Neil Young & Crazy Horse - WORLD RECORD new, Rick Rubin-produced album 2022*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Sep 2, 2022.

1. andyediewatt

andyediewatt Forum Resident

Where was the album cover from? Must be a link please. Cool cover if it's true.

2. andyediewatt

Most produced Neil Young album by a long way.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  3. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Neil’s a dead ringer for his old man

4. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Great cover. Bring it on.

5. andyediewatt

Officially announced this week I'd say. I'm very intrigued as to what Rubin will bring to this project. I'm liking the cover.

Sean, chickendinna and qtrules like this.
  6. Ricky Lampoon

Ricky Lampoon Forum Resident

Would be a cool coincidence for myself if this is the cover, as I’ve just bought Scott’s book Neil and Me. Maybe I’ll start it when the record finally lands.

ARK and tug_of_war like this.
  7. ra7968

ra7968 Chips & Queso

I like the cover. I was worried that the cover would consist of a giant earth or some obvious eco theme. I was hoping he would use the Blood Moon photos I sent him, but this is better. It's mysterious in the way that the Eldorado or On The Beach covers were mysterious. It opens the door to this album being a bit more subtle and interesting than just another eco tirade. Great albums evoke images of their cover. I can't even picture in my mind what the cover of "The Visitor" looks like...

Ryan Lux, Sean, lucan_g and 1 other person like this.
  8. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Neil still has the ability to surprise. I’m with @ra7968. I thought for sure the cover would be Eco themed but instead it’s a picture of his Dad. Nice touch. I hope the album is as good as the cover. This is a promising start.

ra7968 and NunoBento like this.
  9. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades It's only my opinion

Spot on. For some reason, that cover (if it is indeed the cover) raised my expectations for the album quite a few points.

Sean, ra7968, folkfreak and 1 other person like this.
  10. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

The cover layout isn’t dissimilar from the File Cabinet layout at NYA, with the paperclip and documentation….

11. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Fantastic cover if true. It has made me want to know what was going on in Neil's mind on this one.

ra7968 likes this.
  12. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I fully agree with Neil's eco tirades. But I too want him to sing about something else. Such as feelings, which is what he did so well throughout his career.

DTK, majorlance, Sean and 2 others like this.
  13. ra7968

ra7968 Chips & Queso

The official form shown in this artwork is an application to amend voter registration information. It is of British origin presumably used in their realms both historic and current.

14. Gordon Hobs

Gordon Hobs Forum Resident

15. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Who says it's subtle? Perhaps it s about his old man. He was a sports journalist, wasn't he? That would make the title more obvious and the cover picture likewise.

ra7968 likes this.
  16. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Yea he was…semi famous in his own right…at least in Canada. Not just know as Neil Youngs Dad here.

[​IMG]

17. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Seems like every month Neil has a release. And then is archive projects too.

tug_of_war and abzach like this.
  18. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

It’s really not that difficult..it’s a lot but it’s not like he’s Buckethead.

ARK and footlooseman like this.
  19. Mr-Beagle

Mr-Beagle Ah, but the song carries on, so holy

@ RoyalPineapple post 157

"Neil's never been a Leonard-Cohen-style "take 7 years to write a verse" songwriter. He is a spontaneous writer, and that's worked in his favour.

But the idea that he never edits his songs at all is incorrect (or at least, it was). We have evidence of that, from Cinnamon Girl to Like a Hurricane to Wrecking Ball to Crime in the City to Sleeps With Angels."

What's the story behind my favourite track from Freedom?

Ryan Lux likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner

Just been catching up with this thread. In short: the title World Record and also the cover have both not been confirmed anywhere apart from the 2 posts here?

21. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

22. Gordon Hobs

Gordon Hobs Forum Resident

So Sorry, I'm wrong here? This is not the 'fake news are good news too' thread?

23. andyediewatt

Has the album cover been confirmed anywhere?

24. Nowhere does that link to the 1956 novel story -of which that was the cover-mention anything about World Record or any other Neil album.

Zeki likes this.
  25. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I was referring to the story and quotes about Scott Young linked from Thrasher's Wheat.
    Interesting facts and speculation.