Nancy Sinatra Reissue Campaign via Light In The Attic [Coming 2021]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FJFP, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I just received an email from Amazon UK to say my estimated delivery date of 26 March has been brought forward to 26 February, next Friday!

FJFP, johnnybrum and pghmusiclover like this.
  2. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Got mine today and played the songs I am most familiar with. Have bought an awful lot of pressings of her various albums as they are generally well recorded, so I’m pretty familiar with how things should sound. First, they took this project serious as they had it pressed at RTI. I was very concerned about the colored vinyl. Have to say, in my experience it’s almost a guarantee it is going to be a noisy ride. Mine were beautifully pressed, flat and very quiet! What a nice surprise! The sound isn’t absolutely the very best I’ve heard, but it is very good and likely to beat a copy you just randomly picked up without looking for a specific matrix number you knew was good. I have a couple of first pressings and this isn’t going to beat that, plus it’s a compilation so that makes getting the absolute sound a lot harder, but I’ve heard it done on occasion. It does sound digitally sourced, unfortunately, but it is still overall a very well mastered album. One odd thing I would be interested in hearing comments about: the songs seem to be ever so slightly slow. I am very sensitive to that issue, and I would bet it’s just barely off. Like 33.1 instead of 33.3. My VPI Prime table has been off that little before so I know what that sounds like. It isn’t enough to ruin it at all, just barely enough I can tell.

The packaging is first rate, and I got number 501 out of 1000. Can’y imagine this won’t sell out. The book inside is beautiful! Great interviews and photos.

The vinyl package is a must buy for any fan imo. And I love now owning her 70’s material like Hook & Ladder on vinyl. Hope some others share their opinion, and enjoy getting this!

3. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast Thread Starter

Honestly, that final side and the booklet are what are tempting me as I've been umming and ahhing on this set. If the booklet is great, then on the birthday list it goes!

pghmusiclover likes this.
  4. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I need to thank you for starting this thread as I would not have even been aware of this. You should really try and get one before they run out. Prices for stuff like this are through the roof on the secondary market once it runs out. Due to the coloring if they run it again, my bet is it will be on black vinyl. I didn’t really discuss the color as I am just not a fan...I’ve had so much back luck with colored vinyl being a complete mess, full of pops and clicks (thought I admit it’s been getting better) but they really hit it out of the park with the colors used on both discs. It really compliments the whole package.

Regarding mastering, it has that tricky working: mastered using the tapes....but they could be transferred digital files so it’s hard to say. My ears say it’s digital, but again, it’s awfully close to my better mastered copies and most are not going to notice (or care). I hope it sells out, if it hasn’t already, and they are successful with the upcoming three titles. I love her hits, but not a big fan of her albums as such. I own them because they are fun to have, and who doesn’t like the covers! But I really only play her compilation. I was at my favorite used vinyl store recently and got an import of her greatest hits...unbelievable!!! My friend became a fan just because our jaws hit the ground when we got back and put in on the turntable. They clearly used the original tapes to compile it, and that is even compared to a first run US copy that wasn’t as good. I always wonder why other countries sometimes get the masters and US companies can’t seem to be bothered to do use the same.

Anyway...if on the fence, get one now while they are regular price! You’ll love the book.

stefane, FJFP and Record Rotator like this.
  5. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Nancy's Start Walkin' upcoming CD box set has now been discounted almost 50% by Amazon US to a price of $13.29. I call it a steal at that price. :agree:

6. FJFP

I’m after the black vinyl version to be honest, as I just find it more ascetically pleasing, and that isn’t out generally until late March if I’m not mistaken?

I’m also curious which import compilation you got? I’ve got the UK 1971 ‘Nancy’s Greatest Hits” with the Pink cover, and it’s pretty decent, but with only 11 songs it’s barely enough.

7. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

The UK release date has been brought forward to this Friday, 26 Feb.

FJFP and RSteven like this.
  8. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Oh oh...doesn’t sound like it’s selling well. Although I think these days a product like this sells better on vinyl.

9. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I think it has a black cover and I had not seen it before. I only got it because it was a first press and incredibly mint. So, just took a chance as sometimes it pays off. And it did in spades, except curiously it’s missing Summer Wine and one other big hit, which is very odd. I have had numerous copies of the pink.

FJFP likes this.
  10. MoonPanda

MoonPanda Forum Resident

There's no mention of the book. Could there be a regular jewel box version? This almost seems too good to be true...

RSteven likes this.
  11. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Well, the regular price was over $24.00, and I am not aware of any plain jewel box version other than the one with the booklet. I think this is the one with the book in it. CD's sells have been plummeting lately, so this could just be an adjustment to this weaker sales environment for the format, especially for an artist that has not been in the public eye for sometime.

12. MoonPanda

MoonPanda Forum Resident

Thanks for bringing it to our attention! I have to give it a go!

RSteven likes this.
  13. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

Not sure , its not even out in the rest of the world , the CD version is half the price of vinyl so i am certain th
    well the thing is not even out in the Rest of the World and i am sure there is a demand for it ie the CD ( well me to start with ) , its a good price , you have the book and Nancy is kinda like a pop icon in some countries
    Amazon algorythms are sometimes weird .
    Light in the Attic never does jewel case by the way

Echo likes this.
  14. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

CD buyers take note:

There are TWO CD versions listed at LITA—a standard edition in Digipak with 40-page booklet ($15), and a Deluxe edition housed in 7″ × 7″ hardcover 64-page book ($20). The Deluxe version is now SOLD OUT.

As for the low Amazon price, here is what I posted at Sinatra Family Forum

15. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

Thanks for the clarification. another reason to buy this at my local store to be sure with what i am getting

RSteven likes this.
  16. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

The Deluxe Edition CD is absolutely worth the price!

RSteven likes this.
  17. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

My copy showed up today. The packaging is cool and the vinyl color looks awesome. Unfortunately my copy is off center on side 1. I’ve listened about halfway through side 1 and it isn’t bugging me. It does sound quite good.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Jrr and RSteven like this.
  18. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I need to correct something I wrote. I mentioned it sounded sourced from digital files. Compared to my best copies it still sounds that way, but I have read that in fact it was mastered from the original tapes. And, in fact it does sound good. The tapes are getting old, so perhaps that’s why my best vintage copies of these songs sound a bit better but these still sound fine.

19. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

The black vinyl was supposed to arrive today and Amazon just emailed to say pushed back to 12 March. The regular release schedule for this is a bit of a mess.

FJFP, johnnybrum and dlemaudit like this.
  20. FJFP

I'm hoping to get an order in with banquet, but they state April 6th on their website...

21. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I wouldn’t be too concerned, though it’s disappointing when you’re excited and others are getting it. Look at the big Taylor Swift editions of Folklore. This is happening with most anticipated releases where they get pushed back 4-8 weeks.

22. FJFP

This came in a circle - I saw on Instagram there’s a mention in the booklet about Nancy talking to Taylor.

Jrr likes this.
  23. A great collection and a nice LP vinyl package. Sound is ok but nowhere near as good as the original Reprise records and that’s a shame.

Jrr likes this.
  24. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I’ve only got the first 2 Lee & Nancy albums on vinyl and her greatest hits (the one with the pink background and she’s in a white outfit). They all sound pretty decent so won’t rush to upgrade them but there are a ton of singles on this I’d like on vinyl and I’m not a fan of 45s in general so this collection is definitely a good deal. The LITA Lee Hazelwood albums I have all sound great.

25. Yeah the Hazelwood LITA issues do sound really good but I’m afraid this Nancy aren’t as good sounding as those. Not sure why ?

Porkpie likes this.