Narcos - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stuguy, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I just finished Season 3 a couple months ago. Really kept the quality up, IMO. Bring on Season 4.

2. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

El Chapo S3 is out. That’s 3 seasons in 14 months.

3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Another awesome Narcos season!

4. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Just finished bingeing season 3, loved it.

5. Escobar escaped not long before his death. A couple of years, at most.

The first cellphone I ever saw was from around 1988 or 1989. Owned by a retired LA undercover narcotics cop, as it happens. (Medically retired. His double life had gotten to him.) The phone was the size of a portable CB radio, with a pushbutton dial on it. He told me "I can call Moscow on this." I was thinking, well, may be.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  6. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

Through three episodes of S4, I'm finding it a bit "by the numbers" so far.

7. Just started season four - two episodes in and it is looking good. I need the soundtrack CD for the first 3 seasons if there has been one - love the main theme.

turnersmemo likes this.
  8. You all are referring to Narcos: Mexico, right? That’s a prequel to Narcos.

Frederick Mars likes this.
  9. Yes correct.

10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Season 3, my friend. There is presently no season 4 of “Narcos”.

Frederick Mars and Shawn like this.
  11. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Narcos Mexico is technically the 4th Season. Same actors appear from before.

Frederick Mars and GodShifter like this.
  12. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Narcos: Mexico is generally considered Season 4

GodShifter likes this.
  13. I look at the title as more like there's different CSI shows. Narcos: Mexico takes place in - wait for it - Mexico, while Narcos focused on Columbia. It wouldn't surprise me if Netflix developed a show like Narcos: Afghanistan (looking at the heroin trade in the 1970's, for example).

14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

My bad. There are, indeed, three previous seasons. 2 dealing with Escobar and one with the Cali cartel.

Brenald79 likes this.
  15. Narcos is inspiring many Spanish teenagers to be Escobar's wannabes, that's crazy. I've heard some teenagers say here "why going to Collegue and spend the whole day working when there are easier ways to make money?".
    People like Escobar should be FORGOTTEN.

16. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I'm about three episodes from the end. It's really good and Michael Pena is amazing.

Gavinyl likes this.
  17. Henry Ford (a teetotaler) had the same complaint in the 1920s and early 1930s, about Hollywood glamorizing gangsters during the era of alcohol Prohibition in the USA.

The problem is the current regime of drug laws. Not media portrayals of the criminal monopoly on the drug trade enabled and empowered by a capricious and unenforceable regime of prohibition.

You deserve ample credit for observing that teenagers- practically all of them male- are strongly attracted to the fast money and other perks of the illicit trade in preference to staying in school and concentrating on learning useful scholastic skills. Almost everyone in the USA still talks about the youth drug problem as if it were entirely a problem of drug use, rather than a phenomenon that has much of its social harm connected to teenagers staffing the retail trade in an illicit market. Many people imagine that the main reason for keeping drugs illegal is to "save the youth." They don't get that it's very often easier for minors to obtain illegal drugs than adults, and that it's often easier for teenage drug users to purchase illegal drugs than alcohol or tobacco. Because their teenage peers are the ones running portable retail outlets, and no one is licensed and required to demand a credible ID with proof of age from buyers.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  18. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

New season is great so far!

Awesome cast, the Latin actors they find are truly doing amazing job. Don Neto is incredible character.

Diego Luna, too, excellent show.

turnersmemo likes this.
  19. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Great show. Wasn’t an advance location scout for the Mexico series killed one or two years ago?

20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Yeah that happened last year.

21. While scouting in Mexico for Season 4, yes.

I would have already started this season but I'm waiting in the wife. Boooo!

22. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

Great series - almost as good as Narcos season 3...

23. Mychkine

Mychkine Forum Resident

Didn't like Narcos - Mexico. Screenplay is sometimes confusing, some cheesy moments, looks like a mix between Narcos S01 and a bad telenovela.
    For example, the opening action scene from episode 08, clearly inspired by a sequence shot in True Detective S01, is lame.
    And acting is not that good, imho.

24. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I enjoyed Narcos until the season that began after Escobar's death. It was a drop in quality, new characters didn't connect and failed to hold my interest. I also enjoyed El Chapo until the 3rd season was suffering the same fate.

25. Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman Forum Resident

I was just reading the whole thread and I can’t believe some people really liked Wagner Moura’s acting as Pablo on the first 2 seasons. I mean, yeah, he was a good actor but his spanish was so GD awful it was distracting. I’m a native spanish speaker so maybe it annoys me more than it does with americans, but seriously, his spanish was a-w-f-u-l, like, really annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.