Neil Young Launches Online Archives (1st December 2017)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Defrance, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

I think Graham quit doing CSNY stuff when his relationship with Crosby fell apart.

Efus likes this.
  2. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

Getting a page not found on all contrarian articles. Maybe they’re working on an update on the tour.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  3. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

"On our vinyl list" is a bummer to hear as it means very little. I was really hoping Broken Arrow was in production. Dang it, Greendale!

Porkpie and qtrules like this.
  4. nmesen

nmesen Forum Resident

As someone who has BA but hasn't forked out the $300+ for Greendale, I am excited!

Rockinrob likes this.
  5. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

To balance it out, he does also include Greendale as one of the ones "on our vinyl list".

Maybe it's all one list....;)

6. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Hmm, no, it seems Greendale is in production and the rest are "hopefully somedays" unless I'm reading something wrong.

7. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

He says Greendale, Broken Arrow, Le Noise and Mirror Ball are "on our vinyl list". Then replies to a separate question about Greendale saying it's "one of the next batch of vinyl we are making".
    I'd say there'a fairly decent chance there's some overlap on both this "list" and the "next batch".

Crush87 likes this.
  8. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

As someone who has the Greendale box but hasn't forked out the $300+ for Broken Arrow, I too am excited!

Tropehjelm and Rockinrob like this.
  9. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

as someone who has them both, AND paid retail for them when they came out...

NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH!!!!

DmitriKaramazov and qtrules like this.
  10. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

I bought BA on vinyl when it was first released but missed Sleeps and Greendale - both of which I'll buy when rereleased.

Stone Turntable likes this.
  11. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Has he given any indication as to which other albums we’ll be getting on vinyl in 2019?

12. Kahunasunset

Kahunasunset Forum Resident

Im guessing we'll see Eldorado EP, Freedom, Ragged Glory, Weld, and Sleeps With Angels in the next boxset. Unless the Geffen era albums are next. He seemed to have skipped them in favour of This Note's For You.

Myke likes this.
  13. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Got tickets to the third Minneapolis show. All the cheap seats for the first show are gone. Shame since that is in the smaller of the three venues.

14. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I got tickets for the Milwaukee show, but was hoping to go to the first Minneapolis show as well. Tickets were either $300 or $50. Before I could start the process they were gone.

15. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

I didn't buy any tickets and I won't be but I just wanted everyone to know that.

Rockinrob and Porkpie like this.
  16. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

They're doing the vinyl masters of Odeon-Budokan from the Briggs' original mixes. This Hi res by Tim Mulligan is already ready. They 're mixing From the original 16 reels the Tuscaloosa concert. I think that Tuscaloosa was the first recorded concert from the TFA Tour and I guess that they're planning of release the entire TFA Tour. A Titanic enterprise.

Geir, Rockinrob, Jbird and 2 others like this.
  17. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Where did you read this?

18. Heart of Gold

19. Heart of Gold

John Hanlon 's notebook from NYA

Sigma6 likes this.
  20. Heart of Gold

Neil said 10 years ago that Archives Vol. 2 should comprise a disc from the early concerts of TFA Tour with the original drummer Buttery. Or Tuscaloosa is a different project from the TFA Tour or that disc wasn't ever worked on.

21. Richard Starkly

Richard Starkly Can't tune a piano, but I can tuna fish

Don't mess with me like that. I'm a casual fan these days to the point where I haven't heard most of the recent archive releases, never even bothered with Storytone or A Letter Home. But I'd listen right through a TFA boxset, or at least the electric sets. It's never going to happen, though. That's not been his style so far. His MO is carefully curated sets, not just dumping it all out there.

Judge Judy and Heart of Gold like this.
  22. Heart of Gold

There could be some urgency here related to the copyright loss in the European Union , but early concerts seem to have relatively static set lists. It's possible that Tuscaloosa is the name of the album from these early concerts. Tuscaloosa was the first concert recorded from the multitracks.

23. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner

The previous 'Mastering the LP' post from John Hanlon was from August. And that album was released in November. So that's three months later. So here is me hoping that Odeon-Budokan will be released in March :D.

But seriously, seems like there's still a bit of work to be done.

Heart of Gold likes this.
  24. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Could be a RSD release again like Roxy was

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  25. Richard Starkly

Richard Starkly Can't tune a piano, but I can tuna fish

Nahhh... any copyright issues won't kick in for another four or five years. Static setlists are exactly why they're more likely to go for one show. Any release from this tour is great news for me, if it's Tuscaloosa then so be it. I prefer the later part of the tour because then there's Crosby and Nash and more of a chance the band will get into a groove and do a long jam on Last Dance at the end of the set but even without that it's Neil as raw as he ever got playing some of his best songs with a great band. Plus he's so in the moment that I can get into hearing little differences in phrasing on a static setlist. Nothing phoned in, none of the TTN theatrical buffer. That said I've only heard four or five shows from the tour, and it's a long time since I heard those, but I've never really been one for live bootlegs and those really hit me hard.