Neil Young Launches Bootleg Series

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael, Mar 11, 2021.

1. andyediewatt

andyediewatt Forum Resident

Ok cool

So where did the Oct 28th date spring from? Curious. These two will be the most interesting boots thus far.

2. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

the boarding house shows are going to be a big part of volume 3.

Sean, JoeRockhead and ET3311 like this.
  3. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Yes, I am very excited for that! I saw the Shots sneak peek and was floored.

Still…would love to get Come On Baby Lets Go Downtown, Already One…just a complete show would be nice.

qtrules likes this.
  4. Rainbow release is now listed as 23 February on Amazon Italy.

5. Hulloder

Hulloder Forum Resident

I finally broke down and got ‘Citizen Kane Jr. Blues’…….I don’t know what I was waiting for as it has been my favourite official / unofficial Neil set since I first got it on tape 30 years or so ago (in those days it was mostly tapes in the post from some friendly Neil fans).

Listening to it, I still think it is his best - I love Massey Hall, Weld, Tuscaloosa and a few others - but this one just hits harder. The club vibe works to its benefit I think, it’s like an audio movie! And the set is just back to front amazing. I don’t know if I heard another set from this period where he played these songs solo? Maybe there are other things out there, but this one always stood out to me.

6. Hulloder

Hulloder Forum Resident

Btw, I think the ‘On The Beach’ tracks are incredibly powerful as solo tracks - just listening to ‘Ambulance Blues’ is quite an experience, I had to just sit duration and listen. As I said above it hits hard. And although we have heard ‘Helpless’ a bazillion times by now, this version is a really, really great one. He really sings it from heart.

I should have put ‘Time Fades Away’ with ‘Tuscaloosa’ above - ‘Citizen Kane’ comes a year later but seems like a close cousin….just Neil on his own though.

7. Komakino___

Komakino___ It's tiring, roaming these halls...

Been listening to "Lucky Thirteen" recently and I really think we need a Shocking Pinks live document in this series (After we recieve the two missing entries)

ARK, Sean, JoeRockhead and 4 others like this.
  8. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

hopefully solo trans is added to NYA as an album.

Komakino___ likes this.
  9. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Any news on the next official bootleg releases?

10. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Amazon has pushed Somewhere Under the Rainbow 1973 to February 17, 2023, while Falling Down - is this even the real title? - is "temporarily out of stock", so no date given.

Dave Gilmour's Cat likes this.
  11. Komakino___

Komakino___ It's tiring, roaming these halls...

Come to think of it are there any other officially released shocking pinks live tracks other than lucky 13?

12. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

falling down? the other release is the ducks.

ET3311 likes this.
  13. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Thank you.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  14. WhatDoIKnow

True, and sorry for not checking the real title. Amazon has been all over the place with this one for some reason.

The ISBN is B09P4G7NHZ

Amazon Italy and France have the right artist and title but the price is cheaper on amazon Germany, which has a completely different artist and title. Go figure!
    I figured I'd place my order early and then check back from time to time.
    When it comes to amazon, I trust ISBNs whenever titles are inconsistent.

15. Reportedly they have been unhappy with the pressing quality of the vinyl.So even the February date looks doubtful.
    My current guess is Early Daze next followed by Volume 3.Either way the announcements have tended to be within a month of the last scheduled release.So with Harvest50 out next week news may we’ll be coming soon.

Dave Gilmour's Cat likes this.
  16. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Just a heads up that Dorothy Chandler '71 vinyl is on sale today at Amazon for $15.60! Great price for a great album.

Sean, JoeRockhead and Sigma6 like this.
  17. WhatDoIKnow

I've finally received an update on Somewhere under the Rainbow: April 14, according to amazon Italy - which at the moment has the best price as far as I can see at €26,99

https://amzn.eu/d/2sVxVM9

ARK, Sean, tug_of_war and 2 others like this.
  18. Very disappointed if these details are correct and it is only 1 vinyl album.Although I’m a CD buyer I was hoping for a more extensive version of this concert than 45-50 minutes.
    The price only makes sense for 1 vinyl album and 1 piece of vinyl is listed in the product description.

19. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I wonder if it is more likely to be a listing error? The discogs indicates a double LP and a CD which has bonus tracks from other stops on the tour.

20. WhatDoIKnow

This.
    Amazon has been... erratic in putting this record up for sale and then changing the title, the delivery date etc.
    It's a two-record affair, not a single LP. Neil is keeping prices really interesting for his "bootleg series" :agree:

Sean, tug_of_war, Alan57 and 2 others like this.
  21. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

the cd definitely sounds like a bootleg.

22. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Do you mean the "official" Neil Young release? It's what was expected, I think. I don't think a soundboard recording was ever in the offing for this one.

23. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

no, i mean an actual bootleg. with "filler" from the tour.

24. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

well, shoot, nevermind. just looked at the discogs entry. hurry up and release this, neil!

WhatDoIKnow, windfall and bonus like this.
  25. Graham

Graham Senior Member

There's two editions listed on Discogs. One is a (bootleg) CD from 2004 with "bonus tracks from 1973 tour" while the other is the forthcoming (but with some copies out there) official 2LP Shakey Pictures release.

Timjosephuk, Alan57, bonus and 3 others like this.