Mytek customer service non existent

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LINKO, Apr 24, 2024.

1. LINKO

LINKO Active Member Thread Starter

I purchased a new Liberty II DAC. Very nice unit, sounds great. When I purchased the unit there was a special which includes a pair of planar sundara headphones. I call but There is nobody home at Mytek. The phone just rings. None of the posted email addresses work. I try every day to reach someone.

what’s up? Does anyone have a way to contact them?

346-384-2687 is what I have been trying.

2. Davey

Davey NP: naemi ~ Dust Devil (2024)

My guess is they don't answer calls from Jupiter?

:)

The number on their site and the facebook page is (347) 384-2687 (different area code).

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    Tim 2, TarnishedEars, GyroSE and 3 others like this.
  3. Claude

Claude Senior Member

4. LINKO

Yes 347 (typo here)

they don’t answer

and there is no working email

5. LINKO

Been at this a couple of weeks

I’ll keep dialing

6. Skibum2

Skibum2 Forum Resident

Have you tried to contact a dealer maybe they have different number? Or are they direct to consumer?

7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

@LINKO you may want to try the European branch and ask them about this. Maybe they could help?

[​IMG]

wolfyboy3 likes this.
  8. jcn3

jcn3 Senior Member

nvm -- i went and looked at the mytek website to answer my question.

9. NYC-Blotto

NYC-Blotto Forum Resident

As we all know many companies are making it harder and harder to simply speak to someone.
    Of course they do this on purpose. One thing I like about Manley and Vandersteen.
    Call them and talk to EveAnna Manley or Richard Vandersteen.
    I even know of a time where she drove to a customers house and personally fixed a piece of Manley gear.

10. Use their website "contact us" options.
    Verify they are still open for business as a start.
    Try using the email option, if one is available.
    Send them a written letter....certified mail if you really want confirmation of receipt.
    Keep trying to call the correct phone number.
    Find a local resident who is willing to drive by the location to verify a business presence....maybe even stop in to get in person contact information.
    Use Google maps "street view" to see if you can find a business sign and some sort of verification concerning their presence.
    Contact ANY Mytek dealer and get contact info from them, and maybe even some better info concerning the location you dealt with.

Have all your receipts and other information ready when you make these calls.

Last, keep in mind things happen...legit things that can take a small business out of service for a short period.
    Illness.
    Injury.
    Family emergency.
    Local storm.
    Local maintenance/repairs to major infrastructure.
    Vacations.
    Business travels.

There are many viable reasons a business can become unavailable for a while because there are only a couple people running the business instead of a big team.

11. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

The audio gear dog and pony show circuit is going on right now, so they may not be around. Also there could be issues with the U.S. operation - seen that happen before with companies that are based elsewhere.

Who makes the headphones? Maybe try contacting them instead.

Hopefully you get some help. If the product was a recent purchase and you cannot get any help or answer from any manufacturer contact anywhere in the world, then it might be time to call your CC company.

12. AP1

AP1 Forum Resident

Mytek brand is based in Brooklyn, NYC not Europe. Though they never made anything here. Their OEM used to be in Poland, but they broke relationships with them few years ago. Not sure who and where is new OEM. They also stopped supporting products made by old OEM, since they have no access to spare parts and legal right on documentation is questionable.

13. LINKO

I purchased my unit direct. I tried both e-mail addresses in the little photoshop customer service page. No good returned emails

I did speak to the head guy many weeks ago and he said he would get more headphones.( 5-6 weeks ago)

a fluke that someone answered.

nothing since. Phone just rings.

someone suggested contacting a dealer that they might have other contact info. I’ll try that this week

can’t imagine what it would be like buying a $10k manhattan d/a

14. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

Initiate a CC chargeback. That tends to get results. AMEX especially is very consumer friendly about that.

Doug_B and Tim 2 like this.
  15. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

I have to say that I am a fan of their DACs. BUT. I bought one of the new Empire DACs. It had a serious networking issue and they had me return it. I think that resulted in the new Empire II. But I have yet to receive a new unit – a year later. I call or email once a month. No response. I wonder if they are going out of business?

16. ramonesfan

ramonesfan Forum Resident

Michal Jurewicz, who indicates he is Mytek Founder, President and Chief Designer, is a member at the Roon forums. His last post there was Apr.8. Maybe sign up for the Roon forum and send a message?

Michal_Jurewicz1

17. LINKO

I am still trying to reach somone. I tried the email address on the room forum as well as daily phone calls. Zip…no contact!

18. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  19. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

It sounds like they must be in serious trouble if their support is that poor.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  20. LINKO

Still trying to reach someone.
    They must be a very shaky operation.

I call almost everyday

21. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident

It would help if you filled in your profile , so we know you are not just here trolling.

not to mention you are a super new member.
    Not to mention you have to have a real location

just sayin

Last edited: May 14, 2024
  22. Skibum2

Skibum2 Forum Resident

@Tone? What would he be trolling for but you are right don't understand why people don't fill there profile this should be required to get a account

Tone? likes this.
  23. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

There is some kind of an issue here. They owe me a very expensive piece of gear and no longer respond to email or phone. This would NOT be a good time to purchase anything from them.

Strat-Mangler and Skibum2 like this.
  24. Doug_B

Doug_B Time Traveler

Initiate a reverse charge claim through your credit card company, based on not receiving your entire order and not being able to contact the vendor to address non-receipt of the missing item. Hopefully you did a screen copy or printout of the web page that showed the original completed order that included all items you were supposed to receive, which would strengthen your case (I assume it was a web-based order).

Doug

Skibum2 likes this.
  25. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident

Man I have zero clue to be honest. But lately I’ve seen a lot of ‘ new members’ and they look fishy to me as do the threads they start.

I’m getting old and paranoid. Lol