Neil Young announces upcoming 10 disc Archives release on Blu-ray Nov. 3, 2008*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by musiclover56, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

No it doesn't. Be happy that us fans got a box set. If it such an ego thing, why is Kind Woman on it? Explain that to me. :confused:

Why does every song need to be on a box set to define a band? Much of last Time Around isn't really a unified Springfield effort. If there are songs you like that aren't on thje box then you can always seek out the separate albums.

2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

When it's a four disc box set devoted to a band that made three albums, I think it's reasonable to expect that the contents of all three albums should be there. It's kind of silly to omit them when they had the space.

3. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I see what you mean but since Neil posesses the Springfield tapes and owns the rights (if i am not mistaken) he can do what he wants, as much as some dislike it. :)

This whole ego thing...everyone has an ego. Certain people have an ego problem. Big difference.

4. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

This is why ya don't count yer chickens til they hatch! No big deal that it was delayed again.

5. mrbillswildride

mrbillswildride Internet Asylum Escapee 2010, 2012, 2014

I own the individual Cds, and Lps, have for years... but, as per Squealy, a three album band puts out a four Cd box set with room to spare, why not have the four missing track there to make it complete? Only one man stopped that from happening, and no matter how you slice it, only one reason why that one man did so, his ego. As for Kind Woman, I don't know, maybe he liked it, but not In The Hour of Not Quite Rain, (I :love: them both) to each his own, but really, for the price, and us buying loads of this stuff again (the Lps, then the Cds, now these...), he should have let the fans have it all, thanks Neil... way to dictate heir dictatoe...Shakey indeed :shake:

:cheers:

6. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

No, Atlantic owns whatever Buffalo Springfield recordings that the group gives them access to, and Neil posesses SOME session tapes, but other tapes(not presently available to the group or Atlantic) are held by Buffalo Springfield co-manager Charles Greene, and his asking price has, to date been too high.

7. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

What tapes are those Phil?

8. zejt

zejt New Member

In 2005 Reprise gave Neil gobs of money for a multi-album deal, anyone have the details of that contract. From what I recall the Archives where part of that deal. thanks

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

We've crossed 1,000 posts here. Time to close this thread. A second one will be started in a jiffy.

10. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.