NBC "Debris"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lonson, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Watching episode 2 on my DVR tonight and man this episode is awful. Not looking good right now.

Shawn likes this.
  2. Yeah, it was pretty bad. It’s one of those sci-fi on the surface but with seemingly obligatory drama touches (people miss their gone children, husband wants his wife back) that make it intolerable to me. I deleted the scheduled upcoming recordings.

JohnG likes this.
  3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

yeah that was enough for me, unless someone here says 'holy crap, this show has really sparked up', I am done.

Shawn likes this.
  4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I didn’t think the first episode was that good. But I decided to not judge on just one episode so I watched this weeks episode tonight. It didn’t get any better. As I said before I doubt I’ll continue with this one.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  5. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

From Monday's episode I felt they're relying too much on alien ship debris phenomenon (special effects) to create too much mystery to keep track of if ever this phenomenon has an arc to an explanation. They really do need to explain at least a back story between first seeing the alien ship up to how the pilot makes everyone seem nonchalant about the weird stuff that is happening from this debris. It's going to get pretty tiresome if it just keeps having these scenes where the dialog is..."Can you believe what is happening?" It makes me want to scream at the TV...

"Yeah! We see it too! And we don't believe it either! Get on with doing something about it if you're not going to dig deep enough to explain these other antagonists who have the power to materialize out of nowhere that's going to be hard to remember with all the names when all loose ends are tied. And stop yapping about regrets about misspent personal relationships while gawking at junk defying gravity!"

Scott222C and rockclassics like this.
  6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I was nodding off....I don't know if I wanna re-watch to figure out what I missed!

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

there is a decent premise here, i just don't know where they plan on taking it.

if it goes the way of the totally wretched 'manifest' and they never answer ANY questions for 2 season it will be off my radar rather quickly.

episode 2 did seem to answer a couple of things rather quickly, we'll see, i'm not done yet. my wife is out BTW :shrug:

Tim Lookingbill and marmalade166 like this.
  8. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

You don’t. Go listen to some good music instead.

vince likes this.
  9. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Digital broadcasts don’t travel as far as the old analog transmissions, and you either receive them or you don’t. Gone are the days when you had the option of watching a program through a thin veil of snow. Antennas are good in major cities and plains states, but in an area like I live with a lot of hills and valleys you’ll be lucky to pick up a station or two. Buying an antenna is a waste of time here.

As far as Debris goes, I’m a big fan of Fringe but I’m not going to waste my time on a show that’s just going to get canceled too soon.

Shawn and rockclassics like this.
  10. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I agree. I was hoping the second episode would be better than the first and more informative.
    But it just added more BS (clones, metal being moved with no explanation, etc) until it's
    quickly becoming totally unable to spell out what the heck is going on.
    Plus, I have to turn on my closed captioning because I can't understand half of what the
    female lead is saying. It must be her British accent, but it has become very annoying.

11. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

Apparently the ratings aren't too good for antenna standards, the show might not make it to season 2

12. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Watched the first episode...it was an OK set up, a little too much explaining instead of letting the story unfold.
    Felt a LOT like Fringe. Will stick with it for awhile as I liked the cast and basic premise.

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

new TV shows that have nary a single actor that is known to anyone is usually a pretty bad sign.

you know that more well known actors read the script (or their agents did) and turned the show down for a reason.

14. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

That’s no even close to the truth!

Shawn likes this.
  15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

no?

enlighten me please, i really thought that what i said was how it was.

16. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I'd say a lot of people know Jonathan Tucker...if not by name by face.

audiomixer likes this.
  17. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

Watch Torchwood.

A much better show with a similar premise.

Curveboy likes this.
  18. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Enlighten yourself on current actors doing television series. Not actors from the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's.

19. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Torchwood is incredible.

Bhob likes this.
  20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

thank you for your help

:tiphat:

21. Woah slow down there, the 90’s? That’s considered the future around these parts!

;)

22. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I watched the first two episodes so far. I thought Episode 2 was better than some of the comments here but I agree the show is far from perfect. Anyway, I'm going to give last night's episode a viewing soon so I'm still in for now.

23. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

Me too...for now.

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

This isn't amazing, so far, but neither is it hideous. I'm hanging on for now...episode 3 queued up.

25. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

We’ve watched the first three episodes and were definitely on the fence.
    Want to like it, this type of premise usually interests us, but so far it’s not clicking.
    It is kind of cool to see the local backdrops (much of it was filmed within 5 minutes of home, now I know why the local streets were shut down).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.