Neil Young Archives II pricing & Shipping

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Electric Sydney, Nov 19, 2020.

1. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Same here. Still packing.

2. windfall

windfall Senior Member

RiRiIII likes this.
  3. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

4. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Re "Patience"....maybe they're trolling us!

richierichie and Frank Field like this.
  5. minne

minne Forum Resident

Finally the download code has arrived from the UK store.

A few initial observations:
    1. The mail arrived in my Spamfolder.
    2. In the instructions to download the files, it says Visit Store.NeilYoungArchives.com. The link behind that address is incorrect. It opens WMG Customer Service . So you should manually go to the store.
    3. Although I selected Download Album, it downloads each file individually, which means you need to click each time to save the file at the desired location
    4. From file nr 84 (Daughters), each file is downloaded twice (or at least you have to click again on Save File). It gets the filename with (1) appended. So I had to save a file 195 times! Fortunately I have 100Mb download, so i took me less than half an hour.
    Now I'm going to listen to check if the files are downloaded OK (which is the fun part of it all)

6. eetu

eetu Forum Resident

Got the patience/apology email. Usually, I don’t mind some delay, but this situation really takes a lot of patience. This is not some indie label struggling with too many orders. This is a major label selling a very expensive box set. Asking for patience is rather upsetting.

Imagine70, RiRiIII and Heart of Gold like this.
  7. Feat21

Feat21 Forum Resident

Did anyone get a set with a small ding on one edge of the box? It's the side to the left of the side with the sticker. Has N G from Young spelled on it.

Seems like way too much not to ask for a replacement.

8. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Same here.

9. Carwhy

Carwhy Forum Resident

Same here.

10. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Same in all Europe, I assume. It should be very embarrassing for a great Label. Everything paid well in advance and in my case with tracked Delivery.

11. Imagine70

Imagine70 Forum Resident

Early days yet. UK/European purchasers of The Stooges Fun House 50th Anniversary LP set from Warners/Rhino/Dig! finally received the box at the end of October - the original release date was advertised as July 17th!

12. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

I'll let you know should my box ever turn up from the UK store.

richierichie, bobcat and Imagine70 like this.
  13. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I`ve sent email #3 to Warner acknowledging that there has been a delay but asking when can I/we expect a shipping date.

That was yesterday, I wonder which will come first the reply or the box?

mestreech likes this.
  14. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

It took them 3 working days to send me the apologies/patience reply. So, first the reply for sure.

15. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I never got the patience email but yesterday I finally got my subscription code.
    The downloadcodes I received two weeks ago after 4 emails!!
    And the box ?? I hope to get it before Christmas.

16. MicSmith

MicSmith Forum Resident

Just had an email confirming my box will ship next week.

bobcat and Biscuit1970 like this.
  17. elbearos

elbearos Forum Resident

Me too

MicSmith and Biscuit1970 like this.
  18. minne

minne Forum Resident

Me too.
    It also said that I should have already received the download code and redemption code for a free 1-year subscription to NYA. After a few e-mails I did receive the download code, but no redemption code.

MicSmith and Biscuit1970 like this.
  19. Carwhy

Carwhy Forum Resident

Email regarding my order from the uk shop

Dear Customer,
    As you may be aware, our shipment of Archives II box sets had been held up in customs.
    We are happy to report that it’s now been released and your order will be shipping next week.
    You should have already received emails with download codes and the redemption code for your
    free 1 year subscription to NYA.

Biscuit1970 likes this.
  20. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Me too! Bloody customs. At least WE do not have to pay them...

Biscuit1970 likes this.
  21. wabrit

wabrit from gardens where we feel secure

Not NYA2 but perhaps indicative of problems fulfilling orders in the UK greedy hand store: my order for RTG is still in "packing" status - turns out this doesn't mean they're very very slow at packing, but that stock hasnt arrived (from the US?) yet.

It seems odd that amazon uk have been shipping this for some time, but GH cant get hold of their own product.

Not using GH again if i can avoid it.

bobcat and richierichie like this.
  22. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Hey, Neil fans ... I ordered (and have received) the limited first edition from the Greedy Hand store -- didn't really want the jumbo box, but it looked like it was going to be the only physical release at the time, so I went for it. Then, a few weeks ago, they rolled out the smaller "second edition" box -- which is what I would have wanted in the first place, since I only got the plain CD version of Archives Vol. 1.

Long story short -- when I get the budget CD version in my hands in March, I'm going to sell the limited one to a fan who missed out. No eBay mark-up, I'll sell it for exactly what I paid for it, plus postage. So if you really wanted that first edition, and can wait until March, keep me in mind. I'd prefer to keep it in the U.S., but I'll ship elsewhere because I ain't payin' for it, lol. I haven't even opened the shipping box yet, and I probably only will to remove my shipping receipt and invoice. I won't use the download codes either, so it will be a "brand new" set.

23. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I originally ordered RTG from Greedy Hand UK Store. Following the release date I enquired when my copy would be shipped, they answered it wasn't released for another week (Nov. 20, 2020). At exactly the same time Amazon where selling RTG £15 cheaper and next day delivery so I cancelled the Greedy Hand order and Amazon delivered RTG the next day.

You're a good man @Sean Murdock.

monkeyboy67 and Glad Man like this.
  24. shadow blaster

shadow blaster Forum Resident

Got this email now.

As you may be aware, our shipment of Archives II box sets had been held up in customs.
    We are happy to report that it’s now been released and your order will be shipping next week.

Fingers crossed then.....

Biscuit1970 likes this.
  25. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Preusmably we (buyers from the UK store) all got the same email but this "held up in customs" excuse sounds a bit dodgy to me since, if I understand correctly, UK-based buyers from the US store have received their box sets already.

Squiggsy68 likes this.