My neighbor stole my Herbie Hancock LP !!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by aoxomoxoa, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky Thread Starter

I knew those little picture that Amazon started sending might come in handy some day.
    Today I got a picture of my package on my next door neighbor's porch because of a careless Amazon dispatcher. I went and the records was missing so I knocked on the door. I have not met my neighbor as she is new and just started renting recently. She would not answer the door so I left a note asking her to please return my package as I have photo proof it was left there.
    I haven't heard from her yet. This all happened about an hour ago.
    Amazon is replacing the LP but man, this really pisses me off.
    What do you guys think I should do?

2. aoxomoxoa

[​IMG]

Not My house!!

AaronW likes this.
  3. Quakerism

Quakerism Serial number 141467.

What Herbie Hancock title do you think she stole?

4. johnnyb1964

johnnyb1964 Treats please!

I guess ladies do like jazz!

5. aoxomoxoa

Well, I don't think she knew what it was until she opened it.

6. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

She probably thinks you are a maniac. Give it a few days - or simply say you didn't get it - and have Amazon send you a new one.

clhboa, Gaslight, Robert C and 2 others like this.
  7. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

According to the picture of the album above it's Empyrean Isles.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  8. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

An hour? Perhaps you should wait a bit longer, she might be out shopping.

clhboa and E.Baba like this.
  9. aoxomoxoa

And just be "ok" with it? I think it sucks! Good thing it was a cheap easy to replace LP. Could have been a rarity.

10. aoxomoxoa

My point is she didn't just bring the package over to my house she took it inside.
    Who does that?
    I have it happen a lot and I walk the package to my neighbor's house when it does.

formu_la likes this.
  11. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

I do, when the neighbour isn't home, and try again later.

Robert C and eelkiller like this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

Home all day. Windows and doors open.

13. aoxomoxoa

Why? I didn't leave a threatening message. Just an "I know what you did" message, basically.

14. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Accusing this woman straight up !?

She could just take it inside for safety or to deal with later. You said you haven't met. She might be very careful with meeting ppl who write rude notes.

One hour !!
    Ship man. Chill it.

Robert C, andrewskyDE, eddiel and 5 others like this.
  15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Jesus...talk about an over reaction. Give her some time...you sound like a bit of a maniac here.

clhboa, Robert C, Myke and 6 others like this.
  16. aoxomoxoa

The note just said that I saw that my package was delivered and that I would appreciate if she would return it. That's all. Not an accusation. A statement of fact.

17. aoxomoxoa

How am I overreacting? I know the package was sent to her porch. I have a picture.
    I went there about an hour after it said it was delivered and her car is there and she won't answer. I hope I am wrong. Really. I do.

Assuming she has not read this thread, she doesn't know I think she is a thief.

18. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Not everyone is home just because their car is there. If you really needed to address it instead of giving her time why not leave a note that says “I think the mailman accidentally left one of my packages at your door...I am home all evening so if you could pop it over that would be great”.

clhboa, SJP, panasoffkee and 2 others like this.
  19. aoxomoxoa

Essentially that's what I did. I just added that Amazon sent a picture of it on her doorstep.

20. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Are you sure she's the one who took the package? Might have been someone else; I'm told it happens a lot with parcels left on the porch.

lv70smusic likes this.
  21. aoxomoxoa

True. I guess I can't be sure.
    Just wanted to blow off steam and see what you guys thought I should do.

GentleSenator likes this.
  22. Quakerism

Quakerism Serial number 141467.

Nothing. Forget about it.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  23. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Yikes!

Sorry OP, but you're really not coming off well on this one. First, the clickbait title, 2nd the assumption on your part about the woman's character, the quite short amount of time you opted to wait before flying off the handle, believing a car instantly means a person is home and avoiding you, and basically really going out of your way to make this new person feel like she's living next to someone who's a bit of a nutcase.

If I were delivered a package by mistake, I would likely need to return it later. I have a newborn, a dog, many tasks to do around the house, and knocks on the door might not be heard or cared about when I have a crying baby who needs more immediate attention. Wouldn't be the first time that happened in our case.

Meanwhile, you'd be making all these assumptions about me based on the idea that I took the package in so it'd be secure while I wait for my wife to come back from errands. I mean, just giving you one example of how you might be missing a ton of context. It boggles the mind. There's always a possibility she might have stolen your package but wouldn't it make more sense to calm down and wait?

I have an LP en route from Australia for which I've waited 6 weeks but you can't wait 1h before branding someone you've never met a thief? Come on, man... Not cool. :chill:

Gaslight, Robert C, eddiel and 3 others like this.
  24. aoxomoxoa

Ok you guys are right.
    No worries the LP will be replaced.

25. Lefty Wright

Lefty Wright Forum Resident

Roll an aoxomoxoa and listen to aoxomoxoa, and be grateful you can afford the album, and can afford something to play it on, and have the freedom to access the internet...Unless she stole your album... then start a war!

Seriously, isn't there some saying about making friends with your neighbor... who lives next door... 5 feet away?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.