Neil Young "Harvest" on vinyl from Germany.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MikeT, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep Thread Starter

I currently have access locally to a German Reprise vinyl pressing of Neil Young "Harvest" on vinyl.

Does anyone else have this pressing, and if so is it worth purchasing?

2. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Mike, I don't have anything to compare it to but I think it sounds fine. BTW, how much will you have to pay for it? I paid $9.99. The one not miss is the German Reprise LP of "Unplugged" by Eric Clapton. EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Regular US stock pressing, and it should look like a Capitol pressing (for those of you who can tell by the appearence) normal Reprise label.

The German LP isn't even close. Buy it, but DO search for a mint pressing of a US issue, with the lyric sheet inside. Well worth it, costs less too, usually.

This seemingly "domestic" US-Capitol pressed issue sounds amazing. Trust me on that.

4. MikeT

My local store is selling it for $14.99. Still not a bad price.

As Skott mentions I do have an original "Harvest" pressing - domestic - but all my albums were in a very bad basement flood, so the cover is shot and the vinyl is very dirty, with heaps and heaps of mold.

I plan on cleaning up the record - which I have slowly been doing with all my albums. But they will never compare to what they once were - since they got so water damged and mold damaged. And even though in cleaning I can get them somewhat quiet - they will never be as quiet as a new pressing.

5. Loud Listener

Loud Listener Forum Resident

I've bought two of the German pressings and both are very noisy.

The sonics are good, but the pressing are scratchy.

6. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I can highly recommend the original Japanese pressing if you can find one. I picked up one about a year ago for $25. Also the Nautilus version is outstanding but very pricey. Is the German one part of their 180gm series? I have not seen this version.

7. MikeT

Based on the heft of the LP and cover - this is definitely not a 180gm pressing. It might even be less than 150gms.

I just recently started seeing it at my local shop, Compact Disc World in NJ who sells vinyl, and was curious.

I hestitated to purchase since I have an original vinyl pressing (see another post above) - and the DVD-Audio version should be out fairly soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.