

[​IMG]

ELP Browser (V1)

[​IMG]

JSS Browser (V2)

[​IMG]

thommo likes this.
  4. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Not sure if anyone is using this anymore (I do :) ) but I figure I might as well share this update, which is just minor cosmetics.

-Updated to Version V1.3.11
    -Got rid of the circular buttons
    -Removed "DarkerOne" logo. (Got tired of it)
    -Removed borders around the VU meters.
    -Increased size of volume knob (It gets bigger and bigger with each update)
    -Biography working again (such as it is)

Wish I could make this for larger monitors (1680 and 1920 support only) but it's just not possible.

Download links here:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    psulioninks, xmas111 and wolfram like this.
  5. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

Thank you Majestyk, works like a charm.

I like the new layout. Great work as usual!

6. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

Some really nice layouts here. I've used this one for many years:

[​IMG]

7. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

If anyone notices the playback buttons acting funky (overly sensitive or other issues) I made another update just now to fix that.

8. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Oops. I completely forgot to make the VU Meters taller. It was on my to do list. So I just added that. If you don't want to download again you can make the changes manually...

Right click on the DISP. button. Select Splinter Settings.

Make the following changes in the Panellist:

VU Meter Right

Top - Change 56 to 46
    Height
    - Change 100 to 110

VU Meter Left

Top - Change 56 to 46
    Height
    - Change 100 to 110

Right Button Panel

Height - Change 44 to 36

Left Button Panel 2 (NOT Left Button Panel 1)

Height - Change 40 to 36

[​IMG]

9. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Wow this looks great I'll be trying this soon
    Thanks !

10. Hermetech Mastering

Hermetech Mastering Mastering Engineer

[​IMG]

I really dislike a lot of these "bling" setups people use for FB2k. As long as it plays music, I am happy, and I have the screen turned off when I am doing that...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    L5730 likes this.
  11. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Man, is that ever a sorry-ass GUI. If it wasn't for Darkone I'd never use FB2K. It's not so much the console and pretty graphics, the playlist(s) structure is vastly superior.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Opeth likes this.
  12. winopener

winopener Forum Resident

Would it be possible to enlarge the playback controls in order to use it with touch devices? I'm currently using Foonate, found on deviantart, and it is hard to do play/pause/etc on a 1280x600 7" or 1920x1080 9" screens.

Or a pointer to a touch-friendly skin...

13. Hermetech Mastering

Hermetech Mastering Mastering Engineer

It's the one that comes with it! Like I said, I hate "bling" GUIs, and I don't look at it when I'm listening to music. Like I don't look at my guitar amp when I'm playing. :) Never even considered a third party GUI.

14. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Unfortunately, no. I don't even own a touch device so I'd have no way of attempting such a thing. Tedgo is nearing completion of an updated version of Darkone V4. Perhaps he'll have touch devices in mind.

DarkOne v4 »

15. winopener

winopener Forum Resident

Could you help me on pointing where are the right setting in oder to modify Foonate?
    That's the screen capture i can do now (1280x800), there is no graphics since i'm outside home thus not on internal lan, but it is possible to understand the problem nevertheless.
    The playback bar (center bottom) normally has the buttons set on 26x26, i can enlarge them a bit (now should be 40x40) but, other than loosing the horizontal center, i can't push it no more because they will disappear below the graphical browser. I have not found where i can modify the right values in order to have the playback bar with at least 60x60 control icons. That's the only big issue i still have to solve.

[​IMG]

16. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

You'll have to send me the skin. I need the themes directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000

I also need the entire foobar2000 directory in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming

17. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Time to post screen grabs again. The others were dated and I was unable to overwrite them so I deleted them instead. Also...yet again, I made some further updates. Just minor stuff that probably won't be noticeable.

JS Smooth Playlist (3rd panel) JSPlaylist »
    (I completely changed the look of it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JS Playlist (3rd panel) JSPlaylist »

[​IMG]

ELP Playlist (By Darkone V4 creator Tedgo)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ELP & JSP Playlists are on Version 1
    JSS & JSP Playlists are on Version 2

(The 1440 screen size version is old and is no longer being updated)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Opeth likes this.
  18. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

Just a heads up... Tedgo has released a new Darkone V4 Mod. Looks cool but I haven't downloaded it yet.

DarkOne4Mod v1 »

Tommy SB and patient_ot like this.
  19. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Thanks for posting this. I have been checking for an update for awhile with no luck. Installed the new version, big improvement on my square secondary monitor, just looks better overall too. Had to update some components but seems to be working fine now.

20. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

I tried it and ended up deleting it. Totally a step in the wrong direction, IMO. I think his original V4 is much better.

21. Howdin 66

Howdin 66 Well-Known Member

Greeting from England .Just want to say a big thank you to Majestyk for his version of the darkone skin, I've been using it since i saw a link on the deviant art site whilst awaiting the update from Tedgo. I've no intention of updating to the Darkone V4 Mod simply because Majestyk's version incorporates everything that I like , it looks better and quite simply i love it so thanks once again Majestyk from the other side of the pond .

adriatikfan likes this.
  22. Howdin 66

Is there a way to add a JSctpt panel to the existing layout so as to add a fully functioning biography script ? I have made a portable install on a separate hard drive to try to figure it out because i don't want to mess up my full install but i haven't managed to figure it out . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

23. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

That's beyond my expertise I'm afraid.

24. RhodesSupremacy

RhodesSupremacy Forum Resident

25. Howdin 66

It's ok i've managed to suss it out and everything works flawlessly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.