Neil Young Archives II pricing & Shipping

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Electric Sydney, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

My box is supposed to come tomorrow but I don't know.. usually UPS is reliable but usually they scan the item at least once along the 2000 mile journey. Got my fingers crossed, tho!

Excited for the others getting theirs.. I never thought I'd see the day. 11 year wait!

2. LoveandTheft

LoveandTheft Forum Resident

I got the same response email today but my order status remains 'Unfulfilled'; i originally asked for an ETA for shipping but i have a different definition of 'immediately shipping'..:)

3. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I emailed the UK store and had the same response as @Maanslag so I emailed back to them:

"Hi, thanks for your response. What I cannot understand is that this response has come from Warner, the supplier is Warner so how come the same company cannot coordinate it's own internal release?

I suggest you pass this message further up the chain of command because someone at Warner is not doing their job.

I had the same issue with the Tom Petty Wallflowers release. It took Warners 12 days after the day of release to send my order."

I have had no response to that message, no surprise there, if I do I will post it on here.

Thanks to @bobcat for the link to get the downloads, at least I now have those. A question, is it possible to copy the files to DVD and get Hi-Rez playback when playing the DVD? Thanks in advance for any response.

bobcat likes this.
  4. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Also, thanks due to the Neil Young archives support team.

I wrote to them to tell them what was going on.

They responded that "Unfortunately, we (the Archives team) aren't able to resolve this for you ourselves" but also said "We have raised these issues with the Greedy Hand team and hope they will be resolved shortly."

It must have helped but I still await - and I suspect I am not alone - the subscription code and, lest I forget, the actual boxset....

richierichie likes this.
  5. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

I know of 2 solutions.
    Can your DVD player(blu ray) play audio files (flac, wav)? If so, you can burn them on a DVD rom. Please note that your DVD player may be limited as to the resolution of the audio files (16 bit or 24 bit, 48, 96 or 192 kHz) or limited as to the output to your audio system.
    If you cannot play audio files, you can burn a DVD Audio (DVDA) with special software. The software I know of (Audio DVD Creator) has a limit of 24bit 96kHz, so you have to convert the NY files. In this case your DVD player must be able to play DVDA and also the output limitations will apply.

richierichie likes this.
  6. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

Yep - I had two emails yesterday - one in response to my raising the issue via the facility in the Greedy Hand website and one using the email addresses that were kindly provided to us. In both instances they requested information THAT I HAD ALREADY SENT THEM in my original requests (Order Number, Date, Email address).

I've replied to both yesterday, and again today for good measure, giving them the information again THAT THEY ALREADY HAVE and I have received SFA back today.

I know - there's a Pandemic and many other things going on (and for good measure my Nan died yesterday, which isn't helping my mood) - but none of this prevented them shipping the sets and sending emails for orders through the US store, so why the hell can't they get this sorted through the UK / EU store (after all, they were able to take the money quickly enough). It's beyond belief. I can accept a delay with the physical set but.......Just.Send.Us.The.Emails so we can download the hi-res in the meantime. Yes - I have access to the music via NYA - but I had that already as an existing subscriber - and I don't WANT to sit at my laptop to hear it. If I did, I wouldn't have shelled out for the set.

Rant over. I don't do it often, and as I said personal circumstances aren't helping my mood - but this is beyond a joke. Apologies for any offence, none intended.

bobcat and richierichie like this.
  7. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I had the same problem but after my second attemp they send me the code within a few hours!!
    No sign of my box , still packing???????

8. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

EU Store/October order: following my 3rd message, I just also received the 1y subscription code.

bobcat and richierichie like this.
  9. Re Canada store.Sent the polite email asking when it will be shipped.They replied “immediately” and will send me tracking number.

10. Booga

Booga Forum Resident

Thanks - I got a response saying "We’re working extra hard to get you your order out as quickly and safely as possible. Due to the current climate our production run has been held up in transit and customs, we now expect that your order will ship next week. We’ll send you an email as soon as your package has been processed. "

They then asked me to confirm that I hadn't received the download code in my junk email, and for all of the above information yet again. I sent it all again yesterday, and haven't heard back since.

Has anyone who ordered from the UK store received the box?

11. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Well, just got a response [from Canada store] with a tracking number which reveals a scheduled delivery for Thursday, but does not appear to have shipped yet but a shipping lable has been created and "Electronic information submitted by shipper". Should be here soon!

LoveandTheft and Alan57 like this.
  12. Syscrusher

Syscrusher Forum Resident

Got the EXACT same email today. I had emailed them yesterday.

Fingers crossed for Thursday

13. Booga

Booga Forum Resident

Just received the download code. Progress.

Squiggsy68 and bobcat like this.
  14. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Ordered from the US store and got my box set delivered to Germany yesterday in the early afternoon. No sign of customs fee...
    Very surprised by the fast delivery. Had to wait more than three weeks for the limited Tom Petty „Wildflowers“ box from the US...
    Can’t believe to have it here after anticipating it for years!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    richierichie and allbrosca like this.
  15. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I just got my tracking details from the Canadian store. My package should arrive Thursday.

16. No. The whole shipment seems to be held up.

bobcat likes this.
  17. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

Was supposed to be today in Michigan...just arrived in Ohio. Hopefully tomorrow!

18. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

I just worked out what SFA means!

You have my sympathy, empathy - and my condolences.

Squiggsy68 likes this.
  19. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Yep. My tracking said today but this afternoon it changed to tomorrow. So that sounds right.

20. LoveandTheft

LoveandTheft Forum Resident

Did the status of your order change from 'unfulfilled' to 'processing' or some other status?; have not seen any movement even though i got the exact email indicating 'immediately shipping' response. Hopefully this indicates that Canadian orders will be shipping this week sometime.

21. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

Things have moved on - download code received, code works, tracks downloaded, currently backing up to one drive, will copy to portable device when I get up in the morning.

On the plus side - the tagging looks good (using mp3tag as a base) so nothing to do there!

Nothing on the NYA subs code though - but as my membership runs till next Sept anyway I'm not going to break sweat on that. Looking forward to some glorious hi-res listening in the morning! Now I've got these I don't mind waiting for the actual box for a few more days quite so much.

Dave Simms and bobcat like this.
  22. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

My status hasn't changed. Still says "confirmed"

23. shadow blaster

shadow blaster Forum Resident

Wrote to Greedy Hand and after two days they replied with my NYA subscription and download code for hi rez files. So that's good. They did not, however, comment at all on shipping the physical set. (EU store.) Oh well, 2 out of 3.....

24. Dave Armstrong

Dave Armstrong Forum Resident

I'm SO sorry about your Nan. The music will ALWAYS be here, but when we lose the pillars of our family, it is DEVASTATING.

Mom passed away nearly 6 years ago, and it seems and feels like it was yesterday.

Best wishes on your box set arriving soon.

bobcat and Squiggsy68 like this.
  25. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Good!

Does your code for the subscription work fine? Because mine is wrong (6-digit long while it should be 8-digit long). NYA replied that they will correct the issue by the end of the week.

The download code worked alright.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    bobcat likes this.