Nashville - new ABC drama

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I think it gets better and better. I like the music (especially the "duos") more than I thought I would and the acting isn't bad.

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

For me, it helps that I genuinely like a lot of modern country music, and that I live close enough to Nashville to visit from time to time. I recognize a lot of the backdrops on the show. I agree that the actors in the cast can pull off the singing aspect of their roles pretty well. I liked the duet this week between Rayna and her ex-boyfriend quite a bit. It certainly doesn't hurt that T-Bone Burnett is the musical director of the show.

3. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Connie Britton's the show. Put someone else in the role, I'm not interested, at all. She's really gotten more attractive as she gotten older.

The show? It's ok. I see echoes of that Gwyeth Paltrow movie Country Strong, a little of River Phoenix movie, Thing Called Love.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

That's a good point - the central premise of Nashville is basically the same as that of Country Strong. It's a classic showbiz story.

Connie Britton is obviously the pillar on which the show rests, but I also like the guy who plays Deacon?, her ex-boyfriend/bandleader, and also the blonde waitress at the Bluebird who writes "poems, not songs." Hayden Panettiere is not bad in a role that could easily devolve into caricature.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  6. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I have really liked this show more the last few weeks. I think the actress playing Scarlett is going to be a big star. And it's fun for me to see a scene shot in some remote part of Nashville and know exactly where it is.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Notice quite a bit was shot during the downtown construction as well. (Been finished for quite a while now to you outsiders). Also noticed how Metro wouldn't lend a squad car, but staff managed to replicate the uniforms (very easily done since I have a son in the Sheriff's Dept., and have been shopping with him).

8. ted321

ted321 Forum Resident

9. Myke

10. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I had the pleasure of meeting Hayden P once, and she's quite beautiful in person. And a natural one at that. I'm not that big on the show but I do like some of the music. The first song performed by the guy & girl team at the end of the pilot(?) was a really beautiful song.

11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Well almost natural.

12. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I was referring to her face :)

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

(chortle)

14. agentalbert

The entire cast is great, but I'm really impressed with the guy who plays Deacon. I remember him from The Office and Big Love, but I think he's a standout on Nashville.

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I wasn't!:pineapple:

16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

This show bounced back from the holiday hiatus with one of its stronger episodes, I thought. Connie Britton continues to kill it, and I like the character of the shy young songwriter girl (Scarlet?). Also, the "Avery sells out with the pop producer in Atlanta" and "Deacon goes on tour with a big rock band" subplots were pretty funny this week.

17. benjaminhuf

benjaminhuf Forum Resident

Like this show. It's my new guilty pleasure. I've only watched two episodes, but so far I feel like it's a thumbs up. Some good music imho, and I'm not even a country music fan outside of Patsy Cline and a few others....The drama is at times silly and cliched, but well enough done that it still mostly works imho.

18. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Every time "Boss Tweed" is on the screen, I just wanna send this show back to the hell reserved for Dynasty and Falcon Crest. It's the only plot thread that really loses it for me.

Now playing on http://www.arielstream.com/]Ariel Stream[/URL]: Afro Celt Sound System - Amber

19. benjaminhuf

The songs for the show are produced by T Bone Burnett. In other words, that largely explains to me why the songs are mostly good. Here's an example, Fade Into You:

20. agentalbert

I think they've spent too much time on the political campaign, but in the last episode the focus was mostly on the musicians, so that was good. The weakest character has to be the dullard QB husband of Juliet. I'm okay with the impulsive marriage of the good boy as it seems like something a young singer would convince herself is a good idea, but I hope he's not long for the show.

benjaminhuf likes this.
  21. benjaminhuf

Here's a slice Undermine, which is one of my favorite songs from the show. In the show the song was written by the character Deacon Claybourne, played by Charles Esten. You might recognize him from the comedy show Whose Line Is it Anyway....

22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

tried to like it.....no way...:shake:

23. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Well, I have to say the this show has been going downhill quickly for quite a while. But this season's premiere episode was absolutely unbearable!!!
    Overwrought & overdone. I dumped the series from my DVR. Just god awful...:hurl:

24. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

Ok, we've all known it's a soap opera but the music was good. This season, the music is not good so not sure how long I will be watching.

25. Myke

I can't watch ( ironic huh ? ). Comcrap is so zoomed in on the ABC affiliate here, it's literally unwatchable. Even OnDemand ( which is in the proper aspect ratio, for NBC and CBS ). :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.