Neil Young – Archives Volume II: 1972–1976 (20th Nov 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Smurr1958, Jun 22, 2020.

1. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Also one thing I missed when I was first looking over that database; there’s apparently a version of the Vol. II take of “Daughters” that has Joan Baez on backing vocals.

ARK, Catbirdman and Heart of Gold like this.
  2. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

I wrote about this several pages back. I too am a bit concerned, but a few thoughts:

It remains to be seen to what extent the "early subscriber" privileges will be honored in the new subscription tier system. Someone asked Neil recently in LTTE and it seemed to be an "oh yeah, forgot about" moment.

I'm not sure they still have a record of early subscribers- or at least can easily separate those out at this point. My account page doesn't have any mention of that classification and doesn't even have a "member since [date]" listed. Only thing is the date of the next auto payment, which really doesn't tell them how long you've been a member.

They do warn that you don't "delete your account" but rather just your subscription. Perhaps if you maintain your account they'll have all that info of when you signed up originally. It's there somewhere no doubt, it's a matter of their competency and the ease of pulling that info up at this point.

I'm hopeful whatever happens, that they will be reasonable and honor our status if we reach out to them about the issue. If it even means anything, we'll see!

bobcat and jumpinjulian like this.
  3. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I saw the Stills-Young Band too. Since we're both from Ohio I might guess you may also have been at the Richfield Coliseum show that I attended. It was not fantastic. The recordings are out there, give them a listen.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  4. Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert Forum Reconstructor

Ronnie Wood! They had an affair around 1973, he wrote Mystifies Me and Breathe on Me about her

bobcat, ARK and Gavaxeman like this.
  5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thank you! Maybe for some the Deluxe set is well worth it. But for me the "Roxy raps" (actual songs?) and the other items it's not worth $90.

6. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

It’s not in the database, so either they don’t have it, or they don’t consider it a “studio tape” since it was recorded as a crude home demo in a hotel.

Catbirdman and Heart of Gold like this.
  7. tequeyoyo3000

tequeyoyo3000 Forum Resident

dear god that 73 Bad Fog of Loneliness. Just completely gone. Wow.

Yorick, Matthew Tate, qtrules and 6 others like this.
  8. DougieMilford

DougieMilford Well-Known Member

The Roxy raps are the spoken interludes between the actual songs and will be on both versions. The confusion has come because sometimes they count them in the total number of tracks on the set and sometimes they don't.

ARK, Matthew Tate and Bill Mac like this.
  9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thank you for clearing that up... much appreciated!

DougieMilford likes this.
  10. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

I purchased this boot back in '93. it introduced me to a lot of these tunes in "not bad" quality, but to have them straight from the masters is incredible!

[​IMG]

11. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Quick thought & a question:

- I'm a little biased in one direction, and, not at all as knowledgeable as most of you, but, my god, was Neil ever being generous with his material for Human Highway.
    Apologies if I've offended any CSN fans, but, comparatively speaking, imo, the material on offer from the others didn't hold a candle.

- Where's the Crazy Horse take of Sedan Delivery from the Zuma sessions? Thanks!

12. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Just had my email through with my downloads and I only ordered the retail set yesterday!

Anyone who bought from the UK store that hasn’t received them yet I recommend emailing [email protected]

It seems they are working weekends and sorting out issues

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    ARK, Wildgift, adamos and 4 others like this.
  13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

same show, and yes, i really enjoyed it.

14. trickness

trickness Gotta painful yellow headache

typo in your email address, it's actually [email protected]

ARK likes this.
  15. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

thanks. Edited my post

ARK and trickness like this.
  16. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I have 139 tracks from my download. As life is short is that correct? Wiki states 131 tracks and Superdeluxe sorry I gave up counting but I think it was less than 139. What a saga. Oh the music is of course great. The real box will arrive this week I think so I can then A/B everything in a cool calm collected manner!

17. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

That correct the 131 count doesn’t include the Roxy raps

Flaming Torch likes this.
  18. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Great thanks!

19. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

I would too. Disc 6 might sell like Homegrown. Even as a double LP.

oneway23 and fried like this.
  20. minne

minne Forum Resident

I think they have. When I select Receipts on my Account Page I can see the two payments I made (27th november 2018 and 2019). It will automatically renew friday the 27th.

matt79rome89 and Echoes71 like this.
  21. bystander

bystander Forum Resident

I wonder what are the chances of the Vol. I CD box being re-released, as I had paused my intake of NY material by the time it first came out. It would be a nice surprise if re-appears at the same time the standard issue of Vol. II comes out next year.

(I realize there is no answer to this question, just wondering out loud.)

Matthew Tate and ronbow like this.
  22. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

Can anyone help with steps on where to enter the subscription code that was sent for buying NYA II? My subscription was set to expire this coming Saturday so I cancelled so I could renew/restart with the code. When activating the new subscription I'm just prompted for a credit card and don't get the option to redeem a code. Thanks!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. DougieMilford

DougieMilford Well-Known Member

That's great news, thanks - I emailed that address yesterday so fingers crossed they'll get to me soon!

dtuck90 likes this.
  24. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

So we’re still set to get 5 exclusive tracks, one of them being that gorgeous demo of Ambulance Blues that was previewed on NYA Thursday. This was a surprise to me. Is it Neil’s attempt to add content similar to the NYA1 Blu- Ray updates, or even have hidden Easter eggs like on the first DVD Blu-Ray?

Do we have ideas about what the other 4 tracks would be? Nothing saying that these 5 tracks would have to be in the Archives 2 time frame however it’s strongly suggested with the first preview.

Could one be Zuma Sedan Delivery? Can we speculate on what else we might get and when? What is this set still missing?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  25. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

One More Sign from the TTN sessions.?