My NOS/NIB FM Aerial Antenna was delivered ToDay! *

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by coolhandjjl, Sep 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolhandjjl

coolhandjjl Embiggened Pompatus Thread Starter

Look what FedEx just dropped off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics to come later!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  2. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I'm going to assume you listen to a lot of FM radio!

Monty12 likes this.
  3. coolhandjjl

I just picked up a Marantz 125 tuner. All part of my analog and vinyl motif for my Bruce Wayne study upstairs. Downstairs in the Bat Cave is my digital music files Leviathon rig.

That t wire does diddly, and the TV Yagi in the attic only does so much. There’s really only a couple stations I listen to, but it was $75. Couldn’t not buy it.

Monty12 and Agitater like this.
  4. Hagstrom

Best of luck with it. There are no stations in Philadelphia worth listening to. But now for some reason you have me researching antennas!

Monty12 likes this.
  5. coolhandjjl

The Channel Master 3025 is THE fm antennae to get. Unobtanium now unless Craigslist searches bear fruit. I found mine from someone in northern Minnesota where the seller looked like they were clearing out an old family members shop of unsold inventory. Ok, so it wasn’t just $75. I have a FedEx account and shipping was $35. :p

The Channel Master 3025 was formerly the 4408, equally as revered.

6. AP1

AP1 Forum Resident

There is (was? - I moved from there two years ago) a classical/jazz station. I always listened to it in the car why driving back from work - that was jazz time after 6pm.

Monty12 likes this.
  7. Hagstrom

WRTI. I forgot about that one. That's the only station worth listening to.

bluemooze likes this.
  8. AP1

AP1 Forum Resident

They always had announcements of local live performances. That was useful, likely not so much now with COVID restrictions.

9. Bananajack

Bananajack Phorum ... wat Phorum? Where am I?

Geez man, THAT is the right stuff - love that antenna!

coolhandjjl likes this.
  10. Paul_s

Paul_s Forum Resident

You should be able to pick up Voyager 1 with that :cheers:

mreeter and coolhandjjl like this.
  11. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

Cool, you found one! I have the same one on my roof that I installed about 17 years ago when I got my first HD TV for over air, and now use for FM tuners. This is a good model.

Luck would have it, mine took a lightning strike a couple of months back, and it blew out the amplifier I had attached to it too. It's been acting up a little, so I am going to try and find one too. Where did you get it? The Bay?

coolhandjjl likes this.
  12. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I used to listen to XPN years ago when visiting. Are they still around or any good? I suppose I could check for myself but prefer asking!

13. coolhandjjl

CL. And it’s going in the attic to keep it free from storms, trees, etc.

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  14. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

When I installed an antenna on my roof, along with my TV antenna I had a Channel Master that looked like that. It must have been one of those two models. I did that installation maybe 18 years ago when HDTV first came out and you had to have an antenna to get any HD material.

When the HD antenna came down, so did the FM one. Now I have a whip antenna designed for a boat. It receives well enough but I bet your antenna, @coolhandjil, works better.

Nice score.

coolhandjjl likes this.
  15. Hardcore

Hardcore Quartz Controlled

You need one of these badboys to go with it now, endless fun.

bluemooze likes this.
  16. AP1

AP1 Forum Resident

This one is for HF only, highest frequency it covers - 52MHz still way below antenna's working band (88-108 MHz).

McLover likes this.
  17. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Innocent Bystander

WMMR no longer viable? I used to love that station driving from Baltimore to NY back in the day...'course, that's when Earle Bailey was around...

18. Hardcore

Hardcore Quartz Controlled

My mistake. I’m sure they also have a model for VHF.

19. allied333

allied333 Audiophile

Great find. No one I am aware of makes an FM antenna now with more than four elements. It is almost not worth buying as an omni- directional has a few dB gain. Forget those FM stations 70 miles away with four elements. Your antenna will have no issue at 70 miles away unless a mountain is in the path.

MGW and coolhandjjl like this.
  20. 911s55

911s55 Forum Resident

Do you have a pole that goes from the study to the cave?

coolhandjjl likes this.
  21. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Been lucky to live in two cities with a Classical station. I leave my tuner on and it's always what I have on as I warm up my tubes. Amazing how often there's something on that keeps me interested.

22. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

I use air antenna at my home which we are behind another 1000 feet of mountain and 45 miles away from the north city station, plus 62 miles away from the south point. Ive tried so many different antennas including beams with rotaries, channel master, clear stream, 8 bay bowtie, dual antenna, name it.. with or without preamp boosters. I can only get 17 channels and disrupted.
    I bought this RCA simple antenna that was recommended by a cable repairman. I took my chance . Boom 50+ channels all clear and it was only sticking 3 feet high on top of my roof.
    I guess I can plug my radio here too. One of the best investment I made..

[​IMG]

23. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

I wont really believe all the rocket science lines of bull crap they write in their ads. you gotta get up there in the roof and try it one by one for yourself. seriously.
    For sure, the aluminum elements are better than any of them.

24. coolhandjjl

I found one place that makes speciality ones to cover only a 3MHz range of your choice. One of my stations is 88.1, the other 91.1. Thought about it, but I’m an old-school guy and this was far cheaper anyway.

25. Hagstrom

They are still around, but their playlists stink. They also had a Rolling Stones weekend last year and the DJs all crapped on their post Some Girls work. That was enough for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.