Neil Young & Crazy Horse live 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thewolfshead, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalPineapple

RoyalPineapple It ain't me in the photo, babe.

Two of them aren't many years off of eighty, and the other two aren't getting any younger...so he's probably right.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. RoyalPineapple

RoyalPineapple It ain't me in the photo, babe.

I think the reason we haven't seen more with CH since the excellent webcast in May is that Neil wanted to write some new songs to play with them, but up until now they haven't been forthcoming. That could change at any time, at which point all bets are off...

Of course there may be a very different explanation; Poncho was very much missed last time (despite being replaced by the impeccable Nils Lofgren), so hopefully he is okay. Poncho is my favourite of all of Neil's sidemen and one of the few people since David Briggs capable of giving the band leader a musical kick up the backside when necessary. Not afraid of putting the cat among the pigeons. He's also a very soulful and underrated guitar player, in my opinion a much better match for Neil's style than the Nelson brothers.

3. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

I find that site VERY hard to navigate or find things....any chance you can link direct, or just cut and paste what he said?

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  4. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

IN THE EDITING ROOM The songs have been chosen 10-12-18 This morning we are back in the editing room working on the videos for ALCHEMY, a Crazy Horse Live Classic that goes beyond LIVE RUST and WELD. This is probably the last live album from Crazy Horse, the band that took me where I had never been before. We started together in 1970, playing in my house in Topanga Canyon. The music we have made over fifty years is others makes this a very compelling rock and roll exploration. Remember the Hearse Theater screening of Like a Hurricane last month? The ALCHEMY videos are cut from that same cloth. Too bad if you missed it when we sneaked it to you that first time, but it will be back with ALCHEMY. CRAZY HORSE FANS, If all goes as planned, ALCHEMY could come out in 2019. I can’t wait to get this one out there for everyone to enjoy. Crazy Horse fans - this one’s for you! The picture will be much more complete, but not finished! Time'sa wastin'. NY NYA

5. Brian Doherty

Forgive me for another question, and thanks much for that cut and paste but....do we know what tour/show this lp is from?

6. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

2012-13.

Brian Doherty likes this.
  7. Brian Doherty

Saw that tour at the Hwood Bowl, loved it. (Or maybe Greek Theater? One of those outdoor LA venues.) Big fan of the PILL material. Excited for this.

8. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Bowl: Sugar Mountain

9. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

In the chronological sense, yes. But I'm sure there will be plenty of archival music --from earlier tours--still to come. And Neil specified "live", so I'm sure there's some studio work in the vault.

I mean, all good things must come to an end, and these guys are pretty old. But who knows for sure. Maybe next summer they'll do a couple of shows.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Heart of Gold likes this.
  10. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

We'll get live NY/CH albums from the days gone by but probably not anything from shows that may happen down the line. However, perhaps what NY/CH should consider is to do resident tours > a series at an East Coast venue as well as a series in the West and Midwest spread apart to give them needed rest. Clapton sort of does this now. I guess it's kind of like "let the fans come to us." We're not talking about young guys anymore.

Quincy and footlooseman like this.
  11. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

If he does this, I wouldn't be surprised if the East Coast venue is the Capitol Theater Portchester, NY. He finally played it for the first time last month with POTR and supposedly loved the venue.

He was supposed to do a show there with CH in 2013 (with Patti Smith opening), but was one of the Pancho cancelled ones.
    I had a ticket for it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    CCrider92 likes this.
  12. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Very nice. Surely, he started playing with Crazy Horse in 68 or 69, not 70, as Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere came out in 69.

13. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I saw Neil and Crazy Horse at the Omni on the Ragged Glory tour and what a show it was!
    They were so loud the entire bldg:bdance: shook......

FourWalledWorld and ohnothimagen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.