Neil Young – Archives Volume II: 1972–1976 (20th Nov 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Smurr1958, Jun 22, 2020.

1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

thanks for the info.

and

i must ask, how do we know that they are on 'midnight on the bay'? so far we only have the crosby*nash vocals on 'long may you run' (on decade) and on 'black coral' on stills box set.

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

thank you

exactly why i did what i did, hopefully there will be more info posted daily.

3. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Dave Geffen singing along with Graham?

ARK likes this.
  4. Another thing that struck me is the absence of tracks from the original Time Fades Away.The other albums from the period have nearly all of their content included.Only Yonder Stands The Sinner from TFA.
    The now deleted Vol 5-8 ORS box is still the only release on CD.Neil must really be uncomfortable with this album.

ARK and alugjk like this.
  5. Catbirdman

Catbirdman Forum Resident

Hitchhiker and Songs for Judy are later than the early 1976 cutoff for Volume 2. They might very well end up being included on a Volume 3, if/when etc...

6. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Now that’d be a rarity! :)

ARK likes this.
  7. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Neil posted the CSNY Midnight as a sneak peek on his site a while back.

ARK and qtrules like this.
  8. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Neil once mentioned in an interview from the late 70's that he wanted to release an entire album of songs he wrote
    that shared titles with more famous songs. I remember he mentioned 'Born To Run' and 'Sail Away'.

9. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Is there going to be any blu-ray audio or video like Archives Volume I on the Volume 2 box set?

10. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Well I can't say I wasn't warned that I would be buying Roxy, Tuscaloosa and Homegrown again. Would have been nice if he would have at least expanded them.

Oh well.

This is still a must-get.

How much will this cost?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  11. ET3311

ET3311 Careful with that axe, Roy.

Roxy was expanded by one song. Yeah, I know.

12. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I noticed.

Surely there were other songs recorded that night.....oh never mind.

13. ET3311

ET3311 Careful with that axe, Roy.

We get an inch but always want that mile. I'm the same.

14. BluEyedBostonDavey

BluEyedBostonDavey Well-Known Member

I bought that and a PS2, both collecting dust.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  15. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

i'm sure you are right, but just like the "raps" on the other live albums, it's still an unreleased tracks. i mean, he went so far as to have one of the raps be an iTunes bonus track (or something like that), so...

16. No.They said years ago that the production of Volume 1 in those formats lost money and they were moving to CD only.I think a lot of the extra visual content of the sort that was in the filing cabinet and on the timeline will pop up on the web site probably exclusive to subscribers.Also they talked about releasing a Blu-ray of Odeon/Budokan and also that album in a vinyl format.Information on that may or may not come out in the lead up to 20 November.

ARK and Veltri like this.
  17. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

I take it Disc 10 is just audio only. If so, that's a big own goal for NYA. There's been a video boot of that same Odeon/Budokan set that's been doing the rounds for a while (in fact it's been one of DimeADozen's most downloaded torrents since it was founded). Of course, we may well yet be surprised...

keef285 likes this.
  18. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

So you're saying I should wait another 11 years before I rush to buy them?

ARK, steelinYaThighs, Sean and 3 others like this.
  19. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

I've put off getting On the Beach, Tonight's the Night, and Zuma on vinyl so that will make up for double dipping on the recent releases. Plus the other stuff. Yes, still a must get. :agree:

20. shakti

shakti Senior Member

I don’t care at this point if it is incomplete, incomprehensible in content or whatever it is. THIS is what I have been waiting for. I’ve put off buying the individual releases (Roxy etc) and am happy to see them included. On first glance, this looks insanely good.

21. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

As I’ve been banned from the ‘Archives’ thread because a couple of people have been reporting every message I post...:rolleyes:

Regarding the box design...if they’re consistent with size, and it is released in the same format as the DVD/Blu-Ray box...and there are four (or 5?) boxes in total...if you were to put them together in a row they would spell out “Neil Young” in a line.
    I doubt this will happen though. :laugh:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

22. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

I can only hope to be around by the time box #4 comes out. :D

23. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

In another thread (subtitled 'any "new" news?') it was speculated that there will be a scaled-down retail version without the book available later on. I'm hoping to put that one under my Xmas tree

Songs for Judy belongs to Vol. 3, no? Along with Hitchhiker? I don't know what the exact cut off point is for Disc 9 but it seems like the chronology splits midway thru 1976

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  24. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

ARK, richierichie, sonnyrock and 6 others like this.
  25. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

I buy anything by Neil from the 70's on vinyl, and also glad to have the music on a disc for when I feel like sitting and listening for long periods.