Neil Young Launches Bootleg Series

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Timjosephuk

Timjosephuk Forum Resident

It would be worth it just for that!!

2. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

[​IMG]

Some are showing on the NYA site now.

frightwigwam, oneway23, Sean and 6 others like this.
  3. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Yeah...They've been there for a couple of weeks already...more or less.

Sean, Heart of Gold and Kubricker like this.
  4. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

And Eldorado has been removed from the release schedule!

5. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

That is a shocker. With Neil, until the actual release date arrives and people receive shipping notices, it is hard to be confident that he is going to follow-through with certain releases.

6. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

I wish bands like Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin would do this, but then again, they'd probably screw it up.

7. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

Do we know if the Weld Series is part of the bootleg series or if it's it's own series.

8. PrineHootieWho2000

Kiss is. The first release comes out next month & is a show from Japan in 2001.

9. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Cool gig too seeing its Ace in tbe band with Eric Singer. Good set list too.

E_Braunn_Fan likes this.
  10. John Manning

John Manning #FreeFeelFlows

Is Pono still a thing? My player’s been redundant since it arrived – had to upgrade my Mac’s operating system and increase its memory to run the bloody stuff and then it all went tits up. Unless someone can kindly persuade me otherwise, to me it was just another Greedy Hand operation that cost me an absolute packet, and for nothing.

Alan57 likes this.
  11. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

I'm a bit behind on all things NY and in fact music in general right now, can I ask are these going to available on CD and vinyl and if so how do we go about buying them?

12. The Weld Series hasn’t been mentioned for nearly a year and doesn’t appear in any recent release schedule.Don’t hold your breath.

Neil recently said in a letter reply that the Bootleg Series will be available everywhere and in all formats.With first release scheduled for end of August expect preorders up around mid July.

frightwigwam, Vineshoot and hodgo like this.
  13. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Many thanks Alan, that is indeed great news. I'm largely interested in the 70's shows, being able to buy these in high quality vinyl is going to be a real treat.

14. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura!

It is defunct, which is why I sarcastically mentioned it. I too spent a large sum of money on recordings and was unimpressed when the service folded.

John Manning likes this.
  15. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Looks great! When was this recorded? Neil looks "Ditchy" in the picture.

16. PrineHootieWho2000

17. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

In Led Zeppelin’s case Page will announce it but it will never get released because someone will refuse to sign off.

sons of nothing likes this.
  18. pdas1996

pdas1996 Forum Resident

Did they push the release date for Carnegie Hall 1970 back to later in the year?

19. PrineHootieWho2000

Yes. August 27.
    Am I correct that bootlegs are the next thing on the schedule?

20. Joseph Sipocz

Joseph Sipocz Forum Resident

Yes - I had one of those, too, and right about the same time period. I forget the bootlegger's title, but it was definitely Carnegie Hall. I remember it included I'm Wondering, which I had never heard before. Truly essential stuff. I have a more complete audience recording now, but would have happy to buy both Carnegie shows as recorded by Neil's people.

21. Now back to last Friday in October with the other 5 scheduled for the following Friday.Not sure where that leaves Noise And Flowers which still has a listed release for the week after that or Toast which is due second Friday in December.They posted something last week about how vinyl production issues are messing with their release schedules.
    On a brighter note Neil wrote that he completed track selection and sequencing for the Volume 3 (1976-1990) Archives box last week and that is one release that vinyl can’t mess with.They have expressed again that that box will contain a large number of discs that might prove (financially?) intimidating for fans.

22. PrineHootieWho2000

Is Bootleg series next or is something before that?

23. An Original Release Series (reactor to Eldorado I think) but I’m not really interested in those so not keeping up with them too closely.

24. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

With Neil, you never really know until it is released. :winkgrin:

richard a and frightwigwam like this.
  25. 24JGM

24JGM Forum Resident