NBC's Manifest

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bachtoven, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, that show never made any sense. I think there were plot details they actually forgot about and never explained. Heroes is another one of those.
    Well, the 2-hour wrap-up was my idea. I think at the moment their plan is to actually do an entire 4th season of Manifest and try to wrap everything up in 10-12 episodes.

My suggestion of the 2-hour movie came from what they did with the NBC show Timeless, about the time-traveling scientists from 2020 who were fighting a battle with a rival time-traveling team who was wreaking havoc in the past. The best they could work was only a 2-hour movie, but they actually wrapped it up pretty effectively.

sixtiesstereo and rjp like this.
  2. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I've watched about seven episodes of Season 1, and I'm glad to know I don't have to waste any more time on it!

JohnK

rockclassics likes this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

you missed nothing

for 3 consecutive years they ended every single show promising a big reveal next week that NEVER happened.

4. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Only about half that. Only 42 episodes (16+13+13) at ~42 min each = ~30 hours.

rjp likes this.
  5. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Having watched them all that makes me feel better.

Vidiot likes this.
  6. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

I recently binge watched this show not knowing the backstory or that it would end abruptly. I hate myself for having given uphowever many hours of my life I wasted on it. I really should stick with self-contained books and movies and avoid these ridiculous series.

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yep.

the thing about 'manifest' is that not only did ever move forward at all, the acting was bad, the writing was bad, in fact, there really wasn't anything about it that was good.

and most kid actors are bad, but the kid in this show was especially bad.

8. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I’ve been kinda meh about Manifest, but I really enjoyed Timeless. I was bummed it got chopped, but that 2 hr movie was a nice surprise and I agree, it rounded things up nicely.

On the other hand, my wife loves Manifest. Any idea on the 4th season or 2 hr movie?

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think anything and everything is on the table right now. If Netflix is interested and they can make a deal, I'm guessing Manifest could be back in six months. If there's an announcement, I'll try to post it.

pool_of_tears likes this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

rjp likes this.
  11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

don't the people clamoring for this show to keep going know that there are no answers....none....zero.....zilch.....the writers, actors and producers are pushing this because it is an easy easy paycheck.

and no one on earth ever will hire that kid to be in anything ever again, not a worse actor in TV history. and the girl and guy leads ar enothing to write home about either.

agree with the above MAKE IT STOP.

Vidiot likes this.
  12. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

So who's coming to both of your houses and forcing you to watch if it returns?
    This show is living in your head, rent-free.

Silken and tonyc like this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, it's just haaaaaaarible. But we invested four years in watching the ****ing thing so now we have to stick with it to the bitter end, just to know what the hell is going on!

14. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Haha, I wasn't heartbroken when it was canceled, even with the cliffhanger ending. I thought it was mildly entertaining. But yeah, I'll watch it if it comes back.

Vidiot likes this.
  15. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I'll watch if it comes back on NBC but it seems like now it is going to be on Netflix only and I'm not buying that.

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

We will hate-watch it and complain the entire time.

Scowl likes this.
  17. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

When did I ever say I hated it?

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

We hate it. We don't care if other people like it. To us, it's a terrible show, but we'll hate-watch it.

rockclassics likes this.
  19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

oh, i hat it, most of all because a well-acted well-scripted 'stumptown' got canceled and this crap got 2 more years.

20. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

I thought the first episode was good but it was all downhill from there. IMO the screenwriters used too many well worn ideas. It lost it edge fast.

21. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

22. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

23. rjp

rjp Senior Member

24. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I might watch the final episode. But other than that.... no.

25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

nope, they will use the final episode to set up the movie that will finally give us answers.

right?

rockclassics likes this.