Nancy Sinatra Reissue Campaign via Light In The Attic [Coming 2021]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FJFP, Oct 8, 2020.

1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I do believe that’s what’s planned — but if the titles sell well, maybe LITA will expand the series… as I mentioned previously, I’d love the third Nancy & Lee album, only released in Australia in 2004, as well as her self-titled album (her last album to-date) also from 2004…

It seems this compilation has done well, so fingers crossed!

2. AnalogueAndy

AnalogueAndy Forum Resident

Talk about good timing: I’m happy to report my Deluxe CD/book arrived in today’s mail. 21 days from Southwest London to Vancouver, Canada . . I can live with that. Shipped in a sturdy LP-sized vinyl record mailer (with cool sketches of the Banquet Record store on it) so no issues of it not being protected for its journey. Hopefully yours will be arriving any day (if not already landed). Nice to have this in hand after I thought I’d missed the boat. :goodie:

3. AnalogueAndy

:shtiphat:

Coppertop Tester and lou a like this.
  4. Finchingfield

Finchingfield Forum Resident

Another Nancy CD hardback book order to Banquet Records, thanks everyone for the hot tip !!!

5. wvsteveo

wvsteveo Forum Resident

I ordered yesterday (Wednesday), received confirmation from Paypal, but no confirmation from the seller yet

Coppertop Tester likes this.
  6. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast Thread Starter

I can very much vouch for Banquet, as I’ve ordered all my new releases from them over the pandemic. If there’s any issues, just email them, and they’ll always come back.

7. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

I finally went for the deluxe cd, got a notification that it had been despatched the following morning.

I did also order the Trees cd box, they reckoned a second pressing was on its way. Not holding out much hope, but.

Coppertop Tester and RSteven like this.
  8. Finchingfield

My (2nd pressing) Trees cd box arrived today, only took 8 days from the UK, wow, from Fire Records ordered thru Bandcamp...

9. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Ah, will have to check that out..

10. AnalogueAndy

For the benefit of those ordering from Banquet Records, a brief look into their SW London store . .

Get2Me likes this.
  11. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Forum Resident

Yes, another thank you for the Banquet Records tip! My order was dispatched yesterday. Let's see how long it takes to get to sunny, Southern California. :)

Get2Me and RSteven like this.
  12. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Well, mine arrived yesterday. Very swift!

RSteven likes this.
  13. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

i was at my local store yesterday and asked if they had any copies left for a friend who wanted the yellow vinyl and the deluxe CD . they told me that their initial batch sold out within 2 days ( i got lucky ) but their distributor have advised of repress from the label of both that should be available around early June . He then added " hopefully " , not carved in stone .

Coppertop Tester, snkcube and RSteven like this.
  14. wvsteveo

wvsteveo Forum Resident

I ordered CD from Banquet Records on Wednesday, just got notice today (Monday) from Paypal that my payment was refunded.... so maybe they sold out. No information from Banquet.

15. Finchingfield

Ugh, as posted above, I ordered the CD book Wednesday May 5 from Banquet Records. Got an email today it's been cancelled, out of stock, unavailable, argh............. !!!

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  16. Mr. Siegal

Mr. Siegal Forum Resident

just arrived!
    [​IMG]

thanks a lot for the heads up

17. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Forum Resident

It took my copy just 8 days to get from Banquet Records in the UK to my front door in California today. :) Solid packaging too, so it arrived in great shape. I'm a very happy customer!

RSteven likes this.
  18. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

My Nancy Sinatra Deluxe Hardback CD set finally showed up on my doorstep a couple of days ago, well packaged and in good shape. It took about a month to get here, but I am not complaining at all given these circumstances.

19. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

I got my Deluxe book CD this week from Banquet, but was notified that there was a supply problem with the color vinyl. So, I’m not sure if I’ll actually get that.
    The way this stuff seems to be selling , maybe there’s hope for an extensive Nancy Sinatra release campaign!

20. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

Amazon strikes again! I learned today that the Fred Neil 28 McDougal Street CD I preordered months ago was cancelled due to “ lack of stock” .
    Amazon takes the orders whether they can fulfill them or not.
    Luckily I found a copy at aRare-waves at Ebay.

21. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

Well, those comical tricksters from Amazon notified me today they wouldn’t be able to fulfill my Nancy Sinatra book /CD order. What a surprise!

RSteven, Bob F and sharedon like this.
  22. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

I’m surprised to hear that, because that’s not what the Amazon liars told me. I received an email asking me to approve a further delay, which I did. Apparently, without my “approval,” the order would have been canceled automatically. Order status is now: “Not yet shipped: We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.” (Yesterday, it was: “Arriving by 10 p.m.”)

I have no illusions that I will ever see this $13.29 order fulfilled by Amazon (and I have since acquired the Book+CD from elsewhere for a realistic price), but I’m curious how long it will remain active from the world’s largest crooked music retailer. I do notice there’s one “collectible” available for USD $149.98, if anyone’s interested…

Nancy Sinatra - Start Walkin' 1965-1976 - Amazon.com Music

Oh, and in a separate email yesterday… Amazon reminded me that the CD was AutoRip eligible, and I should “play or download the MP3 version for FREE.” Of course, if I do that, they will collect the MP3 price if or when the order is finally canceled. No thanks.

RSteven and sharedon like this.
  23. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I got the same email asking me to approve the delay. I really doubt that Amazon will ever fulfill these orders. I did download the mp3 files when I first ordered the disc, which was prior to Amazon's supposed release date even though the disc was actually already available. If they try to charge me for the download without sending me physical product I will contact customer service and, in typical Amazon fashion, I assume they will simply issue me a credit to offset the charge. It isn't my fault they cannot complete the order, and I did not order mp3 files. That I downloaded said files when they promised they were "free" with the purchase of the physical disc isn't my error; they should disable downloading until the disc is available to ship if they want to avoid situations like these.

Shawn, RSteven and Bob F like this.
  24. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Same Amazon situation for me. I was going to stubbornly hang on, but I just cancelled the order - at long last. I don't know if it's Amazon's fault or LITA's, and there are worse problems in the world, but though I'd have gladly supported the release with my dough, at this point I'm just going to keep streaming it, instead.

25. Finchingfield

I have to laugh. I ordered the CD/book thru Banquet Records UK on 5-5-21, they said it was 'in stock', and charged my credit card. 5 days later they cancelled the order 'out of stock and unavailable', and reversed the credit card charge. Lucky for me the £ to $ exchange rate dropped in my favor, and I received a grand total of 78¢ for doing nothing / my troubles. Good thing the exchange rate didn't move against me, I would have been quite hissed off at that...

sharedon likes this.