Neil Gaiman's Sandman to be a Netflix Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veltri, Jul 1, 2019.

1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

They both look like difficult individuals to be around.

raye_penber likes this.
  2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Why is he Lord Lucifer and not Lady Lucifer? Those days were definitely binary.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I thought the third season of AG fell apart because Ostra left the show with her producer friend. Season two built up to a great climax then it went flat.

Here's season two climate:

Wednesday turns to Shadow and asks if he has faith. Shadow asks for a third time for Wednesday to tell him who he is. Wednesday recites some of his many names to Shadow before finally revealing himself to be Odin. He commands Ostara to show the New Gods who she really is. Easter steps forward and lifts her arms to the air, bringing a change in the wind and clearing the thunderclouds. She takes away the spring, causing life to retreat underground throughout the country as it returns to its winter state. Mr. World tells Wednesday he has his war. Wednesday announces the believers and non-believers can have their spring back when they pray for it.

AND THEN WHAT? Then never address the "taking away spring" issue again! They glaze over it. I thought this war was what two seasons was building up to? Someone help me on this one.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  4. raye_penber

raye_penber .

Continuity was a mess, for obvious reasons, but if you take the third season in isolation (omitting one terrible episode) it manages to be both compelling and taut, ironing out the tonal disparity between both prior seasons, finally feeling like a cohesive show (greatly preferred season 3 over 2 - but that’s just me).

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I should rewatch it. Maybe skip and episode. lol. It was delightfully strange.

raye_penber likes this.
  6. raye_penber

raye_penber .

Do it. I ALWAYS skip that one episode (the one with zero story and plot advancement - you know the one).

7. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Yes, I'd heard that, but to give just one example the comic image of Death is so iconic (to me at least) that to veer from that threw me out of the moment. Although I haven't read all the comics, so maybe the Endless change appearances over the series run? I would guess not, however.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Lucy Fur.

9. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I admit that I was upset about Death at first, mainly because I had a 'crush' on the original Death character. I got over it almost immediately because she was so good.

Uncle Miles and coffeetime like this.
  10. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

11. MrCJF

MrCJF Best served with coffee and cake.

The language is binary, which is why I pointed out Desire - explicitly identified as non-binary in the original - being addressed as 'sister' by the Endless family. Something carried over to the TV show despite more modern language being available these days.

12. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member