My new CD player - Cyrus CDi*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Fishoutofwater, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Fishoutofwater

Fishoutofwater Forum Resident Thread Starter

Have a word with Cyrus. They are very helpful. Good luck

2. Malinky

Malinky Forum Resident

How old is your player?
    That slot mechanism is very temperamental and can need adjusting after some years play.
    I had the old `Skipping` and `Stuck Disc` problem, I sent it back for a service (sorry `Fishoutofwater` but I find Cyrus to be difficult to deal with, as they refuse to admit that their products can even develop a fault).
    Player was returned after adjustment and `Soak testing`, was STILL faulty! and had to be sent back again....what a hassle!
    So it`s probably in need of a service.

3. Fishoutofwater

Fishoutofwater Forum Resident Thread Starter

Cyrus 8 is not a slot machine. I take your point that Cyrus always state that "its the first time we have come accross this issue" but i have used Cyrus gear for 20 plus years and when i have sent stuff back for a service they have also included upgrades with no extra charge. They admitted to me that the 8 series CD player, which i also have, did have a few issues but they claimed they could easily sort them. Their CDi slot mashine is a superb player and i love it. Ugly bugger though!

Malinky likes this.
  4. hifisoup

hifisoup Forum Resident

We sold their Mission loudspeakers and Cyrus electronics here in the USA back in the '80s. It was great sounding gear, I thought. I wonder why they no longer sell here in the states.

5. blair207

blair207 Forum Resident

You and hundreds of others. It’s a major problem on older players. Did you buy it new or second hand? If you take it to a dealer they will offer to send it to Cyrus but the bill will be expensive. Probably better to see how much they will give you for it against a new model.

Fishoutofwater likes this.