Nancy Sinatra Reissue Campaign via Light In The Attic [Coming 2021]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FJFP, Oct 8, 2020.

1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Thanks for sharing that excellent interview and translation!

2. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

I ordered both album and CD with book from Norman Records. I had notification a few weeks ago that the LP had arrived and they would hold that pending the arrival of the CD which they said was due out last Friday. Have not heard anything further.

3. beelzebomb

beelzebomb Well-Known Member

For anyone concerned about scratching the CD, the CD slot at the back of the book allows room for Japanese anti-static sleeves too - pretty rare for something that’s not actually a Japanese mini LP CD. It makes removal easier too.

lonelysea likes this.
  4. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Don’t hold your breath. See this post at Sinatra Family Forum…

START WALKIN' 1965-1976 (2021) - Page 13 (post #260)

5. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Here’s the quote, for those who don’t like to click links. (Richard is a moderator at SFF.)
    I have forwarded to Richard my Amazon delayed delivery estimate email.

RSteven likes this.
  6. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Thanks, Bob. I might just give up on this and stream the thing instead.

Bob F likes this.
  7. DEAN OF ROCK

DEAN OF ROCK Senior Member

This

8. MartyTem

MartyTem Forum Resident

jeremylr likes this.
  9. Nate-O-Phonic

Nate-O-Phonic I didn't get a Harrumph! outta that guy...

I ordered on February 5, and my new estimated delivery date is Thursday, April 22, 2021 - Friday, May 28, 2021. I ordered earlier and my date is later! Go figure! I don't have much faith Amazon will deliver on this...

10. JeffHunt

JeffHunt Stray Cat Strutting

Art Bell always played "Some Velvet Morning" as bumper music on Coast To Coast AM.

Megadeth and Jessica Simpson's covers of "Boots" are terrible.

I'll see myself out now.

11. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

BM listing says available to special order. Sigh.

12. bug2362

bug2362 Forum Resident

I stopped in to 2 local shops this week to buy the cd but they didn’t have...just
    Ordered directly from LITA

13. smallworld

smallworld Forum Resident

I keep having to remind myself that Lita Ford has nothing to do with this release.

14. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast Thread Starter

Finally got my 2LP black copy. I have to say, as someone who is most familiar with 60s copies of these albums, I’m very impressed with the sound. More accurate and natural sounding than the slightly processed EQ tone of the originals (which I do still love too). I might actually be game for some of the album reissues at this rate!

Shawn and polchik like this.
  15. I'm jealous, everything was sold out by the time I realized this was coming out. LITA I hope you are doing a re-press!

16. FJFP

How strange! There’s plenty of them still here in the UK...

Nancy Sinatra - Start Walkin' 1965-1976

Andrewb likes this.
  17. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

I believe its not even properly released in Europe, its still as a pre-order on many major sites.

dlemaudit likes this.
  18. FJFP

How bizarre! I’m glad we got it in the UK already then.

19. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

You don’t have it in the UK. Read the page you linked: “Expected 9th April 2021.” (And I wouldn’t trust that date.)

dlemaudit likes this.
  20. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

If there really are no deluxe versions of the cd left somewhere in the distribution chain, it will be interesting to see how Amazon handles the orders from people who bought the deluxe version and already downloaded the autorip. Will they simply send the other cd version that they inexplicably had listed at a higher price, hoping no one notices and/or complains? Will they simply cancel the orders? If they do the latter, will they attempt to charge for the mp3s that were downloaded as part of an expected bundle with the cd purchase or will they simply allow those customers to end up getting the mp3s at no cost?

Bob F, RSteven and sharedon like this.
  21. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

This is nowhere to be seen yet in any retailers in Europe. Postponed and postponed. I asked 3 of my local stores here in Paris who are well connected and there is no update. One of them order direct from the label but no update.

Bob F likes this.
  22. FJFP

They haven’t updated their website properly - this is literally the store we ordered it from, and it’s currently in my hands at this very moment.

23. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

The Deluxe Book Edition CD is in your hands now and you ordered it directly from the Banquet Records web site? I'm tempted to take a chance on this, but the total cost, with shipping to the United States, is nearly double what the list price of the Deluxe Book Edition CD was.

My standard digipak edition CD recently shipped from LITA. I already own two different LP copies of Start Walkin' and now the standard CD. I'm kinda tapped out, financially speaking.

Bob F and frankfan1 like this.
  24. lonelysea

lonelysea Ban Leaf Blowers

Really curious to hear what owners of both CD and LP have to say about sound quality differences, if there are any. A previous poster commented that his vinyl sounded “thin”; I have the CD and it sounds anything but thin. As a matter of fact, it’s the best sounding disc I’ve bought in months, including several new MFSL SACD releases.

RSteven likes this.
  25. FJFP

Okay this has definitely got mixed up somewhere, I was referring to the 2LP.