NBC "Debris"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lonson, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

I thought the 3rd episode was pretty good. I'll stick with it awhile longer.

2. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I'm really enjoying this. I like the slower methodical paced approach. It's almost believable. :agree:

Maseman66 likes this.
  3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I watched episode 3 tonight. It was much better than the first 2 episodes....the best one so far. This one seemed to provide a bit more explanation as to what happened and why. The story eluded to being based on the Bermuda Triangle theory which has always fascinated me.

I am going to hang in with the show a bit longer but it is still on a week to week basis.

audiomixer likes this.
  4. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Well I missed episode 3 last Monday on March 15th. I think I was taking a nap. Not sure. Now I have to find out what I missed.

And in doing so I found the wiki on this series that really explains the
    previous episodes in a way that made me understand more of what is going
    on than what I gleamed from watching it.

Here's the wiki on "Debris"

<i>Debris</i> (TV series)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    rockclassics likes this.
  5. rockclassics

Thanks for posting this. I read the Wiki on the show. But unfortunately the descriptions for episodes 1 and 2 didn't help much to explain a lot for me.

Also noticed the ratings and number of viewers continues to drop each week. Not surprised and not a good sign for the future of the show.

Tim Lookingbill likes this.
  6. audiomixer

There are plenty of ways to catch up on the missed episode. The Peacock app is free.

7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

I haven't watched it, but based on the comments here, I won't.

8. audiomixer

Don’t believe everything you read.

Curveboy likes this.
  9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i was about to quit on 'debris'. i had episode 3 on DVR and hadn't watched it, decided to this morning. a bit better, i'll give another week, but this show is definitely on a week by week basis right now.

rockclassics likes this.
  10. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Agree Episode 3 was good. Definitely watching for the foreseeable future.

audiomixer likes this.
  11. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

They're +/- but mostly 'hopeful' for better episodes - I don't have the time.

12. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

The fourth episode was definitely using the slow methodical approach but I find myself really enjoying it. Not really like anything else I can recall.

Does anyone know if this show is airing in the U.K.? Is the female lead a star over there? It might help it get renewed if it has a worldwide audience.

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

watched episode 4, removed from the DVR.

14. audiomixer

It’s about time.

rjp likes this.
  15. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I don't hate this show, but isn't it going to be one of those series where one weird thing with no conclusion/resolution repeats over and over again?
    Then in the final season there's an unsatisfying finale with more questions than answers? I guess that's the nature of the genre, and moreover it's a way to generate revenue and give the cast/crew another credit on their resume.

Blair G. likes this.
  16. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

After a promising 3rd episode, episode was a bore. I think I'm done

rockclassics likes this.
  17. rockclassics

Watched episode 4 tonight. I had high hopes since last weeks episode was pretty good. But no. This one is back in the ditch....maybe the worst one yet.

Maseman66 likes this.
  18. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Watched episode 3 and I'm back to the Fringe comparison...

It seems like a simple concept; alien ship, debris, chaos on Earth...but already we're reaching into other dimensions?

I'm still watching but don't see how they sustain this; I really wish the US would get on board with shorter seasons or more limited series. Why not "Debris: A 10 episode limited series."

Rachael Bee likes this.
  19. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I think I'm done now. Whatever the return is going to be is not worth the time investment.

20. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I've watched the first 3 episodes. If it doesn't start improving soon, I'll jump off Debris.

21. forthlin

I think I'm done with this one. There's a cool effect or interesting occurrence followed by 14 minutes of sheer boredom. That ratio doesn't work for me.

rockclassics likes this.
  22. rockclassics

I watched this weeks episode last night. This show is not getting any better. They seem to be getting more into subplots that continue from one episode to the next.

forthlin likes this.
  23. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

We’re the same, watched the two most recent episodes last night. Just can’t get into it. Seems to be wandering a bit.
    Really doesn’t help that the two lead characters don’t connect in my opinion and can’t say I care for the actors or their roles. That usually kills it for me

rockclassics and forthlin like this.
  24. forthlin

I agree, and I can't tell if it's poor writing, poor acting, or perhaps a bit of both?

Blair G. and rockclassics like this.
  25. It’s actually pretty good.

I think their fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.