DCC Archive Need Some Help with Fleetwood Mac

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TommyTunes, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

My favorite Mac album is Then Play On. I have but american pressings (with Oh Well and Without), but I have only ever seen one UK issue. I know that Oh Well was never added to the UK edition but the only copies that I have ever found have a Grey cover with Fleetwood Mac and Then Play On on it. The back cover has the group in a field.

1. Was the UK ever issued in the cover with the painting of the rider on the horse?
    2. Was the UK issued on either a Reprise 3 Tone or 2 Tone label?
    3. Was the UK ever issued in MONO?

If any of these conditions any true can anyone especially any of the British members help me get one? I would also love to get Mono copies of their 1st album and Mr. Wonderful lp's however condition is very important.

2. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

According to Record Collector, "Then Play On" was released in Stereo as RSLP 9000 in a gatefold sleeve. I think most of the PYE pressed/distributed titles (RSLP) came with a tri-color label. No mono release is listed and usually Record Collector is correct about such things. It was reissued in a single sleeve in 7/71 as K44103 with “white titles on black background”. In the same discography "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac" is was given a mono release but not "Mr. Wonderful" in the UK.

3. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

Mr. Wonderful was released in mono in the U.K., I saw one on ebay but got sniped at the last minute :(
    As far as Then Play On, Oh Well (both parts) have -only- been released in mono, regardless of what the label sez. I understand this was Christine McVie's first recording session with the band (she plays piano).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.